Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

Sea Journey - TERRIFIC Match 3 Battle Game!

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 9, 09 5:11 PM
EDIT: I am copying this from another thread because I want it clear I no longer endorse this game. Here's why:

I'm so hoppin' mad right now I could spit. After my touting this game all over the place, absolutely loving it up one side down the other, to get to the LAST FREAKIN' BATLLE and have it be timed?!?! When the rest of the game wasn't? To have it taken out of the realm of strategy and thinking and into a frakin' quick click reaction frenzy that where facile mind might as well turn off and crippled hands can not hope to complete?!

Plan on writing the developers and repeating this, but had to vent here because I had said so many good things, probably leading those who can't do fast clicking but enjoy Match 3 down the garden path, and this makes me feel so bad I was duped (by developers, not ) into buying something I can't finish. How can you justify changing the mechanic of an entire game in the last moment?!

So mad. So dissapointed. So sad.

Edited on 03/22/2009 at 5:53:44 PM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:Sea Journey - TERRIFIC Match 3 Battle Game!

[Post New]by bribling on Mar 9, 09 5:25 PM
I love "Puzzle Hero" so I hope BF gets this one. I look forward to trying it.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 9, 09 5:27 PM
Bump

Pleeease go check out this demo, y'all. Help me bring this game to lordkalvan - No Timer Match 3! Didn't you mention liking that idea? I *know* I'm not alone here. Tryyyy it! Gamezebo - search Sea Journey - 4 stars

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 9, 09 5:34 PM
Downloading. Downloading Treasures of Ancient Cavern from the same site as well. Now, when to find time to play them is another question.

Edited on 03/09/2009 at 5:35:17 PM PST

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Mar 9, 09 5:36 PM
You certainly aren't alone.....I would rather not have a "timer" on any of the games I play. It's not fun to play under pressure.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 10, 09 3:27 AM
Well now I feel like a dummy because I went back to the site to check out what Treasures of Ancient Cavern was and it looks like it's another game site, not the developers site like I thought it was. That must have been some other game I was checking out. Still reeeeally hope gets this one because I am really itching to buy it.

Come on !

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 10, 09 3:47 AM
OOOH thanks for the heads up Poodlebear, I absolutely adored Puzzle Hero and this sounds right up my street.

.. P L E A S E ..

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 10, 09 4:03 AM
You're so welcome! ...the itch is worse now... what with tonites offering being kind of a dud. I don't think any of the other "big" game sites are offering this yet, so fins crossed.

Please, oh please,

Edited on 03/10/2009 at 4:04:01 AM PST

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Mar 10, 09 4:30 AM
Thanks for the heads up PoodleBear, I so love match threes!

Shrew2P
Clownfish
Clownfish
979 Posts

[Post New]by Shrew2P on Mar 10, 09 5:15 AM
Played the demo and loved it!!! Thanks for the heads up on this one.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Mar 10, 09 5:29 AM
Oh PoodleBear, what a brilliant game, I love it, lets hope Big Fish gets it soon, I do not have very good patience for waiting.

Brilliant game, Thank you PoodleBear

Big Fish Please

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 10, 09 4:16 PM
Isn't it goooood!?! Looks like we've got some good ggames in the works coming up, so can hold off my itchy buy clicker for a little bit, buit come on ! You neeed to offer this super game!

Playful61
Clownfish
Clownfish
846 Posts

[Post New]by Playful61 on Mar 22, 09 12:08 PM
Most match 3 games I find boring, but this one has some excitement attached to it when you have to fight other ships...

I enjoy the opportunity to upgrade as well... and to play different parts ie merchant vs corsair

Thanks for bringing us the best of the best, Big Fish!

[Post New]by StPete on Mar 22, 09 1:41 PM
What a disappointment !!! What looked like a great game has no rules. You just click the screen, lots of noise and flashes, someone wins, game over. Whats the point of playing a strategy game put they don't infom you of the strategies? Glad I played the demo before buying!
Huff

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Mar 22, 09 1:43 PM
poodle i did an evaluation on this game and like it too.athough its not my style i would probably buy this one.

[Post New]by bigbadbrenda on Mar 23, 09 6:38 AM
I cant seem to open this up at all. I get a black screen and it says congratulations . I have tried clicking on the words but no luck. Should I be doing something else.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 23, 09 6:50 AM
Odds are you need to ask customer support for help. click the green envelope on the right side of this page.

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Mar 23, 09 6:59 AM
I've been playing and I think I'm at the final battle, the fast click one. I give up on it, I cant click fast enough Maybe I'll ask my 10 year old daughter to do it for me.

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Mar 23, 09 8:47 AM
Hello everyone! I just thought I’d pop in and let you know that I’ve gone ahead and moved this discussion to the forum that we have set up for Sea Journey. You can find a list of all our individual game forums by clicking here.

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by Fishmish on Mar 24, 09 4:33 PM
This is a really fun game whether it's timed or untimed!

Go to: