annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

What is your LEAST liked monster, and why?

[Post New]by annatar on Oct 7, 13 2:04 PM
Personally, I don't care that much for the Shrubb. I dislike the sounds he makes, and he isn't particularly cute.

Do others have a least liked monster too?

Aiwevanya
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

Re:What is your LEAST liked monster, and why?

[Post New]by Aiwevanya on Oct 7, 13 3:50 PM
It depends a bit, I didn't like the Mammott while I only had the plant island, it sticks out like a sore thumb, doesn't seem to belong with the other monsters at all (I eventually stuck it next to the ovens on its own and decided it was the baker) and it's kind of annoying in sound as well. But then I got the cold island and it fits in much better there, sounds better as well, even though it's song is not very different.

pianogrinder
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by pianogrinder on Oct 7, 13 5:24 PM
My least liked monster would be the potbelly. I never liked the look of carnivorous plants and this one has the most annoying voice on any island I have and I have 4 islands.

F_O_A
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by F_O_A on Oct 7, 13 7:24 PM
I have a feeling many will disagree, but I'm not super fond of the Tweedle. I don't like their sound on Cold Island or Air Island. They're OK on Water Island and I'm not sure about Fire Island, I'm not there yet...

I like that they remain in the air all the time and they are a great color, but the noise just makes me edgy

Oh and pompom girl - I forgot about her just because I refuse to even breed her. Just way to peppy and cheer leady for me 'like, ugh'

Edited on 10/07/2013 at 7:27:52 PM PST

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Oct 8, 13 6:07 AM
I dislike the Mammot and only keep him around to breed better monsters. (Once the plant island is populated to my liking, he will go!) I think it's because of the way he seems to "bounce" and flap his arms when he starts singing; reminds me of a very low-budget cartoon for some reason.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 8, 13 3:41 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the Noggin, but it's for a bit of an odd reason. His giant humany hands and feet kind of scare me!

bfgDeveron

TigerNDV
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by TigerNDV on Oct 9, 13 9:23 AM
I Hate the Shrub (he sounds like my little brother making horrific sounds)
I also don't like the way every "plant" island sounds the same. (first the shrub then the stupid potbelly).

My two worst monsters are from the plant island:

Potbelly
Shrub.

My two worst monsters are from the cold island:

Danidoo.
Tweedle.

kayette
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
474 Posts

[Post New]by kayette on Oct 9, 13 3:07 PM
I love the potbelly, since my first one actually started with the name Audrey! ("Little Shop of Horrors' fan here.) I didn't like the Shrub at first but it's kind of growing on me now.
My least favorite is the Pummel, it's sorta creepy with the feet curling and pounding. The sound it makes is good though so I kept mine.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 9, 13 3:54 PM
Hmmm, tough question! I happen to like them all, but if I had to pick one, I'd say it would be the Mammott. It just doesn't strike me as all that interesting, and the smile sort of creeps me out.

bfgSeine

cmjones99
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by cmjones99 on Oct 11, 13 5:18 AM
The pink pom pom thing! has to be the worst. She will never be allowed to wake up.
I have the entbrat silent on plant island, horrible sounds. I have the spunge and the furcorn silent on ice. Haven't permanently silenced anyone in the desert yet, still working on getting all 15. The 4 mil upgrade is hard to come by.

try3cats
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
430 Posts

[Post New]by try3cats on Oct 15, 13 3:34 AM
I have to defend the mammott, he's cute and his friend is the Entbrat who is tone deaf and can't carry a tune (like me, he a favorite). Mammott just smiles as the Entbrat sings, maybe he does not have ears?
Mammott is a happy monster, he smiles a lot. He looks like the abominable snowman my 15th lv is named Abbey and I named one after my dead father "Vern".
I not like the twiddle, that singing blue bird bothers me.
POM POMS the cheerleaders just need to be put aside and let them sleep for the rest of the game.

lynnstivers
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by lynnstivers on Oct 15, 13 9:34 AM
It's interesting how everyone has such different opinions about the monsters. It's a good thing there's several to choose from.

I really like most of the monsters a lot but there are a couple that just don't seem to fit (in my opinion) so I don't like them much.

The Shrub is way too twitchy, it's like he forgot his medication or something. I kinda like the percussion sounds he makes at first - but then he starts making what sounds like farting noises and that just sounds terrible and not musical at all. And he looks weird too - like a bad cartoon. He just doesn't go with the other monsters at all (in my opinion).

The Pompom is ok but cheerleaders belong at ball games so she seems really out of place in the middle of the other monsters singing and playing music. Cheerleading is not singing so she comes across as mostly annoying (again, my opinion).

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Oct 15, 13 9:56 AM
lynnstivers wrote:

The Shrub is way too twitchy, it's like he forgot his medication or something. I kinda like the percussion sounds he makes at first - but then he starts making what sounds like farting noises and that just sounds terrible and not musical at all. And he looks weird too - like a bad cartoon. He just doesn't go with the other monsters at all (in my opinion).

lol! Loved your description of Shrubb. I found myself nodding in agreement as to why he doesn't grab me like some of the others because you nailed it! He does look a little odd but he does belong on plant island because of what he is. And I'm not thrilled with pompom either. Like you said, cheering isn't singing but scups doesn't sing either but I like him more. I have my 2 pompoms on the two stands in front of the breeding/hatching chambers. I don't like their sound but like seeing them jump so it seems to be the right locations for them. Wish we had a volume adjuster so that I can turn them down low. Same for entbrat, hate his sound so I have him muted but would like to see him dance if I could lower his volume a bit.

lynnstivers
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by lynnstivers on Oct 15, 13 11:10 AM
FishyFemale - I agree - a volume adjuster would be great! The app version has a volume adjuster so I'm hoping we get one too.

I like the Maw on Plant Island except that he's too loud and makes it hard to hear the other monsters - and some of the monsters aren't loud enough. A volume adjuster would be perfect!

The Entbrat is my daughters favorite. He reminds her of the huge muppets on The Muppet Show so we called him Sweetums. He doesn't look like Sweetums but he has a huge mouth and a deep gravelly voice.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Oct 15, 13 5:17 PM
I don't have any real dislikes of any of the monsters. They kind of grow on you.
If a moster does not have a sound you like then reduce their numbers and or spread them out. If you like a sound group those monsters and in addition to increase just their volume centralise on them and zoom in a little.

lynnstivers
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by lynnstivers on Oct 15, 13 9:11 PM
unclepaul - I've done that and it sort of works but I'd like to be able to arrange my monsters according to how they look rather than to adjust the sound.

Since the app version has a volume slider for that now hopefully we'll get one too and then we can have our monsters anywhere on the island and in any number we want and they won't be too loud or too soft.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Oct 16, 13 7:46 AM
Thats where we differ. I am thinking about eventually puting the best together into a band like formation . The percussion goes together at the back and the singers at the front along with the dancing girls.
Other instruments grouped together just ike in an orchestra .

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Oct 16, 13 9:50 AM
unclepaul wrote:Thats where we differ. I am thinking about eventually puting the best together into a band like formation . The percussion goes together at the back and the singers at the front along with the dancing girls.

I'll work on getting the orchestral sound good on the gold island only. On all the others, I'm looking at appearance only and have them scattered among the decorations. I like your suggestion about how to group them, however, and will concentrate on that when I get more monsters on gold island.

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Oct 16, 13 10:47 AM
unclepaul wrote:Thats where we differ. I am thinking about eventually puting the best together into a band like formation . The percussion goes together at the back and the singers at the front along with the dancing girls.

LOL - I did that on Ice Island because I like the 40-bed concept of one of each monster and three of the 4-element one - in this case, the Riff - and having three Riffs reminded me of Radiohead so I put them in a band-like pattern.

I dislike Cybops. I don't know why. They seem superfluous to the sound, I guess.

Edited on 10/16/2013 at 10:48:22 AM PST

taramisu1
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by taramisu1 on Oct 29, 13 5:35 AM
Shrub, because he's creepy.
PomPom, because she's irritating. I have one and named her Buffy.

Go to: