Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

Anyone who has finished the game, are the two bonus chapters needed to finish the storyline?

[Post New]by Melymc on Oct 6, 13 12:55 AM
I find myself on the fence with this game. I really liked the story, and the game play was OK. But, like everyone was saying it does not offer what a CE game should offer even for a discounted price. Those of us who are avid players don't usually pay for SE games we have our PCCs. So, my question is sometimes, unfortunately, they completely leave you hanging if you only get the SE version, is this game like this? Do you HAVE to complete the bonus chapters to know what happens to our niece and possibly her mommy? Any help would be great! Oh, and how long did it take you to play? Thanks so much, and have a great weekend!

Edited on 10/06/2013 at 12:58:35 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Anyone who has finished the game, are the two bonus chapters needed to finish the storyline?

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 6, 13 7:25 AM
The bonus is to help the mother after we have helped Emma. Personally I did not think it was a very long game and the bonus took me about 1 hour. I am an average speed player.

Hope this helps. Have fun whatever you decide

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

Re:Anyone who has finished the game, are the two bonus chapters needed to finish the storyline?

[Post New]by Melymc on Oct 6, 13 8:14 PM
Thanks for answering peglegann! I really appreciate your input. It's nice to have someone answer your questions and help you out . If you happen to see this again before the deadline on the sale will you let me know how long it took you to play the main game? If not thanks again and have a great week!

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Oct 6, 13 9:11 PM
Hi Melymc,

I finished the main game a few hours ago. I haven't played the bonus chapters yet, this game has two of them, so the following concerns the main game only. I played in casual mode, took my time with some hidden object scenes and I skipped a few puzzles. It finally took me approximately 3 and a 1/2 hours to finish. It's not very long really but it is a nice and interesting game. You might want to get it while the sale is on. It's your call!

I hope you'll have a great week.

ETA: A small update and addendum to what peglegann and I already wrote. Played the bonus finally. It took me an hour and something. I have to say I didn't quite understand why the bonus gameplay is separated in 2 bonus chapters in the SG. It could have been 1 as well. It is 1 actually. Anyway, the bonus is not necessary for closure I believe but it does take the story one step further. Experienced players may find this game not so challenging but it is good and I think it deserves a chance while the sale is on.

Take care all.

Edited on 10/21/2013 at 9:56:47 PM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 6, 13 9:43 PM
You are very welcome Melymic

tammytheo has basically said what I would have said. I have definitely played longer games that are supposedly CE. (I call them DP's. = Double price. LOL!)
I played on the hardest mode and did not skip anything at all. I am guessing it took me about 4 to 5 hours, including the bonus.
You have a great week too

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Melymc on Oct 6, 13 10:33 PM
Thank you very much Tammytheo! I'm sorry you didn't get the response you wanted from them about the sale! Thanks for responding back Peglegann's! Now that I have an idea of how long the main game is, I'll probably get it now. It's long enough, and to me the story was interesting enough. I want to find out what happens to her mother in the bonus chapters. I just WISH they would come out with kick **** SE games too, instead of the ho hum ones that you don't really play. I totally agree with you about the DP's. THAT's why there are no good just SE games. Why would they do that when they can charge you more, Lol! Thanks again for your help ladies (I assume and hope I'm right if not I'm so sorry! )! Have a good week!

Go to: