tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

About Exclusive Big Fish Games App offer.

[Post New]by tammytheo on Oct 5, 13 8:56 AM
I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me if this particular offer applies to "Stranded Dreamscapes" as well as this is the TGT and I really don't know. If yes, then I feel like a fool because I paid full price for this game.

Now, how in the world were we supposed to know that we had to check BF Games App or Game Manager or whatever to find out about a possible offer before buying this game or any other CE game in here? What kind of policy is this? You've got to be kidding me right? Not a happy customer here dear Big Fish. Are you going to just ignore me about this one also?

Edited on 10/05/2013 at 7:53:20 PM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:About Exclusive Big Fish Games App offer.

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 5, 13 10:20 AM
I would assume it applies to this game, even though it's the TGT. That particular sale is exclusive to Game Club members and they're the only ones who can get the game today anyway. And the sale goes on until the 6th when this game won't be the TGT.

I got the e-mail about the exclusive sale this afternoon but haven't tried the game yet so didn't get caught out. I have in the past missed these sales because I didn't check my e-mail but unfortunately it happens sometimes.

Maybe there's another CE you might like that you can get in the sale?

kalalika
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by kalalika on Oct 5, 13 3:16 PM
If you're referring to the 99 cent sale, CE's are excluded, only good for SE"s.

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Melymc on Oct 5, 13 4:09 PM
tammytheo, I agree it threw me for a loop too. I've learned to pull my game manager up when I pull BigFish up at the same time. I have a suggestion that may help you a little. You can go to customer service under My Account and tell them what happened and I'm sure that they will do something to help you. They will probably give you a coupon or something. In my experience they always try to keep their customers happy. You can wait until they come on line Monday or, if you're patient, this is what I did, you can do this today, is just fill out the e-mail form and send it. Just tell them what happened. Hope this helps you feel somewhat better. We all make mistakes and I'm sure you aren't the only one who made this one with the way the sale was presented! Have a great weekend!

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Oct 5, 13 5:33 PM
Thank you guys for trying to shed some light on this.

I'm not referring to this offer kalalika. I'm referring to the other one. The one that pops up in the Game Manager and applies to all CE games after using the word "CLASSIFIED" as a code. The one that you have to be a medium in order to know about and be able to take advantage of before purchasing a CE game.

It's good to know when someone understands twisoniclab. It feels less lonely.

Thank you for the suggestion angelfish106 but we're talking about a CE "addict" here so at the moment there isn't another CE I'd like to get as I already own all the games I'm interested in. I understand that you got an e-mail about this particular offer so I presume that someone has to be registered to this service in order to be informed about it. But what about those of us who haven't signed up for receiving e-mails from BF? If I understand correctly that means that we are actually being excluded from this offer, although we are still members, since there's no other way of knowing about it. Oh, except if you're lucky enough to have a moment of divine inspiration and check your Game Manager before purchasing!

From what I recall, this is the first time that BF offers a discount in such an insidious way. And this has to do with the way and not the money. I couldn't care less about the money right now. It's about how BF treats its loyal customers. They let me down today. And since I consider myself one of their biggest funs... it really, really is a shame.

PS: I hope you understand that I'm not addressing the above questions to you personally angelfish106. It's BF's job to answer. Not that I'm waiting for an answer anyway. In fact I believe it's more possible to see this thread getting locked and maybe even vanished. Who knows!

ET correct my wording and/or my spelling as usual. Sorry, English is not my mother language.

Edited on 10/21/2013 at 10:04:07 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 5, 13 5:35 PM
Just an FYI - when you open BF, any special offered today, or for the weekend, automatically blows up to draw your attention. Yes, I am a member and I do get e-mail notification, but I seldom pay attention to the e-mails, I just open the app to see what's happening today and go from there.

Tammytheo, I agree with Melvmc, BF is very good about "making things right." Just send them an e-mail and I'm sure they will fix it for you. Most likely, they will give you a punch credit to use on another game...probably and SE. I have had similar things happen and they have always been very good about taking care of it.

Happy gaming!

Edited to add: The "classified" didn't pop up immediately, the 99 cent special did, but the $9.99 special did pop open when I closed the first notice box. Sounds like a glitch they need to work on. Usually all specials are listed in the same box and not separate. Easy to miss when this happens.

Edited on 10/05/2013 at 5:40:06 PM PST

ogrprincs
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by ogrprincs on Oct 5, 13 7:17 PM
I don't buy a game on the same day it comes out. I wait until the weekend to see if there is a special on. Sorry for your confusion, but I got caught as well. I have learned, to wait for sales, or a weekend.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Oct 5, 13 7:28 PM
Thanks for the advice and for trying to cheer me up Melymc and dancemom1. I'm sorry if I sounded a little melodramatic. It wasn't my intention. I'm just disappointed and annoyed.

I always check the site for any sales or special offers. I didn't know that I have to check the Game Manager as well! I don't know whether this is a glitch or that's the way it's meant to be. It's simply wrong. I hope at least that those who weren't aware of this offer, know about it now and can take advantage of it. And I know that they're going to grand me a coupon or a refund if I ask them but that's not my issue. What I want is an explanation and maybe an apology. That's all.

You're right ogrprincs. One should wait for the weekend to see if there's an offer available but what I'm saying here is that there's no way of knowing about this sale until you open the Game Manager therefore it can be easily missed.

Edited on 10/05/2013 at 7:45:34 PM PST

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Oct 5, 13 11:19 PM
Do talk to Customer Service TammyTheo.
I have had nothing but good experiences from them when I have been unhappy with a game.....or a purchase in some way.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 6, 13 1:58 AM
I'm slightly confused here; there is nothing in my Game Manager about any sales. The only way I know about them is by going to the website or if they are for Game Club members only, by e-mail. However, this may be because I always open the GM before connecting to the internet; this avoids getting those 'games you'll love' notifications, which are just really annoying!

But twins is right, the 'classified' sale isn't just for members; apologies for the mistake.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 6, 13 1:54 PM
Hi everyone,

To clarify, the sale being mentioned is a Big Fish Games app exclusive sale which allows you to pick up any Collector's Edition game for $9.99 using the coupon code provided in the pop up. The sale expires October 6, 2013 at 11:59 pm PST. This is valid for any Collector's Edition game that isn't already discounted, and is available to both Game Club members and non-members alike. This is a different sale than the Buy one get one for $0.99 cents sale. However, if you wanted to use this code on Tomorrow's Game Today, you would need to be a member to purchase that game.

angelfish106 - That may be happening because the advertisement for the sale requires an internet connection. Try restarting the Game Manager after connecting to the internet and it should open up.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Oct 6, 13 7:35 PM
bfgSeine wrote:Hi everyone,

To clarify, the sale being mentioned is a Big Fish Games app exclusive sale which allows you to pick up any Collector's Edition game for $9.99 using the coupon code provided in the pop up. The sale expires October 6, 2013 at 11:59 pm PST. This is valid for any Collector's Edition game that isn't already discounted, and is available to both Game Club members and non-members alike. This is a different sale than the Buy one get one for $0.99 cents sale. However, if you wanted to use this code on Tomorrow's Game Today, you would need to be a member to purchase that game.

angelfish106 - That may be happening because the advertisement for the sale requires an internet connection. Try restarting the Game Manager after connecting to the internet and it should open up.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

Hello bfgSeine,

I really appreciate the clarification but you failed, deliberately(?), to refer to the way this offer is presented. You do know of course that it only pops up in the Game Manager and it can be very easily missed, right? I personally wasn't aware of it and missed it already and probably the same thing has happened to others as well. But even if I'm the only customer who had this issue you should have, at least, shown some interest about it. I'm astounded by your, and thus BF's, nonchalance and not in a good way for sure.

Go to: