A strange bug on the docks. Causes the game to be "stuck"

[Post New]by Kinohki on Oct 3, 13 6:22 PM
Greetings and salutations. I'm a bit stuck on the game and not pleased as this has happened twice now. Here is the issue.

On the docks, there is a hidden object game at the small outpost type deal after you turn on the dock's power. (It's to the west of the gate.) The first instance, you collect the glasses, hat, etc and so forth.

Later on, you have to return to this area to do a second hidden object game. Here in lies the problem as, for some reason, it glitches up and reloads the first instance of it where you are finding the hat and glasses. The case with the glasses is open and the glasses are there to collect, but the game doesn't recognize it and won't let you collect them.

Furthermore, the game is simultaneously running the second instance of it in the background, so you can collect things from it in the background, like the key and padlock and stamp and envelope and such. I've not found a work around for this and it keeps happening, ultimately being a bit annoying. I'd hate to have to skip the chapter and all of the content in it just to get around this, but so far have found no luck.

I also don't want to have to start over as I've had to do that twice now and it's pretty darned infuriating. if anyone knows a solution, please post it here. Thank you. Basically, I need the light switch from that HoG but I can't obtain it.

Re:A strange bug on the docks. Causes the game to be "stuck"

[Post New]by designist on Oct 9, 14 8:26 AM
I am having the same problem. I was able to complete the second (erroneous?) search in a row with one exception - when I click on the glasses case nothing happens, and requesting a hint doesn't do anything either. Can't move ahead - can someone help?

Go to: