bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Reviews for World Mosaics 7

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 8, 13 9:36 AM
What do you think of World Mosaics 7? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the World Mosaics 7 page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgSeine

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Reviews for World Mosaics 7

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 8, 13 9:36 AM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

(For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.)

Thank you!

bfgSeine

Timbuctu
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Timbuctu on Oct 9, 13 7:58 AM
In one word, disappointing.

Throughout the World Mosaic series I have been thrilled to see that every level can be completed using logic rather than hints, and that if you work diligently each puzzle can be solved without even one random guess. That changed with World Mosaics 6, but only on one or two puzzles where I felt it was possible that I put myself into a corner that I might have been able to think myself out of if I had approached certain puzzles in other ways.

This game, however, has forced me to use hint buttons multiple times already and I am only in the fifth chapter. These instances most often have occurred when a 15x15 or 20x20 puzzle is winnowed down to something like 8x6 or in the most recent case 20x7. After doing a couple of obvious moves, there is just no getting around either guessing or using a hint to progress further.

Add to that the fact that the people at Fugazo no longer care to make the background contrast against the blue pushpins and that as a result you're guaranteed regular mistakes, and you basically have a series that is rapidly running out of gas.

I haven't bought any other series' titles without seeing the demo first, and thought I could always rely on these being top notch games. Next time, I'm doing the demo, and if naught has changed, I might just browse elsewhere from then on.

[Post New]by Lady_Bugg on Oct 14, 13 2:30 PM
I've always loved the World Mosaic games, but agree with Timbuctu when he says "Add to that the fact that the people at Fugazo no longer care to make the background contrast against the blue pushpins and that as a result you're guaranteed regular mistakes, and you basically have a series that is rapidly running out of gas." Add the fact that I have the beginnings of cataracts and multiple mistakes are guaranteed - very frustrating.

Edited on 10/14/2013 at 2:31:11 PM PST

[Post New]by rcoast911 on Oct 16, 13 6:27 AM
I agree with the others that the backround makes the game almost impossible to play - I am surprised that they found this acceptable. However, I am in so much love with their choice of music, that I will continue to play. How can I get some of the music to download to my ipod? Love, love the music

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Oct 17, 13 5:05 AM
I've bought and finished the game, and agree with the comments about the background. This is the worst in the bonusgame 'moments'. What I also found a great disappointment was the fact that the puzzles don't go higher than 20 x 20. If there will be a Mosaics 8 this will definitely be an issue not to buy it.

Edited on 10/17/2013 at 5:06:00 AM PST

[Post New]by IHave3Brdz on Oct 18, 13 10:04 AM
Ditto all of the above. I was so excited to see another installment of the World Mosaics series. But honestly, the puzzles are uninspired. It's almost like the CEO approached the devs and told them to whip up something fast just to put out there. I didn't feel the creativity that I felt in the previous offerings. REALLY hoping the devs read these comments and try a little harder on #8!

Miranda53
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Miranda53 on Oct 20, 13 10:51 AM
I really loved the World Mosaics series, but I have to say I have some gripes with #7!
First, and I see many others have already mentioned this, why are the push pins practically the same color as the background? Couldn't the devs make them red, or yellow, instead of blue? They are so hard to see, so you can't help but make a mistake by accidentally clicking where you think there's a pin!
Next, the finished mosaics are so poorly rendered compared to in earlier versions. The colors are too pale, and I just finished the first bonus set....that thing is a bottle cap? And that other thing is "blown glass"? Seriously?
Third, while I like the fact that the puzzles start out with slightly larger ones (no 5X5), they almost all seem to have rows already pinned, so while they appear larger they actually aren't.
By World Mosaics 7 I was hoping for larger puzzles with more of a challenge than earlier versions. Instead, I feel like the devs have just stopped trying to make this game more interesting to people like me, who've been devoted fans. Unless version 8 really steps up the gameplay, I won't be buying anymore World Mosaics.

[Post New]by keytek on Nov 16, 13 1:26 PM
Just finished the demo. Thank goodness I didn't buy 1st. I agree totally with all the above comments about the colour contrast and especially having to use the hint buttons. I will not be buying this game. Too bad as I was also looking forward to more of this series!!!! Hopefully the next one is a lot better.

Edited on 11/16/2013 at 1:26:43 PM PST

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Dec 6, 13 12:26 PM
One would expect that after being with Big Fish for over 5 years I'd learn to do the demo before buying. But, I so liked all the World Mosaics previous to this I just went ahead and bought.

Needless to say, I am in agreement with all the other posters. Thinking, "I can handle those pushpins being close to the same color as the background," I am at a loss! Just when I think I have a puzzle done perfectly, I click on one of the squares and there! I've blown it!

True, I have only myself to blame for purchasing this game, and if/when the next game comes out, it's for sure I'll demo it first. I would NOT recommend this game to others whether they are experienced or not.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Mar 25, 14 6:50 PM
Wow, posting almost 4 months after the last person - I guess we Mac players get left to the bitter end...

Review based on 28 painful minutes of play:

I'm a diehard Griddlers addict and this was going to be a great find for me and a certain buy - but a few minutes of the demo changed my mind. The concept is wonderful and I had no problems with download or resolution. The positive mark/pushpin concept was easy to get used to once I learned to click hard several times on the icons to change back and forth (not Mac friendly in any way.- we are talking slow and painstaking play here.)

The graphics are confusing and disruptive to deal with and I made so many mistakes I kept being sent back to the beginning. It's all blue - the grid, the background, and the pushpins. I knew what I was doing but the graphics kept throwing me off. Not fun in any way, and I deleted and will definitely not buy.

[Post New]by mugsie26 on Mar 28, 14 6:37 AM
I was so relieved to find these reviews! I've worked through all the previous games and enjoyed them. But when I couldn't find a way to complete all the games even up to level 3 using logic and no hints/guesses, I was dismayed. I thought my age must finally be catching up with me! This game is a real disappointment.

notdeadyet
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by notdeadyet on Apr 1, 14 9:19 AM
This a great game. The graphics are great.The buttons are large and easily read. I don't make that many but it appears that you can make 6 errors. The hint buttons are replenished quickly.If you opt to use the pin ,a text tells you what you chose. You won't make an error by entering instead of pinning.It has the usual silly plot and inane music but those aren't the reasons I buy these games. You can always stop the music.The back drops are quite attractive.I am even able to complete it with arthritis in my hands.
All in all this is a good game,particularly good for those whose eyesight is less than perfect..

[Post New]by mattiehelen2002 on Aug 7, 14 3:52 PM
I am loving the Mosaics series and intend to get them all. Jigsaw puzzles was my go to game when I wanted a break, but now its Mosaics.

These games require patience, logic, and attention to detail. I have perfect scores on every one I have played. Whoaaaa, folks, I am not that good. My goal is to get 3 stars on each one I play so after I finish a section, I go back and try to improve my previous scores. I play each one and just keep restarting every time I make a mistake. Some of my mistakes are careless, but the key is to remember what I did wrong. I played way into the wee hours of the morning, sometimes restarting a game 6-7-8 times until I got it right.

I just figured out what the right and left click means and I have to agree with everyone that "right" clicks should be a different color so you can see it.

I am obsessed with Mosaics, but find it very relaxing, and fun to try to figure out what the image represents. I do notice patterns. I loved the bonus game.

My problem is that I have many CEs that I have cast aside to keep playing the Mosaics games. It is such a change of pace.

Edited on 08/07/2014 at 3:55:53 PM PST

Go to: