how can it be that if i want to restore 10 energy i pay 800
and the parmigiana costs 40,000 and gives only 30 energy

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:parmigiana costs too much for the energy it gives

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 5, 13 11:45 PM
I think that one of the programmers at the devs was a little too enthusiastic and added one more zero to the number than he or she should have.

Now the price is "only" 4000 gold coins, which is still expensive but at least doable.

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Dec 29, 13 4:58 AM
Still, for 4000 coins you're better off buying 5 clam chowders, giving you 5*10 energy points, rather than 1 eggplant parmigiana, giving you only 30.
Same with the angel hair pesto: 8000 coins, giving you only 60 energy points, compared to 10*10 = 100 energy points for 10 clam chowders.

And for beginning players who are still in the lower levels:
The 35000 coins for the pizza would buy you 43 clam chowders, equalling 430 energy points. So it's only worth it to buy pizzas when your maximum energy exceeds 430.

Additionally: there are awards for buying food items a certain number of times; you will reach these numbers sooner buying clam chowders.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Dec 29, 13 8:11 AM
I agree. The clam chowders are terrific value for money. OK, it is a bit of a repeated effort to eat them one at a time, but it doesn't actually take so long - and is very useful when you just need a small amount of energy to top you up to go to another city to do one puzzle. I buy them 30 at a time.
First I build my coins up to a high amount by putting in the cheap dragonfly keepsake to get increased coins back and then spend 30 minutes playing the mini-games that give the highest cash rewards (Vincent's, Bennet's and the fisheries are good - and all very quick to play so you can get a lot done in half an hour!).
I then have plenty to buy the clam chowders.
However, when you progress a bit further then the best value is certainly the macaroni and cheese for 72000, which not only restores full energy but increases the total at the same time - brilliant!

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Dec 30, 13 4:06 AM
True.
Looking back I probably should have used the macaroni and cheese more often.
My max energy would have been higher now.

Problem is that the macaroni and cheese is a real long-term investment. It only increases the maximum by 30 points, but costs twice as much as a pizza. To achieve short term progress, you're inclined to buy 2 pizzas for that amount of coins.

An example: if your max energy is 1000, 2 pizzas will give you 2000 energy points. To equal that with a macaroni and cheese, you have to max out your energy another 32 times (with pizza, lasagna, m&c or level up) after using the macaroni and cheese.

From then on, your investment starts to pay off. If you intend to play for a long time, the macaroni and cheese is definitely the better option, especially so when your max energy is still low.

osomom
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by osomom on Dec 30, 13 7:41 AM
Early on i bought alot of clam chowders to complete HOs in the cities. Check the achievement awards available, and got gold bars. Used those for keepsake item to give extra experience so i could level up, then started buying mac&cheese. The fastest way to get coins is in the tailors shop. Max out the 1st- 1 thread mini game. It can be completed very quickly. Then use keepsake item to increase coins and play that 1 mini game for 30 mins. I can complete 40-50 mini games in 30 mins, using only 40-50 threads (which come in plenty in the hunting lodge). and earn 120,000-150,00 (using dragonfly. more if i use more expensive keepsake) Most important early in game is completing achievements to get rewards and leveling up. Hope this helps someone...

cissyr1768
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by cissyr1768 on Dec 30, 13 7:47 AM
osomom wrote:Early on i bought alot of clam chowders to complete HOs in the cities. Check the achievement awards available, and got gold bars. Used those for keepsake item to give extra experience so i could level up, then started buying mac&cheese. The fastest way to get coins is in the tailors shop. Max out the 1st- 1 thread mini game. It can be completed very quickly. Then use keepsake item to increase coins and play that 1 mini game for 30 mins. I can complete 40-50 mini games in 30 mins, using only 40-50 threads (which come in plenty in the hunting lodge). and earn 120,000-150,00 (using dragonfly. more if i use more expensive keepsake) Most important early in game is completing achievements to get rewards and leveling up. Hope this helps someone...

I have found myself doing this a lot lately. That way I have plenty of gold coins. To me its the best way to get plenty of coins and the lodge gives us tons of spools.

Go to: