Special Edition Monsters

Special Edition Monsters

[Post New]by dvlsradar on Oct 8, 13 11:02 AM
Does anyone know how to upgrade the game in order to
get the ethereal island and the special occasion monsters?
I've tried breeding the T-Rox and Bowgart on the Plant Island
in order to get the Punkleton (special monster just for Halloween)
but I just keep getting t-rox and bowgart..

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

Re:Special Edition Monsters

[Post New]by cat52 on Oct 8, 13 2:09 PM
Until the developers upgrade this game (PC version is behind) there are no special monsters except Punkleton, and that one is only awarded as a prize - you can't breed them.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Oct 8, 13 7:47 PM
I've been trying the same combo on the Plant Island, as someone said they saw a Punkleton in the top Islands list... I know Etheral isn't availible yet.. but do we have the Punkleton or not?!

F_O_A
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by F_O_A on Oct 8, 13 8:40 PM
WiccanWoman530 wrote:I've been trying the same combo on the Plant Island, as someone said they saw a Punkleton in the top Islands list... I know Etheral isn't availible yet.. but do we have the Punkleton or not?!

So I said that I saw it - and I did, BUT I don't know if it's available to breed. According to cat52 above it's not available to breed. You may be able to find out at this forum:
http://mojo-farm.com/forum/index.php?board=19.0

Hopefully, I'm allowed to post the address...

Not a very helpful answer - sorry

Aiwevanya
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by Aiwevanya on Oct 9, 13 3:09 AM
Well from what I've read the Punkleton and other seasonal monsters aren't available to breed all year round in the original version either, the breed combination only worked for a specific time period of around a week or two. If, as seems reasonable to hope, they become breedable again for the same time period this year we should be able to breed Punkleton's in a couple of weeks time. Otherwise keep doing the nursery scratchcard and hoping.

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Oct 9, 13 4:31 AM
I saw a new type of special monster while visiting random islands today. I don't know what it's called, but it looked christmasy... fur, white head with reindeer horns, red and green body, and it was large.. like an entbrat.

Haven't seen this one as a top prize on the scratch card yet... so where did they get it? Anyone know what kind of monster this is?

Aiwevanya
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by Aiwevanya on Oct 9, 13 4:57 AM
It's a Yool and it's the top prize in the scratch card if you play from the cold island nursery.

Edit: No I don't have one, but I recognise the description and know what the egg looks like from the wiki.

Edited on 10/09/2013 at 4:59:47 AM PST

SandyFish55
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,306 Posts

[Post New]by SandyFish55 on Oct 9, 13 3:56 PM
Does anyone know if we are seeing just PC islands or are they mixed with the ios islands>? I have been trying for days to get the punkleton to no avail...Thinking maybe we are seeing islands not on pc....

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 9, 13 4:57 PM
Hi SandyFish55,

If you're playing the PC version of the game, the only islands that should be visible will be other PC players. The two versions are not connected in any way.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Zoppy
Herring
Herring
396 Posts

[Post New]by Zoppy on Oct 10, 13 3:54 AM
According to information for the regular game it is available to breed now. It started being possible yesterday in fact. My first try got a Bowgart. We'll see what happens in 12 hours when I try again,

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Oct 10, 13 8:51 AM
Hmm. I was scrolling through islands the other night and saw two Punkletons on two different islands. Some people are luckier with scratch cards than I am, for sure!

Zoppy
Herring
Herring
396 Posts

[Post New]by Zoppy on Oct 11, 13 6:48 PM
Has anyone been able to breed a Punkleton? 4 tries got me 2 Bowgarts and 2 T-Rox.

SandyFish55
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,306 Posts

[Post New]by SandyFish55 on Oct 11, 13 7:27 PM
I'm on my 5th try...and still no punkleton...just bowgarts and trox's...that's what makes me think that the ones on the islands that have them are from the ios game...i know i'ts random, but I've bread 2 out of 3 shellibot's in that time...fishy

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Oct 11, 13 7:46 PM
Zoppy and SandyFish, what combos are you using to attempt the punkleton? Are you doing a 1+3 or 2+2? What elements make him up?

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Oct 11, 13 8:27 PM
I'm not sure why you think the Punkleton is breed-able in the PC version...are you sure?? The version number on the game hasn't changed that I can see, and that means this version still doesn't allow breeding of the special monsters but just awards them as top prizes in the scratch game. On the other hand, it IS the time of year for Punkletons so maybe it was there and breedable in this version all along, it just was waiting for the right date to be available...?

Zoppy
Herring
Herring
396 Posts

[Post New]by Zoppy on Oct 11, 13 9:12 PM
The Punkleton is special, not based on the elements in the parent monsters. He comes from T-Rox and Bowgart.

No I am not sure he's breed-able. I am just figuring he is because he does exist in this version of the game so the time of year should make it available. He just unlocked the other day in the app version and no new update came there.

Edited on 10/11/2013 at 9:13:59 PM PST

F_O_A
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by F_O_A on Oct 11, 13 9:24 PM
My best educated guess is that he is not breed-able in this version yet. While he is available to breed on the ios version at this time of the year (and last year on that version) that version also has (and had) Halloween decorations on Plant Island while the Punkleton was breed-able. We don't have those decorations, so I'm thinking that we also don't have a breed-able Punkleton

Zoppy
Herring
Herring
396 Posts

[Post New]by Zoppy on Oct 11, 13 9:40 PM
F_O_A wrote:My best educated guess is that he is not breed-able in this version yet. While he is available to breed on the ios version at this time of the year (and last year on that version) that version also has (and had) Halloween decorations on Plant Island while the Punkleton was breed-able. We don't have those decorations, so I'm thinking that we also don't have a breed-able Punkleton

That is possible. But I'm not doing anything else with my Breeding Structure and Nursery.

F_O_A
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by F_O_A on Oct 11, 13 9:50 PM
Zoppy wrote:
That is possible. But I'm not doing anything else with my Breeding Structure and Nursery.

me either

but i specialize beating a dead horse ventures

Edited on 10/11/2013 at 9:52:23 PM PST

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Oct 12, 13 3:47 AM
LOL - well, be sure to let us know if your horse gets up and gallops away to the punkin field.

Go to: