bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

7 Grand Steps

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 2, 13 12:29 AM
Guide the generations of one family through ancient times in 7 Grand Steps! An enormous tableau of the rise of western culture awaits your exploration, but the game starts with simple, absorbing play that expresses a common facet of life, two steps forward one step back.

Then, like layers upon a pearl, game play expands, allowing fresh tactics and strategies which, turn by turn, drive a sophisticated, emergent narrative. How you play defines the lives of one family's generations through the changing ages.

Re:7 Grand Steps

[Post New]by heatherceana on Jul 24, 14 8:30 AM
Greetings.

This is a very intricate and beautiful game. You will spend hours upon hours trying out different things. I have had the difficulty that even if I treat my children exactly the same through-out a single life-time, the VERY first difference can result in an animosity that totally disrupts the next generation. There should be set values there, rather than random generation for the animosity level.

Also, when you climb the social ladder, be prepared for a VERY hard climbing up! You have almost no chance to generate the tokens you need to educate your children, let alone to move on that level.

A question I have would be how do I change occupations in the last track?

Thanks so much for this great game!

Heather Ceana

Edited on 08/31/2014 at 8:25:18 AM PST

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Feb 17, 15 9:19 AM
Do we know if BFG will be offering the sequel game (assuming the developers make one)?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 17, 15 11:59 AM
Hi everyone,

I was splashing along and came across this thread. It sounds like this game has been so much fun that a sequel is wanted. I definitely know what it's like to play a game you love and want to continue with another!

We currently don't have any information as to if a sequel will be provided. If we hear of anything, we will definitely keep you posted in the forums!

I hope this helps! Happy gaming!

bfgBellerophon

Go to: