bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Reviews for Settlers of the West!

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 1, 13 8:27 AM
Hello All!

What do you think of Settlers of the West? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the Settlers of the West page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgDeveron

Edited on 10/01/2013 at 10:57:18 AM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Re:Reviews for Settlers of the West!

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 1, 13 8:28 AM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

(For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.)

Thank you!

bfgDeveron

tinyzac
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by tinyzac on Oct 1, 13 8:36 AM
I will just say this game is a pain you cant progress until you get the required points so you have to replay the same level over and over again until you give up in frustration or reach the quota but apart from that you should enjoy it graphics are good a bit too much dialogue but if you are one who perserveres you should enjoy the game

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Oct 1, 13 1:29 PM
I agree with tinyzac, however I'm going to buy the game anyway because almost the only games offered are HOA and I don't care for those and I like building games the best. It's certainly no Royal Envoy, but since I've played Royal Envoy over and over, it's good for a change.

LanaPook
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by LanaPook on Oct 1, 13 6:54 PM
I will third what the others have said here. It is hard to progress and hard to figure out how to do it. Big Fish please ask the developers to amend this game to make it so we can play it. Thanks!

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Oct 1, 13 7:59 PM
3 Cheers for Settlers of the West!! Excellent TM Game!!

This fishy was soooo happy to see a TM game this morning instead of the usual HO game! I love the game. The graphics are fantastic, storyline is well written and humorous, and directions are easy to understand, but to wordy in my book. It maintains all the standards of a building TM game, but has added features that make it totally different. I had my card out to purchase as soon as the trial was over. I wish BF would give us TM lovers a special day, such as TM Tuesdays, so we could look forward to at least one new game weekly instead of the sporadic offerings of late. It's been well over 2 weeks since the last TM game with many, many HO games in between. Keep them coming BF!

Highly recommended by this Happy Fishy!

[Post New]by MarkAlan762 on Oct 2, 13 12:40 AM
Very innovative time management game with a western theme. You will be assigning duties to the townsfolk. Will they work in the Construction Yard? The Doctor's Office? The Church? Or will they be a Sheriff to catch the bandit (who might be a notorious outlaw) or will you form a posse? And yes, it's possible to grab the gold for each location if you plan your strategy right.

Recommended!

Edited on 10/02/2013 at 12:41:48 AM PST

tinyzac
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by tinyzac on Oct 2, 13 5:12 AM
finallygot silver on ft union guess what you have to get gold to progress please big fish ask the devs to make it easier to progress or this game will be deleted which would be a shame as I was getting to enjoy it until ft union came up

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 2, 13 9:30 AM
Wow, I found this game really cumbersome...way too much dialog and some real convuluted (spelling on that) things to do...got bored and frustrated real quickly. Maybe good for someone else...not me.

simlady40
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by simlady40 on Oct 2, 13 10:29 AM
I am enjoying the game but agree with some of the other comments - it IS very hard to progress without the points so you do keep playing same level over and over again and I am on novice level!! doubt i ever be able to get to expert level ;-o

debbie6754
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by debbie6754 on Oct 2, 13 11:00 AM
I would not recommend this game as it currently stands. Even on novice level, it is virtually impossible. Only buy it if you don't mind playing the same levels over and over.

[Post New]by MarkAlan762 on Oct 2, 13 2:29 PM
tinyzac wrote:finallygot silver on ft union guess what you have to get gold to progress please big fish ask the devs to make it easier to progress or this game will be deleted which would be a shame as I was getting to enjoy it until ft union came up

Yes, that is quite a challenging level. And I finally got the gold after I figured out that you can put mules to work at the Trading Posts, and two mules in each Mine and Lumberyard (after they've been upgraded). Mules can carry a lot more than the humans.

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Oct 3, 13 6:15 AM
At first I wasn't gettin it but I bought it anyway and I love it. Lot of strategy involved.
Playing the levels over and over helped me to understand how to play. I managed to gold on the first 7 levels. Very cool TM game.

MzShel
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by MzShel on Oct 3, 13 2:40 PM
I did the beta test on this game and LOVED it. Couldn't wait for it to come out so I could buy it. Now that I've bought it I am deeply disappointed. This is NOT the same as when I beta tested it. It is nearly impossible to advance because the levels are so hard to get even silver on, and I'm in the novice section. I wish had hadn't been so eager to buy it and had done the trial first. I would NOT have purchased it if I had known they had increased the difficulty of it.

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Oct 4, 13 9:33 AM
Too difficult, not enough "fun" and I'm not buying it just because there aren't any other TM games being offered. I won't do that. Very disappointed.

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Oct 4, 13 1:38 PM
Love the basic functions/graphics of this game, absolutely HATE that you're required to achieve a certain number of points to progress. I used a "free game" credit to buy it, and am really sorry I did.

MikiB007
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by MikiB007 on Oct 4, 13 3:51 PM
This game is impossible! Big Fish should either negotiate an update with the developers, or offer a refund. I, and many others don't have spare cash to squander on unplayable games!

dmontgo
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by dmontgo on Oct 4, 13 7:39 PM
I played about 40 minutes of the Trial and enjoyed it. The only thing keeping me from purchasing is the fact that towards the end of the 40 minutes, it was getting challenging. That and the reviews here about it being so hard...I don't want to waste the money or the game credit! But now I see that the company that developed the game has an update and they have submitted it to Big Fish (this is in another thread on this board). As soon as BF posts the update...I am going to finish my 20 minutes and then decide. But the way it stands now...I am not buying!

[Post New]by ultimate_chik on Oct 5, 13 1:13 AM
its a very good game and although most tm games are quite easy this one is proving very difficult ... a bit too difficult i cant unlock any other levels and cant get gold on some of the levels

please make this silghtly easier pleaseeee as i have purchased it and would like to be able to complete the game

thanks

[Post New]by Willowwind69 on Oct 5, 13 9:49 AM
Agree with the others. I am playing on Novice (which I'm not) and can only get Bronze on a lot of the levels. There is no way to finish a level in the time allotted to get Gold. Very annoying after the fifteenth or sixteenth try at a level and still getting Bronze.

Go to: