emi1y
Clownfish
Clownfish
519 Posts

Why is this game such a ripoff?

[Post New]by emi1y on Oct 6, 13 11:35 PM
I don't understand why this "free to play" game is such a ripoff?

The way BFG altered this game from its original version makes it nearly impossible to advance without spending real money. This version offers absolutely no "assistance" in getting gold or gems, they just want you to spend, spend, spend I guess?? I have no problem dropping a couple bucks here and there to move ahead in the game rather than be patient and wait, and have happily made some small purchases on both BFG and the android/app version. If BFG's version was anything like the original, I would be spending some coin right now.

The app version lets you get at least 25,000 gold a day by watching some little commercials, and you can get tons of gems by participating in some really simple offers, like downloading/playing an app (small amount of gems) to making purchases (huge amount of gems).

Also, there's some great goals that aren't on the BFG version that give you a huge prize of gold if you complete it. BFG even took that away!!! Talk about greed. They made it so you pretty much have to spend money to advance in the game.

Right now I'm at a point in the game where I can't do anything until I spend 20 gems to upgrade the castle, which will take me 20 days (getting 1 gem a day from the mine.) I downloaded the app version a few days after I started playing the BFG version and have long since upgraded the castle. Even the scratch cards are a ripoff. I have gotten some great prizes from the scratch card game in the phone app, and the BFG version always seems to give 100 food. Bad luck maybe, but I think its just plain greed.

I'm really disappointed and to be honest disgusted with the greed. Shame on you, BFG. I used to think BFG meant quality, now I think it means CHEAP and GREEDY.


 
Aiwevanya
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

Re:Why is this game such a ripoff?

[Post New]by Aiwevanya on Oct 7, 13 7:13 AM
So, the app version gives you 25,000 coins / day for watching ads? Lets do some quick sums here. The lowest price coin package you can buy is 500,000 coins, this would cost me 52p (I'm British), but lets call it 50p because round numbers make sums easier, this works out as 10,000 coins per penny. Or in other words those 'free' coins you're so worked up about not getting are the equivalent of just two and a half pence per day (free in inverted commas because your time watching ads is worth money to the advertiser).

Without knowing how many gems a 'small' or 'huge' amount is or the price of the apps I can't do a similar cost analysis for them, but I imagine the numbers work out somewhat similar. Do you feel calmer now?

 
F_O_A
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

Re:Why is this game such a ripoff?

[Post New]by F_O_A on Oct 7, 13 8:12 AM
We don't have those deals on because it's ad free, meaning all those little videos you watch and such on the app are paid ads. You want that on your computer - they are full of malware an BS add-ons that slow your computer down. Not worth it to me. I find the constant advertising on apps annoying - to me 's version is more enjoyable.

Also, you can earn a diamond a day by playing the memory game. Each time you beat your record your get at least one diamond. Start with a record of one and beat it each day. It's not hard to record the order of the monsters in the memory game

Oh and when you're driving take it easy on the horn!

 
lynnstivers
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:Why is this game such a ripoff?

[Post New]by lynnstivers on Oct 7, 13 2:21 PM
I totally agree with F_O_A - I much prefer our ad free version!

Thank you Big Fish!

 

Re:Why is this game such a ripoff?

[Post New]by FlamingJune1967 on Oct 9, 13 1:41 PM
plus: The BFG version had a cheaper unity tree (250,000 vs 1,000,000) AND as a game club member, all coins/gems/food are 30% off. I'm at level 22 and basically make 25,000 coins in about 3-4 minutes with the monsters that I have - plus 4 gems a day with mines on 4 islands.
I have the android version and- while I miss the ethereals and specialty monsters, I still prefer the BFG version.
No ads make me a happy girl!!

 

Re:Why is this game such a ripoff?

[Post New]by katrinaceleste on Oct 10, 13 5:04 PM
I would like ot see a balance. I do not want all the ads, however the astronomical prices to upgrade a castle or buying the ornaments is too much. I agree with paying a little now and then to skip some waiting, but to have to pay 6 or more million for upgrades or ornaments is a bit hefty.

While I am upgrading my monsters to level 15 for gold island I have to keep feeding them more and more. I think it would be nice to have it a bit more reasonable. I have actually paid about $40 or more just so I could get past a bit of it. I am not oging to keep doing that. It is akin to a gambling addiction.

Honestly, I think the scratch tickets should be a bit more generous, especially since you are expected to pay so many coins and or diamonds for things.

I paid to get my first 2 monsters up to level 15 and to upgrade a castle. I bought some extra diamonds and coins, hoping to get a good push start. It helped, but then to see the other island at 7,500,000 and a castle that I can only put 4 monsters on without paying another 7,500,000 whoaaaa. I think the rewards should match the cost to some degree. I paid 6,000,000 to get 4 monsters? Bummer!!!

I do not mind paying now and then, but it will take weeks to accomplish these things with little to do in the meantime. I will not be able to do much more decorating or adding monsters, all I can do is come on and keep collecting and feeding collecting and feeding. I like to do the decorating and hatching new babies but cannot afford to at this time.

 
Zoppy
Herring
Herring
396 Posts

Re:Why is this game such a ripoff?

[Post New]by Zoppy on Oct 10, 13 10:18 PM
katrinaceleste wrote:
I paid to get my first 2 monsters up to level 15 and to upgrade a castle. I bought some extra diamonds and coins, hoping to get a good push start.


A minor point in response to your otherwise great post:

I found it was easier to level all of my creatures up together rather than one at a time. By that I mean all monsters to level 5 then 6 then 7 etc. The reason this worked out better is because even though you need more money for more food you are making a lot more money overall. It just seemed easier to me.

 

Re:Why is this game such a ripoff?

[Post New]by katrinaceleste on Oct 11, 13 5:30 AM
Zoppy wrote:
katrinaceleste wrote:
I paid to get my first 2 monsters up to level 15 and to upgrade a castle. I bought some extra diamonds and coins, hoping to get a good push start.


I should clarify, because I realize that statement was a bit misleading. I have lvl'd all my monsters up together. They are, mostly, at around 9-12. But the first two that I lvl'd up to 15 I paid for along with upgrading castles etc. Now I cannot afford to lvl up all monsters at once, because they are at such a high feeding cost. I am now lvl'ing up 1 at a time, The Deedge is costing over 122,000 food units per feeding. I am give leftovers to others as I can. I check in often to keep getting coins so I can keep adding food.

 
emi1y
Clownfish
Clownfish
519 Posts

Re:Why is this game such a ripoff?

[Post New]by emi1y on Oct 12, 13 12:47 PM
lol.

First of all, the app version of the game (which I play on my computer so I can get a nice big screen) is ad free. I don't have to see any ads if I don't choose to. If I *do* choose to watch an ad, its literally just a video that plays, its not installing any "malware". In 30 seconds I get 20,000g which just this morning helped nicely to top off my 48k so i could bake some pie. I'm levelling up my 3rd monster to level 15, to get him to gold island so I can get another million gold. Just a neat little quest you can't get on the BFG version because they're so greedy. Very helpful to not have to wait. The free coins come in handy all the time.

The free diamonds are also great. For 50 cents I got 370 diamonds yesterday, which helped me to hatch a bunch of monsters to fulfill goals. I also used them to try breeding the pumpkin monster Punkleton, which sadly does not exist in the BFG version.

BFG's version is lame because they're so greedy. But if you enjoy paying to play for this skeleton version of a great game, that's fine, I'm just saying there's something MUCH better out there for free.

 
Aiwevanya
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

Re:Why is this game such a ripoff?

[Post New]by Aiwevanya on Oct 12, 13 3:03 PM
emi1y wrote: I'm levelling up my 3rd monster to level 15, to get him to gold island so I can get another million gold. Just a neat little quest you can't get on the BFG version because they're so greedy.


Sorry but you're wrong, the coin rewards for putting monsters on the gold island very definitely part of the BFG version.

 
F_O_A
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

Re:Why is this game such a ripoff?

[Post New]by F_O_A on Oct 12, 13 4:32 PM
emi1y wrote:lol.

First of all, the app version of the game (which I play on my computer so I can get a nice big screen) is ad free.


I'd really like to know what version of this game you're are playing on which type of computer...

I'd like to get it too

Edited on 10/12/2013 at 4:41:25 PM PST


 
lynnstivers
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:Why is this game such a ripoff?

[Post New]by lynnstivers on Oct 13, 13 1:31 AM
emi1y - how are you playing the app version on your computer?

I didn't know you could do that - please explain.

 
bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Why is this game such a ripoff?

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 13, 13 12:32 PM
Hi everyone,

Just to clarify, the mobile version and PC version of this game are two differently designed games, and are not cross-compatible. The PC version can only be played on the PC, and the mobile version can only be played on mobile devices.

I hope that helps, and happy gaming!

bfgSeine

 
 
 
 
Go to: