bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Torment of Mont Triste Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 12, 13 12:29 AM
Stop the terrifying Lord of Nightmares in The Torment of Mont Triste! After a scientific experiment goes horribly wrong, a shadowy figure begins appearing throughout the town of Mont Triste, bringing the citizens' most terrifying visions to life as they sleep. They call him the Lord of Nightmares. Local authorities are exhausted and helpless against this otherworldly threat. They have enlisted you to come to the picturesque mountain town to solve the bizarre case. You must track down the villain and stop him before the entire world becomes gripped in a terrifying nightmare. After all, everyone must fall asleep eventually... can you help the citizens of Mont Triste awaken?

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

Re:The Torment of Mont Triste Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Nilosh on Oct 12, 13 2:38 AM
Good Morning all, guess I will start the thread. Henri Benoit is a scientist obsessed with the idea of channeling into peoples dreams. His obsession soon becomes his madness as he discovers that he can now bring to life people's worst nightmares. Now no one dares to fall asleep in the village of Mont Triste and it is up to you to stop the mysterious Lord of Nightmares before he takes over the world.

I cant say that I am a fan of the graphics, again with the cartoonish artwork but they are never the less bright and sharp. I really to prefer to have some 2 D look to graphics as the characters look a bit like cut out paper dolls. No mouth movements but plenty of voice-overs.

There are three levels of difficulty to choose from and game features a map that will allow for travel. No journal but an amulet that opens up portals into peoples nightmares. A very standard HOPA game with collectables and achievments that may be considered as incentives to spen extra money onthis game.

Adventure aspect is appealing with the usual standard HO scene that have slight interaction. Alot of back-tracking but there is the map to help you with that. Mini-games were interesting, simple at first but they did get a bit more challenging later on, some with a minor level of frustration.

There are hidden goblins throughout the game and relatively as I mentionned, a list of easy achievements.

The game is relatively easy to play and as I noticed from the SG, there are five chapters along with a bonus section. I wasn't actually thrown over by the gameplay as there was too much hand holding and not enough challenge. Although I found the mini-games interesting, the style, sounds and images just did not appeal to me. I really am using the much more complex CE games as reference so I dont think I will be hitting the BUY button just yet. My own personal feeling is use the advantage of the sale today if you can. Not exactly a game that has the WOW factor!

Have a great weeend

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Oct 12, 13 2:46 AM
I played the demo until it ran out of time, I really liked this game the graphics was clear the sounds went with the game which was kool to listen, I loved the game this will be a buy for me.Thx DEV's for all your hard work and time great Job..Thx BF for another awesome game.I am going to take advantage of your sale..Please give the game a chance..well I am off to buy have a great weekend everyone..

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Oct 12, 13 6:32 AM
I got quite excited when I saw the screen grabs on the game page, I LOVED the looks of the artwork. Different strokes and all that.

Wonderful sale, I got this and the last CE for the price of one. Hope they both play okay, I got greedy and snatched them both up without a trial first. Thanks BFG, I appreciate your weekend sales.

ETA: I thought I'd try it out once it downloaded and ended up spending two hours on it since I couldn't tear myself away. I'm glad I got this, it's a lot of fun.

Edited on 10/12/2013 at 9:22:18 AM PST

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by MaryEl on Oct 12, 13 7:32 AM
I played the demo. Is the demo the full game or only part of it.

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Oct 12, 13 7:33 AM
Really confused here. I have 3 chapters listed in the demo, not 5. These 3 chapter have a combined 18 pages with just a few actions on each page. To those who have purchased the game, how many chapters are there in the full game?

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Oct 12, 13 7:42 AM
angelofmusic62:

Whenever you demo a game, you rarely get to see the entire Strategy Guide.

As Nilosh has stated there are 5 Chapters + Bonus Chapter in the "purchased" game Strategy Guide.

Hope you enjoy the game.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 12, 13 9:38 AM
I really like this game. It reminds me of an ERS game due to the graphics and the prettiness and colorfulness of the scenes. The puzzles are different and fun, but not really brain taxing. There are junk pile Hos but they too are clear and pretty and slightly interactive. Games like this one are a nice interlude from the darker, spookier games even though I like those too. There is a sale today so I will definitely get this game.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Oct 12, 13 10:12 AM
There seems to be a confusion today with the delay in unlocking the reviews and tech issues threads but I believe moderators will take care of it soon. As this is the comments thread, I believe I can post the following so... MaryEl, a demo is always a part of a game. Sometimes it allows you to play for 1 hour and other times its length is predefined so it could end before the whole hour is over.

angelofmusic62, the full game has 8 chapters plus the bonus chapter. I believe Nilosh's review is based on the demo. As jcsgame already said, usually they don't all show up in the stategy guide while demoing.

Edited on 10/12/2013 at 10:50:27 AM PST

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Oct 15, 13 12:32 PM
Since this doesn't appear to be the reviews thread I hope it's ok to ask a question...
as I DO see it's another 'dark shadowy figure" game, is there much in the way of occultist interaction required from we players?

PS: Also, since I am, at this point, rather overly saturated with same, is there much in the way of 'steam punk' art style in game, 'The Torment of Mont Triste'?

Thanks for any and all input you supply.

~F

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Oct 16, 13 1:41 AM
FORTUNATUS wrote:Since this doesn't appear to be the reviews thread I hope it's ok to ask a question...
as I DO see it's another 'dark shadowy figure" game, is there much in the way of occultist interaction required from we players?

PS: Also, since I am, at this point, rather overly saturated with same, is there much in the way of 'steam punk' art style in game, 'The Torment of Mont Triste'?

~F

Hello there FORTUNATUS,

This game certainly has metaphysical and paranormal/supernatural references due to its story but it's not that "dark" really and definitely not about occultism. As for "steam punk", having in mind that this is actually a science fiction sub genre (I mean "steam punk"), it kind of does have such elements but it barely ranks in this category. This is my personal opinion of course and please forgive me if I'm missing some details, concerning occultism and "steam punk", but it's been 3-4 days now since I finished it. You could try the demo and see for yourself what you like and/or dislike about it.

ETA: Just wanted to say that this game has tons of technical issues, as you can easily see, so if at some point you decide to buy it, this is what you should definitely have in mind, not the occultism. It is a same really as the game itself is pretty good.

Edited on 10/21/2013 at 9:55:52 PM PST

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Oct 16, 13 9:12 PM
tammytheo wrote:
FORTUNATUS wrote:Since this doesn't appear to be the reviews thread I hope it's ok to ask a question...

~F

Hello there FORTUNATUS,

This game certainly has metaphysical and paranormal/supernatural references due to its story but it's not that "dark" really and definitely not about occultism. As for "steam punk", having in mind that this is actually a science fiction sub genre (I mean "steam punk"), it kind of does have such elements but it barely ranks in this category. This is my personal opinion of course and please forgive me if I'm missing some details, concerning occultism and "steam punk", but it's been 3-4 days now since I finished it. You could try the demo and see for yourself what you like and/or dislike about it.

ETA Just wanted to say that this game has tons of technical issues, as you can easily see, so if at some point you decide to buy it, this is what you should definitely have in mind, not the occultism. It is a same really as the game itself is pretty good.

Thanks SO much for your reply and input/opinion, Tammytheo. I truly appreciate your taking the time and, YES, indeed, the information you gave is very helpful to me....

I will also check out the trial... just that sometimes the trial content doesn't always stand true to the entire game from my past experience.

"Mysticism", etc. is ok, it's just that I am trying to avoid outright participation in occult activities such as Ouji Board use, casting dark spells, etc. due several factors including the advice of my spiritual advisor. (I don't want to turn back into a werewolf, haha, kidding of course about the ww).

Thanks very much again and happy gaming

~Fortunatus

Edited on 10/16/2013 at 9:13:55 PM PST

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Oct 17, 13 12:14 AM
You are so very welcome FORTUNATUS. Happy gaming.

Go to: