bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Post any World Mosaics 7 Technical Issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 8, 13 9:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Failed to initialize

[Post New]by wearywaterwolf on Oct 8, 13 11:16 AM
Tried to play the game, but I keep getting the message:

Failed to initalize Direct3D: RESULT_DIRECTX_CREATE_FAIL

Any suggestions?

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Post any World Mosaics 7 Technical Issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 8, 13 11:33 AM
Hi wearywaterwolf,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. It might help to try updating DirectX, which the game relies on to play. You can find information on doing that and updating other game related programs here on our help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those tips aren't helping, our Tech Support Team will be happy to take a closer look at that for you.

Hopefully that helps,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by bigbarbie11 on Oct 9, 13 4:08 AM
Won't run. Message: Please set desktop resolution to at least 1024x768

It is and it still won't run.

[Post New]by bigbarbie11 on Oct 9, 13 5:21 AM
Won't run. Message: Please set desktop resolution to at least 1024x768

[Post New]by lewislady14 on Oct 9, 13 11:35 AM
bigbarbie11 wrote:Won't run. Message: Please set desktop resolution to at least 1024x768

I'm having the same issue! I've increased my resolution and decreased it and it still says the same thing.

Jaguar2357
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Jaguar2357 on Oct 9, 13 11:37 AM
My only computer is a pc laptop that uses a touchpad, not a mouse. Their instructions for canceling a mistaken mark is to press both buttons on the mouse. I have tried that on the 2 buttons below my touchpad, and it does not function. I tried variations, including the right-button-plus-click-on-pad and both buttons held while clicking on pad. Nothing works.

Is it just the touchpad, or are mouse users also experiencing this problem?

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 9, 13 1:27 PM
Hi bigbarbie11 and lewislady14,

If you've tried adjusting your screen resolution already, it might help to quickly uninstall and reinstall the game using our help article here:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

Jaguar2357 - That's an odd error. I'm not positive what's causing that, but it may be due to the touchpad not functioning exactly like a mouse. Our Tech Support Team may be able to lend a hand and offer some solutions though.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

florianna98
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by florianna98 on Oct 10, 13 1:32 PM
My mouse becomes very non responsive in this game. I have to actually pick up the mouse and move it close to where I want to be, then try several times to get it to move. I've tried it with both system cursor and game cursor.

As soon as I get out of the game, my mouse acts normal. I have played most of the World Mosaics games and have not had this problem.

Edited on 10/10/2013 at 1:33:39 PM PST

[Post New]by Tregeagle on Oct 10, 13 3:14 PM
Running on a laptop in Windows 8(alas!). Keeps flicking out of the game to the desktop, although the game is still running. Although I loathe Windows 8 with a vengeance, this doesn;t happen with any other game, so probably isn't their problem. Any ideas?

Edited on 10/10/2013 at 3:15:44 PM PST

[Post New]by Allegro on Oct 11, 13 7:46 AM
I have followed the instructions to uninstall/reinstall offered above as well as changing the screen resolution. Nothing has worked. I am still getting the error message instructing me to change the screen resolution to 1024x768. Very frustrating.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 11, 13 12:41 PM
Hello All,

florianna98 and Tregeagle, I'd recommend checking for updates on your computers to make sure everything is communicating well. For assistance with that, just click HERE. If this doesn't help, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team

Allegro, since you've tried the options offered here, the next step would be getting in touch with our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can offer more specialized suggestions.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on Oct 12, 13 9:33 AM
I get the resolution error too. I've played and liked all the World Mosaics games. Now this one stinks. Glad I didn't just buy it.

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Oct 28, 13 12:45 AM
florianna98 wrote:My mouse becomes very non responsive in this game. I have to actually pick up the mouse and move it close to where I want to be, then try several times to get it to move. I've tried it with both system cursor and game cursor.

As soon as I get out of the game, my mouse acts normal. I have played most of the World Mosaics games and have not had this problem.

Having exact same problem, which I find odd because the game played fine during the demo until I purchased it.

[Post New]by radagastslady on Feb 28, 14 7:33 AM
I too am having extremely slow cursor problems. My cursor is fine on everything else. The cursor reacts the same way with my laptop also, so it is the game not my computers.

krole91
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by krole91 on Apr 11, 14 12:46 PM
Hi-- tried running on a Mac, and although it installed, the game doesn't run. It starts to open, then freezes. Tried deleting and reinstalling, no luck. Anyone else?

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Apr 15, 14 5:30 PM

My cursor is fine – everything is fine – except this game keeps crashing.

I've never had a game crash, that I can think of. I am getting through this game and am well into the bonus puzzles, but this game crashes several times during a game play sitting (usually about four hours).

Edited on 04/15/2014 at 5:30:12 PM PST

[Post New]by nanalinnell on Apr 16, 14 8:53 PM
I'm having the same issues some of you are having. Every once in awhile (about 75% of the time), this game crashes and won't let me shut down the game manager so I end up having to shut down the computer with the on/off switch. Also, I can't tell you how many times I have clicked the correct part of the mouse only to have it put the wrong mark in the square, i.e. puts an "x" where it should have a check mark. I pushed the correct part of the mouse. I can get 3/4 into the game or later when it does this and/or then crashes. Is there anything I can do to fix this error? It's very annoying.

Jan_S
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Screen resolution error

[Post New]by Jan_S on May 22, 14 11:38 AM
Error Message: Message: Please set desktop resolution to at least 1024x768.

I have been trying to get an answer to this problem for over a month. I have made sure the resolution is set correctly and uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times. I have also contacted tech support and have not gotten an answer to this problem. I am using Windows 8 on a PC. Does anyone have any suggestions?

World Mosaics 7 "forgets" Player Info

[Post New]by rmlarrabee on May 31, 14 11:25 AM
I've been playing this on my Mac (running Mac OS X 10.6.8) and now, for the second time, the game has forgotten the player info.

Normally, when I restart the game, it remembers who I am, and picks up where I left off. But now, for the second time, it's making me start over from the beginning as if I was a new user. Even when I put in the same name I was using, it doesn't have a clue who I am or that I was playing before.

I have played all the previous World Mosaics and this never happened before. Any idea what's happening here?

Go to: