bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Jeweller: The Cursed Treasures

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 4, 13 12:29 AM
A jeweler is tasked with the restoration of some timeworn jewelry, but when he mysteriously disappears, rumors circulate that the pieces may be cursed. Help the jeweler's wife get her husband back by obtaining the gems necessary to complete the quest's mosaic. Progress through 7 exciting chapters and 60 challenging levels as you race to repair the mystic jewelry! With a unique storyline that will leave you hooked, Jeweller: The Cursed Treasures puts an adventurous twist on traditional Match-3 gameplay.

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:Jeweller: The Cursed Treasures

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Oct 4, 13 5:06 AM
I love it. This little " gem " is very entertaining and challenging. You have to match as usual but in the meantime you need to collect gems and place them in various jewels / talismans which sometimes only take a specific color of a gem. Don't forget to also fill up the little treasure chest which will add to your timer to get gold.
I only wish it would give you more time, the timer goes pretty quick and the tiles are not always easy to make out.
I don't mind them being small but the colors sometimes kind of wash into each other.
Before I knew it my demo time was over and I had to buy.
This game makes you think.
Towards the end of the level make sure to add to your timer before you place the last gem in your talisman, to achieve gold.
I enjoyed this game very much, but please make better looking tiles, or more intense colors so tiles can be picked faster.
This is a very entertaining match 3 with a twist.

clk017
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by clk017 on Oct 4, 13 6:28 AM
I like the game but ,like so many fishies before me have said, PLEASE developers---'Allow us to have the option of playing timed or not. I couldn't get past level 8, so after trying it 3 times, frustratingly quit. Would probably have bought it if not for that.

[Post New]by shortstuff9559 on Oct 4, 13 6:30 AM
Good game but dont like the time limit.I am on a time limit at work to get tasks done. so for me no buy,If i had the option to be relaxed then it would be a good game.

crlmtly
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by crlmtly on Oct 4, 13 7:18 AM
Wish there wasn't a timer, to stressful and I have enough of that in every day life...

gsdogs
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by gsdogs on Oct 4, 13 7:31 AM
I agree with all of the above Would buy an untimed version in a minute to bad

jgehrke
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by jgehrke on Oct 4, 13 7:58 AM
Only 800MB of drive space for a M3? Good grief - I may have to delete some stuff...

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on Oct 4, 13 8:06 AM
nice graphics...but far too stressful.!!!!

like others I love match three but wont buy this as there is no option for untimed mode.

shame as it looks a good game

Paige63
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Paige63 on Oct 4, 13 8:36 AM
I love Match 3 games but I play them to relax. Will not buy a game that does not have an untimed mode!

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Oct 4, 13 8:46 AM
I agree with several other fishies on this one. I like the game very much... it's so different from any other Match 3 game I own. I felt the Match 3 tiles (especially the ones with pale colors) were hard to see but that wouldn't be a "deal breaker" for me. However, since there is no "untimed" option available, I feel the need to pass on it.

It's sad, for the creative ideas in this game are great... collecting jewelry pieces and doing jewelry repair, etc. It also offers a background story and challenging levels. I don't know about the length, as I just sampled the demo... but I really enjoyed the levels I played. It isn't the "same old, same old" style of most Match 3's. Had they gone just a step farther with it and offered both a timed and an untimed option, it would definitely be a game I'd buy.

Don't know if it is possible to add the untimed function to it now, but, if so, I wish they would "rework it" and offer an updated version. If they did this, I'd be first in line to make a purchase.

Classicaljazz

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Oct 4, 13 1:28 PM
I like the game but ...

NO UNTIMED MODE = NO BUY

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on Oct 4, 13 5:26 PM
Like most others, I was about to give up on this game until I figured out how to
keep adding time to the timer. Just move your unwanted jewel pieces to the box
on the bottom right and when the bar is full, click on it and time is added. I am no
longer having a problem of making the time limit and it going to be a buy for me.

Very enjoyable.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Oct 5, 13 1:43 AM
JanG7 wrote:Like most others, I was about to give up on this game until I figured out how to
keep adding time to the timer. Just move your unwanted jewel pieces to the box
on the bottom right and when the bar is full, click on it and time is added. I am no
longer having a problem of making the time limit and it going to be a buy for me.

Very enjoyable.

Yes those unwanted jewel pieces are very handy aren't they, without them I wouldn't have made it as far as I did but I still ran out of them and time and was in the process of having to replay a level when the demo ended.

Devs

Relaxed Mode = Buy

No Untimed Mode = No Buy

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Oct 5, 13 8:09 PM
Gosh! I have the same issue as other's that have posted...NO UNTIMED, NO BUY!

This was a large file and have a hi-speed modem, but it took about a minute or two to go from 'logo' to 'game info' to 'actual play'...I have been an M3 fan for quite a long time now and this was like 'no other', had a storyline, awesome graphics, music not annoying...wish the tiles were more on color but once used to view was o.k.. .

Now am so dissappointed as although it has been posted by (JanG7) to put 'jewel' in a box in right hand corner for more time just seems intrusive to 'enjoying' the game play , but great hint for those that have purchased!

As a M3 this one rates a 5 star for the dev's in creating a really adventure game in this genre. big KUDOS!...but goes down as barely 3 star for no 'untimed' mode...I also like to enjoy a game and relax a bit!

So that said am going to my BFApp (GM) where I have had one marvelous M3 game, played twice and still enjoy! ... Will check for any possible 'update' on this but not sure how long that will take for PC games nowadays!...Sorry I really wanted this game!

Lets...

TinkerOne
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by TinkerOne on Oct 6, 13 2:50 PM
I have the same message as let'sdoit.....I like to play both timed and untimed- just my luck- bought it already !!!!

[Post New]by EPF4CATSBK on Oct 11, 13 11:14 PM
I really liked this game but I found some things about it really frustrating:

1. What is the point of having Gold, Silver and Bronze medals when they seem to make no differences in the outcome of the game or levels?

2. This game seems to be designed to not giving you any pieces needed for the level your playing so no matter how good you are, there is no way of getting gold on them. For example Level 60 you can't get enough orange pieces to fill before everything freezes up on you.

This game should be designed simular to the marble type games once you finish a color you only get those types of pieces etc....

molly539
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by molly539 on Oct 13, 13 3:55 PM
I am a big Match-3 fan and I was captivated by this game when I played the demo and bought it. Big mistake! The graphics are wonderful, the music is pretty and relaxing, the story is good and the gameplay is smooth and fast moving. However, as others have mentioned, there is no untimed option. So as you get farther on in the game, it becomes harder to get the right tiles you need to complete the jewelry. In fact, the way it's set up, you can't even get game pieces to put in the little box to buy additional time or bonuses if the inventory collection bar at the bottom of the board is full of boxes (for collecting gems from the boxes on the gameboard).

I've only gotten as far as level 38 and am totally frustrated. This is one of the levels where tiles on the board are frozen and you have to make a match near them to break the ice. The tiles freeze faster than I can make matches and collect gems from the boxes. I don't mind a little challenge in a Match-3 game but I play this type of game to relax. This is not relaxing at all. Very disappointed.

Go to: