dracslady
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

AUCTION RIP OFF

[Post New]by dracslady on Oct 8, 13 1:43 PM

I've been buying items at auction, both by bidding and by the Buy It Now function. They're not showing up in my collections. I've sat and watched the auctions run down, so I know I'm the winning bidder, but I'm not getting the item. What's wrong? The money is being subtracted from my account, but I'm not getting the item.

I too am having that issue!!! Several times in fact !!! Took the coins from my balance, said I was highest bidder when it closed, but didnt get the item. So now the game is going to rip off people. Sad thing I love this game but there are still alot of glitches. That auction function is a love hate thing right now.

dracslady
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

Re:AUCTION RIP OFF

[Post New]by dracslady on Oct 8, 13 2:36 PM
Also why would it take your money BEFORE you win the bid? Most auctions dont work that way in the USA. Personally the whole auction thing needs a major overhaul if not removed and maybe a trading system put in
Example being like in Farm Frenzy 4 you have collections.... but if you can exchange items and spin for something new.

Edited on 10/08/2013 at 2:37:18 PM PST

[Post New]by LadyHood on Oct 9, 13 1:29 PM
I'm also having the same problem - I win the auction, my money is gone and I don't get the item. Even more frustrating, if I pay the buyout price, again my money is gone and the item does not show up in my collections. Grrr ...

dracslady
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by dracslady on Oct 9, 13 8:33 PM
yep did it to me again. I figure I am out about 15,000 coins and not to mention the collection reward

dracslady
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by dracslady on Oct 9, 13 8:33 PM
yep did it to me again. I figure I am out about 15,000 coins and not to mention the collection reward

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 10, 13 2:55 PM
Hello dracslady and LadyHood,

I'm sorry to hear that this is happening in your games.

It would be really helpful if you would get in touch with our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix report so one of our Reps can take a close look at what's happening there and offer some suggestions to help sort this out.

I hope this is resolved for you quickly!

bfgDeveron

dracslady
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by dracslady on Oct 10, 13 4:43 PM
I appreciate the reply but this isnt really a tech issue..... its a game developer issue. There are lots of other glitches in this game also in 2 of the HO scenes. But I do appreciate the reply.

fuzhed
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by fuzhed on Oct 12, 13 11:41 AM
I'm finding that I am not being paid for my expensive auction items. I am at a high level, so these rare items have cost me a fortune in gold and resources to acquire. VERY disappointed with the performance of this game!!!

dlite6101
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by dlite6101 on Oct 12, 13 10:57 PM
This is not an auction rip off question..... I just need to know why I get "bid error" , or " there was an error in your bid." I have the bid at or above the last bid, or I have hit the close out price tab and got the same message. Any Ideas what it could be? Thanks for any and all help!

whrlwnd
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by whrlwnd on Oct 13, 13 2:18 AM
Well, I don't know for sure, but I've been assuming that happens when other people are also bidding on the same item.

Cisdaman
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by Cisdaman on Oct 14, 13 6:41 PM
dlite6101 wrote:This is not an auction rip off question..... I just need to know why I get "bid error" , or " there was an error in your bid." I have the bid at or above the last bid, or I have hit the close out price tab and got the same message. Any Ideas what it could be? Thanks for any and all help!

Whrlwnd is correct, I believe. I used to try and figure out why I kept getting those bid error messages too. Then I noticed its one of two things. Either someone else is bidding at the same time as you or the ending time is off by a few seconds.

If you are waiting til there are less than 10 seconds left in an auction or so and getting this message, then more than likely the ending time is off slightly and the auction has already ended.

dlite6101
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by dlite6101 on Oct 14, 13 9:57 PM
THANKS all I do think that maybe it. I also got the same thing when I bid on more than I have the money. Because yes I did notice that they take the money at the time you bid so as not to over spend yourself.... but I have gotten my money back.
Again thanks so much for your help!!

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Oct 19, 13 4:18 AM
dlite6101 wrote:This is not an auction rip off question..... I just need to know why I get "bid error" , or " there was an error in your bid." I have the bid at or above the last bid, or I have hit the close out price tab and got the same message. Any Ideas what it could be? Thanks for any and all help!

I have the same problem. I only just now completed my auction house and am simply trying to complete the quest of making a bid. I have plenty of coins and am trying to make a bid above the starting price in auctions that have quite a bit of time remaining. I understand people may be also bidding at the same time, but in that case it seems I should receive a notice that my bid is not high enough, not 'Bid Error". Very frustrating and now, ready this thread I'm hesitant to buy something if I'm not going to receive it.

[Post New]by AceSlick on Oct 19, 13 9:41 AM
You're all right! The auction is really messed up!! Here's a nasty one- once you complete the achievement for auctioning items( I believe it was 100), you can no longer auction anything!!! Well, you can- but they don't go to the auction! I found this out the hard way. In 1 session I auctioned off about 50 items. They all were taken out of my collection, but I found out later that they were not at the auction! They were also not returned to me... rrrrrrr Also, by the time you reach level 30- you no longer get any quests, and it's almost impossible to advance! Unless you pay real cash for fake gold bars in order to keep playing a "free' game, which doesn't work right and hasn't been finished! It was cute, but I think I'm going back to play Fallout3. (Great game, even with a few bugs!) pissed off

[Post New]by AceSlick on Oct 22, 13 1:40 PM
OK, I apologize! My items finally showed up at auction, although it did take 3 days for them to get there!

Go to: