World Mosaics 7

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

World Mosaics 7

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 8, 13 12:29 AM
A shadow criminal has stolen the Sand within the Hourglass of Time from the Agency of Atlantis! Solve pictographic puzzles as you travel the globe in search of a rogue agent. Repair the fabric of time as you travel to the Galapagos Islands, Indonesia, the Amazon, and many more exciting locales. It's up to you to solve the puzzles and stop the rogue agent in World Mosaics 7!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:World Mosaics 7

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 8, 13 2:10 AM
Hi there,
Well, as usual for those of us who are experienced with these logic grids, the worst part of these games is the impatience to get through the early rounds in anticipation of bigger and more challenging grids - but at least the devs have ditched the 5X5 ones at the start and moved straight into 10X10 grids on this occasion.
The story really doesn't matter - just an excuse to play.
Enjoy... Cheers
Thanks for the heads-up vegaskitkat, so demo to make sure the game works OK, but don't go too far if you intend to purchase the game.

Edited on 10/08/2013 at 11:05:53 PM PST

[Post New]by vegaskitkat on Oct 8, 13 2:12 AM

i love these games but I have a complaint. I played the hour demo then used my credit to purchase the game. After the activation, I started the game again expecting to start where I left off like I do on other games. To my surprise, it started over!! What a disappointment as I was up to where the 15 x 15 level started.

quynne77
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by quynne77 on Oct 8, 13 3:31 AM
I usually love these games but not only for the gameplay as I like to see the result. In this case, I am not inspired to even download with the look of this one (don't have much time lately as it is) - seems quite boring both in layout and with very drab colours! I'll wait for more reviews otherwise I'll wait for the next one.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Oct 8, 13 6:36 AM
The only complaint I have with this game is the miserable push pins. They're so hard to see. If the dev. can fix that, I'll buy the game without a second thought but it's so frustrating when you can't see what you're doing.

TigerJo714
Stingray
Stingray
5,122 Posts

[Post New]by TigerJo714 on Oct 8, 13 7:50 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there,
Well, as usual for those of us who are experienced with these logic grids, the worst part of these games is having the patience to get through the early rounds in anticipation of bigger and more challenging grids - but at least the devs have ditched the 5X5 ones at the start and moved straight into 10X10 grids on this occasion.
The story really doesn't matter - just an excuse to play.
Enjoy... Cheers
Thanks for the heads-up vegaskitkat, so demo to make sure the game works OK, but don't go too far if you intend to purchase the game.

Nice to see you Ozzie. I couldn't agree more. I like that we get to start with 10 grids; I just hope it doesn't mean we're getting more of them before we get to move on to the more challenging puzzles. Just last night I was re-playing WM6 and realized how badly this series needed a new installment.

I played 2 games and bought immediately!!! Love this series!!

Timbuctu
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Timbuctu on Oct 8, 13 7:56 AM
Upon attempting to start this game, I keep getting an error message requesting that I set my monitor to be at least 1024x768. I set it way beyond those numbers, but the game won't play.

TigerJo714
Stingray
Stingray
5,122 Posts

[Post New]by TigerJo714 on Oct 8, 13 8:13 AM
Sorry to hear that Timbuctu. Did you try setting it for exactly that resolution? Also, you might want to go to Options in the game and either Check or Uncheck the Wide Screen Option.

If that still doesn't work, I suggest you post your message in the Tech Thread and/or send a message to Tech Support.- it's the little Green Envelope to your right Good luck.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Oct 8, 13 8:17 AM
Won't be buying for the same reason I didn't buy Number 6,
too much eyestrain trying to see those blue pushpins.
If it's this much of a problem on the 10 x 10 grids, can't
imagine what it will be like on the larger ones.
Apparently the developer didn't pay any attention to
this complaint last time.

Timbuctu
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Timbuctu on Oct 8, 13 8:21 AM
TigerJo714 wrote:Sorry to hear that Timbuctu. Did you try setting it for exactly that resolution? Also, you might want to go to Options in the game and either Check or Uncheck the Wide Screen Option.

If that still doesn't work, I suggest you post your message in the Tech Thread and/or send a message to Tech Support.- it's the little Green Envelope to your right Good luck.

Couldn't try the first suggestion since I can't enter the game whatsoever, but did sort out another way around, thanks!

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Oct 8, 13 10:21 AM
Yeh! Yeh! Great day. Absolutely love these games. I play these games all the time at another site which offer a more challenging version of the pictograms offered here. These games are variations of Japanese logic problems and require math skills. If you do not like math, you probably won't like these either. These are related to the Japanese logic puzzles such as Sudoku, Kakuro, Hitori, and Pic-a-pix. I love to play them when I am trying to analyze and resolve a problem. The just seem to be relaxing and help with thought processes and creativity.

jocarl17
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

OK, but...

[Post New]by jocarl17 on Oct 8, 13 10:37 AM
These games are great, but the best of them on BF is "Arizona Rose and the Pirates' Riddles". Would love to see a sequel to that one, please.

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Oct 8, 13 2:56 PM
is it just me> are the games getting worse the last couple of weeks>
not going to pay for such a small game

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 8, 13 11:09 PM
ciscaR8 wrote:is it just me> are the games getting worse the last couple of weeks>
not going to pay for such a small game

Hi there ciscaR8,
Don't let the size of the file etc for these games determine your assessment - play them. They are not HOPA etc and have many many hours of game play and great replay value.

Cheers

PS. They really don't require great maths skills - spacial patterning is much more suited - so welcome musicians and all other artistes.

Edited on 10/08/2013 at 11:13:20 PM PST

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Oct 9, 13 5:38 AM
I didn't like it because due to the background image under the grid, I couldn't tell half the time if my square was empty or not. I made several mistakes due to that.

It needs an option to turn off graphic backgrounds and give us a solid background. Then those of us who can't see the pushpins and those of us who can't tell if a square is empty or not, can see what we are doing!!

no buy.

Reniemary
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Reniemary on Oct 9, 13 6:00 AM
It's going to be a great weekend. My favourite... waited far too long.

OK, but...

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Oct 9, 13 9:26 AM
jocarl17 wrote:These games are great, but the best of them on BF is "Arizona Rose and the Pirates' Riddles". Would love to see a sequel to that one, please.

I'm glad you mentioned this one because I missed it somehow. I used my Oct credit on it and it's great. I'm really enjoying it.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 10, 13 6:19 PM
krissywillow wrote:I didn't like it because due to the background image under the grid, I couldn't tell half the time if my square was empty or not. I made several mistakes due to that.

It needs an option to turn off graphic backgrounds and give us a solid background. Then those of us who can't see the pushpins and those of us who can't tell if a square is empty or not, can see what we are doing!!

no buy.

That is the reason I didn't get this nor the last game. Both have the see-through backgrounds on the board, and everything is just blue: background and pins. Don't care for that at all.

Complaint about it when the last game came out, but the dev obviously is not checking on complaints.

[Post New]by jandg2007 on Nov 2, 13 8:35 PM

This is my first experience with World Mosaics and this type of game. I am really enjoying it. I have looked online and through the comments. I wanted to know how you "earn" the opening of the bonus levels . The first two opened at some point during my "first trip" through but I never saw or noticed how/why. Thanks for any feedback.

HotTuna
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by HotTuna on Nov 3, 13 7:25 PM
I still love these games. The story is really bad, but who cares? The blue push pins are a slight problem, but not enough to ruin the game for me.

The bonus games open up after 'x' number of levels, there's no particular achievement that I'm aware of to open them.

Go to: