tristin2222
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

collections, auctioning

[Post New]by tristin2222 on Oct 11, 13 11:01 AM
can someone explain collections and auctioning to me pls?

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

Re:collections, auctioning

[Post New]by PTBT on Oct 12, 13 9:45 AM
Collections: you amass/collect items in a couple of ways. Each city has a list of items that can be obtained by playing that city, and you also can get items by entering the buildings in each town and playing the mini-games. You earn rewards in your achievements for getting complete collections. There are 4 categories of collections: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Under each tab there are any number of actual collections that you can complete. The small gold squares under each individual one will tell you if you have an item in that collection. If you are missing one and have gold to spend you can click on the collection, which causes it to display in the lower panel. Then you can click on the item that says 0 and you can choose to purchase it with gold. Once you do that you click collect reward (I think that's what it says, it's a big arrow), click Yes, and you have completed the collection and gotten coins, resources, building materials, whatever it says is the reward.

Auctions: you can auction stuff off from within your Collections (same way you buy a missing item with gold except you click the auction button instead). You can click the Auction Icon on the Menu/your main screen to enter the Auction house or you can enter the house directly if you are in the right town. Then you pay coins to buy or you can bid on an item you want. If you win, you get email and the coins are deducted from your coins amount and the item should show up in the appropriate Collection. If you lose you get an email that says you were outbid. There are achievements for auctioning also.

Hope this helped! Enjoy the game.

andifem
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by andifem on Oct 16, 13 4:23 PM
I am amassing many coins from auctioning (I'm at level 40) but am still a little confused. What exactly is the buyout price and who gets the money from that? Also, what, if anything, should I be putting in the auction fee section? I have not put anything there yet but I feel I am missing something here. I really would like to see a clearer representation of how auctioning works from both sides of it. Thanks for any clarification.

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Oct 16, 13 9:18 PM
If you chose to auction an item, you can enter the starting bid and the buyout price. The buyout is the price that someone can pay to just straight out purchase the item without any bidding. I think the buyout button goes away the first time someone actually bids on your item.

I tried to put something in the fee and it didn't seem to do anything, so that, I really don't know!

From a buyer perspective, you can bid on items or buy them straight out if you like the buyout price. The countdown clock on the auction site is kind of weird - sometimes it says the auction is done then displays the item again. And of course the auction for that item really is over and the clock didn't catch up.

Bidding - if you really want something and the buyout price is right, my recommendation is to just buy it. If you like to bid though, just watch the clock on the item and "try" to bid close to the close of the auction.

If you win you get an email, your coins decrease, and the item goes into your collection. If you lose you get a mail message telling you that you were outbid.

Does that help?

andifem
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by andifem on Oct 17, 13 2:37 PM
Thanks for responding but sadly, it did not really answer the questions. When someone uses my buyout price, I am not getting that money as far as I can see. I make my buyout prices higher than the cost to buy the item with gold in hopes that the buyer will realize that it would be cheaper to just buy.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Oct 19, 13 4:13 AM
I have only just now completed my auction house and am trying to complete the first quest of bidding on an item. I am trying to place a bid higher than the starting price but no matter what I do it says "bid error". I have enough coins to cover my bid. I am still searching the Forum on this, but this thread was the closest I found to my question. Thanks.

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Oct 19, 13 7:57 PM
Receiving the "money" for the item is a different issue, and if you are not getting it you need to contact Customer Support and report it. There are a number of people experiencing this same thing, so you want to be on record with CS that it happens to you too.

As far as "bid error" goes, the clock on the bidding for each item is messed up. I get that message when the auction on an item has closed, even though the timer looks like it is still open.

Go to: