ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

Anyone beating developer times?

[Post New]by ShazPG on Oct 4, 13 4:59 PM
On my first play through, I beat the developer's time on ONE level. On the rest, I was usually anywhere between 10-20 seconds over, with some levels taking even longer.

Now I'm going through trying to match or beat the developer's time on all levels. So far, I've only managed it on level 1. On level 2, the closest I can get is 5 seconds longer. And I can't see anywhere I can make improvements.

Can't find any walkthroughs or videos

rebahanna
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Anyone beating developer times?

[Post New]by rebahanna on Oct 7, 13 6:54 PM
I've beat the developer's time on 6 different levels so far. There are a few of them that are easy to do that on - others, I cannot figure out how on earth you could!

Now I'm stuck on level 23; can't seem to get the key to beating it within expert time. Anyone have any ideas? That second set of spiders keeps getting me. Drat!

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Oct 7, 13 6:58 PM
I'm getting there on a few too now - some of them I'm beating by 20 seconds or more, some I'm just scraping in, some I'm still WAY over. Have to rethink my tactics, but coming up blank at the moment.

bhom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by bhom on Oct 7, 13 11:39 PM
How did you beat level 1 developer's time? I beat all except for level 1-3 and this is because of the stupid messages/hints that keep coming up. The key to beating the developer's time is to avoid some unnecessary tasks.

bhom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by bhom on Oct 7, 13 11:53 PM
rebahanna wrote:I've beat the developer's time on 6 different levels so far. There are a few of them that are easy to do that on - others, I cannot figure out how on earth you could!

Now I'm stuck on level 23; can't seem to get the key to beating it within expert time. Anyone have any ideas? That second set of spiders keeps getting me. Drat!

In the beginning of the game, cut two trees and build the bridge on the right, leading to the Mother Nature spell. Meanwhile, collect the food and potion. Keep gathering potion, food, wood, and gold. Once you have enough food and gold, cut down the rock on the left and get the wood in that area, you can leave the last tree. After this, the first round of spiders comes. Have the big guy use mother nature then click on the frozen spiders. You'll have to keep an eye on the mother nature, once it runs out, click on it again to make the big guy activate it. The second round of spider's will be heading towards your house, but if you are quick enough, you'll freeze them right before they reach it. The key here is clicking on the Mother Nature idol right after it runs out the first time.

Hope this helps!

mom68
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by mom68 on Oct 8, 13 6:48 PM
So far, on my third go round, I've beaten the developer's time 9 times. I'm starting to get the flow of the game better and the theories on which order you do things. I even was able to finish the level that gives me the most dread: level 39. I was so proud of myself, I did a couple of fist pumps in the air.

Overall, I'm glad I purchased this game. It's a fun one!

Happy Gaming, Fishes!

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Oct 8, 13 9:03 PM
@bhom, the timer pauses while those tutorials/instructions are up. It is distracting, but if you're quick after clicking, it doesn't cause too much of a problem.

The trick with this level is to NOT do everything as soon as you can. Chopping the tree and building the house on the right use up workers that could be doing other things, and at the end of the level, everyone is in the tree twiddling their thumbs, waiting for the last 4 tasks on the left to be done, 3 of which have to be done in sequence.

So follow the tutorial through to clearing the logs blocking the path on the right. Send one gremlin to the logs and the other to the pumpkins. As soon as the logs are clear, collect one bag of gold on the right, and more pumpkins on the left. Then the other bag of gold on the right and the slab of meat on the left.

As soon as you can, remove the boulders blocking the path on the left, then grab the slab of meat.

Now the paths to both houses are clear. Chop down the two trees now, then build the houses at the same time.

I came in between 95-96 seconds, so it's still close.

bhom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by bhom on Oct 8, 13 11:44 PM
@ShazPG, Thanks! That worked like a charm. Now, the only level I haven't beaten the developer's is Level 2. Have any suggestions on that one?

Thanks!

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Oct 13, 13 1:37 AM
You're asking the wrong person on that one I think I need to get pointers from you on some of them - I'm 30+ seconds over still on a few.

bhom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by bhom on Oct 14, 13 9:07 AM
@Shaz

Which ones? I've gotten them all beat except for Level 2!

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Oct 14, 13 8:49 PM
Okay, after persevering, I managed to beat developer times on 5 of my remaining 6 levels.

That means I'm at the same place as you bhom, just needing to get level 2. How close are you getting? I'm about 3 seconds out on my best try so far, but even struggling to repeat that.

If I figure it out, I'll let you know

Edited on 10/16/2013 at 5:13:09 PM PST

bhom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by bhom on Oct 16, 13 5:27 PM
@Shaz, I'm 11 sec from the developer's time. Gahhh! This is driving me crazy! I try to time it just right so that one worker is building the house while another is chopping up the tree, and the house builder and person inside the house can grab the two bags of gold on the way back home. I don't see how they did it!

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Oct 17, 13 11:08 AM
I have been able to beat the Developer's Time on most of the levels, but still have a few I can't seem to beat. Does anyone have a strategy to beat the Developer's time on Levels:

1, 2, 19, or, 23 ?

Edited on 10/20/2013 at 9:29:15 AM PST

sipason
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by sipason on Oct 17, 13 1:40 PM
bhom wrote:@Shaz, I'm 11 sec from the developer's time. Gahhh! This is driving me crazy! I try to time it just right so that one worker is building the house while another is chopping up the tree, and the house builder and person inside the house can grab the two bags of gold on the way back home. I don't see how they did it!

I was 2 seconds behind the dev's record in Level 2.
But I couldn't improve the record further at all.
I can't think any better strategy at all.
I gave up playing the game when the game crashed in Level 1 after reinstall.
In other levels, I didn't have that many problems for beating dev's record.

Edited on 10/17/2013 at 1:41:43 PM PST

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Oct 17, 13 3:48 PM
I'm now only about 1.5 seconds outside of the developer's time on level 2. @bhom, I do the same thing - saves a trip half way around the track for someone.

I can't see any way to make further improvements. Someone claimed it's impossible to beat, and if that's the case, I'm wondering if that record was obtained and then something small was changed in the level. However, I've thought I couldn't do any better on other levels as well, and managed to finally make it, so I'll persist.

@wxman77477, apart from level 23, the ones you listed are most of the ones that I was left struggling with as well. If I can, I'll give you some pointers in your other post.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Oct 17, 13 5:51 PM
Aarggghhhh! Got it down to 89.9 seconds. Still 0.6 seconds too long. And darn hard to repeat!

Edited on 10/18/2013 at 12:00:12 AM PST

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Oct 20, 13 3:45 PM
WOOOOHOOOO! I BEAT IT!!!!!

Level 2 - 88.9 seconds - 0.4 seconds better than the developer time.

So it IS possible.

Now I just have to repeat it half a dozen times and document the steps as I do it. Stay tuned ...

[Post New]by lmaomostly on Oct 20, 13 4:21 PM
I'm glad someone has beat it. It's been driving me nuts. Best time I've gotten is 91.6 and haven't been within 3 seconds of that all day. Don't know how I got the 91.6 time. Guess I'll keep trying!
Btw, as aggravating as it is, I love that some of these levels are so hard to beat. Usually I get expert + on the first go rounds with these games. I still have several levels to try to beat developer's on this game.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Oct 20, 13 4:30 PM
I agree. First time through, I had to replay several levels just to get the red flower, and I only beat the developer's record on one. Going back, most of them took several goes to beat the dev record, with a few REALLY tough ones in there.

I enjoyed this game as much as the Dragon Keeper games, and really liked the extra challenge of the dev records. Wish it was easier to tell which levels you'd beaten the dev record on - maybe a different coloured text when hovering over them.

bhom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by bhom on Oct 20, 13 10:26 PM
Way to go, Shaz! Post those hints when you are ready!!

Go to: