matthew06
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

starting over

[Post New]by matthew06 on Oct 5, 13 1:54 AM
Someone said they had different user accounts and started the game over from the beginning. How is this done? and can you go back and play the different user/account names. I'm on level163 and have 52 honey pots to use. Now getting bored.

Any help would be great. plus I hope they update this game soon.

SandyFish55
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,306 Posts

Re:starting over

[Post New]by SandyFish55 on Oct 6, 13 8:00 AM
There is a way to save your profile and or start the game over. If you save your profile regularly, in the event of a crash, your game will be safe!

1st create a folder ~ Found and place it on your desktop or somewhere you have easy access to it.

2nd Find this file folder:
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Elephant Games\Found - Free to Play

Depending on what system you are running, the wording might be slightly different from the above…some might have ‘Application Data’ spelled out, as an example.

3rd
After you have located the file there will be 8 files in there depending on what level you are at.

Settings
Save_v2
Logfile
Shop_data
Rooms_data_island_1
Rooms_data_island_2
Quests-data
Collections_data

Copy these files into the Found file folder you made, click save. Now you can either go back to playing your game or If you want to start the game over. Delete the files in the game file C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Elephant Games\Found - Free to Play
And start the game up…you will be at the beginning.

To play multiple profiles, create different subfolders in your Found folder name them as you wish, and just copy the files from the main file folder as many times as you wish.

DO NOT DELETE THESE FILES UNTIL YOU ARE POSITIVE YOU HAVE THEM SECURLY IN YOUR SAVED FILE FOLDER

Save regularly and you will never loose your progress again!

Edited on 10/06/2013 at 11:31:15 AM PST

[Post New]by silvershade on Oct 8, 13 8:28 PM
SandyFish55 wrote:There is a way to save your profile and or start the game over. If you save your profile regularly, in the event of a crash, your game will be safe!

1st create a folder ~ Found and place it on your desktop or somewhere you have easy access to it.

2nd Find this file folder:
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Elephant Games\Found - Free to Play

Depending on what system you are running, the wording might be slightly different from the above…some might have ‘Application Data’ spelled out, as an example.

3rd
After you have located the file there will be 8 files in there depending on what level you are at.

Settings
Save_v2
Logfile
Shop_data
Rooms_data_island_1
Rooms_data_island_2
Quests-data
Collections_data

Copy these files into the Found file folder you made, click save. Now you can either go back to playing your game or If you want to start the game over. Delete the files in the game file C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Elephant Games\Found - Free to Play
And start the game up…you will be at the beginning.

To play multiple profiles, create different subfolders in your Found folder name them as you wish, and just copy the files from the main file folder as many times as you wish.

DO NOT DELETE THESE FILES UNTIL YOU ARE POSITIVE YOU HAVE THEM SECURLY IN YOUR SAVED FILE FOLDER

Save regularly and you will never loose your progress again!

Okay, I created the file name but when I tried to search for the files, my computer told me it can't find the files(Yes, I put my user name in the USER NAME section ). I've searched but still no go. I thought I found the files but they looked nothing like you listed, Sandyfish. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but I would like to save my profile before I download the new update.

[Post New]by zitronenfalter12 on Oct 8, 13 8:58 PM
Could you tell me what files you have there?

SandyFish55
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,306 Posts

[Post New]by SandyFish55 on Oct 9, 13 4:49 AM
~Silvershade...check your folder options and check the box to show hidden folders...that should help. Or, do a search on your desktop/lappy for "Found"

hth

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 9, 13 1:14 PM
Hi everyone,

If certain save files aren't showing up, it may be because those files are hidden by default in the Windows settings. Though our help article here is for running a game as an administrator, the first part of the article covers how to enable hidden files and folders:

Run Game as Administrator

Also, certain files may be in different locations depending on your operating system and preferences. If you have any problems, please let our Tech Support Team know.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

Go to: