belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Technical issues! [Post Your Tech Issues Here Only!]

[Post New]by belamba on Oct 12, 13 8:05 AM
Played this on my 2013 Macbook Pro retina display running Mountain Lion OS X version 10.8.5.

After finishing the trial hour I bought the game, but it didn't save my place. On starting after buying it, took me right back to the beginning again :-((

Luckily I could whizz through it all again, but had to play to the end of the game (including bonus chapter) without a break in case it did it again.

Just wondered if BFG tech mods around today, they could help me prevent this from happening again.

Edited on 10/12/2013 at 9:01:52 AM PST

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

Re:Technical issues!

[Post New]by Giliraz on Oct 12, 13 8:27 AM
installed the demo but cannot play... when click on 'play' it goes back to the game manager and will not start...

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Re:Technical issues!

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 12, 13 9:00 AM
Thanks for starting the tech thread everyone! I'll be back in a bit to offer some suggestions.

bfgDeveron

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

Re:Technical issues! [Post Your Tech Issues Here Only!]

[Post New]by flaxin on Oct 12, 13 9:04 AM
Quite a few of us are having a problem of just getting sound with a black screen.

I was looking forward to playing this. Any idea why this is happening or if there will be a fix?

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Oct 12, 13 9:15 AM
I also have just sound and no picture, black screen!

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Oct 12, 13 9:23 AM
I have the same problem as Giliraz.
This have never happend to me before.
Can not open Bejeweled 3 which is there already, either.

.........restarted my computer and Bejeweled worked, but could still not open this game. So uninstalled it.

Edited on 10/13/2013 at 2:08:54 AM PST

sarah451
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by sarah451 on Oct 12, 13 9:31 AM
And here's another instance of sound with a black screen.
Never had this happen before. What's wrong with the game? Does it need a new version of DirectX or some other thing that it didn't install, didn't check for and doesn't tell us about?

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Oct 12, 13 9:43 AM
I bought this game along with Haunted Hotel: Eclipse and can't download them because they are on the same order. This new GM DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY. It will only install one game at a time. Since these games come up as install games from this order neither will install.

I restarted my computer and they finally began to download. My problem is solved so far but it's the first time I've been able to have 2 games in a queue on this new GM.

Edited on 10/12/2013 at 10:03:59 AM PST

nadayehia
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by nadayehia on Oct 12, 13 9:58 AM
Hello there, the game didn't remember my place from the demo but that happens with me w/ alot of games so no big deal i just start the whole thing again..

Also for those of you who had the "black screen" problem i had the same thing only there was no sound no nothing and kept telling me debugger detected.

So i fixed it by

1) Go to start – run… – enter cmd and press Enter

2) Then type

regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVideo.ax" press Enter

you will see the message:

DllUnregisterServer in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVideo.ax succeeded.

3) Perform the same actions with another file:

regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeAudio.ax" press Enter

And Voila the game played normally!! weird huh ? , anyway this problem may arise if you have Nero Vision Express (which is a part of Nero Burning suite) installed in your system. Whenever the operating system enquires the available filters in order to render the movie and encounter NeVideo.ax/NeAudio.ax downstream filters it generates this. To fix it, please, unregister both filters
----

Anyways i had another problem which is a glitch.. i finished the WHOLE game (saved Henry and all) and suddenly it told me that i finished the demo !! and the Bonus Chapter is blocked, my only option is to replay the whole thing !

Can someone please send me a [saved-game file user] right after the main game ends so i can play the bonus?

Edited on 10/12/2013 at 10:09:34 AM PST

Gill_R
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_R on Oct 12, 13 9:59 AM
belamba wrote:Played this on my 2013 Macbook Pro retina display running Mountain Lion OS X version 10.8.5.

After finishing the trial hour I bought the game, but it didn't save my place. On starting after buying it, took me right back to the beginning again :-((

Luckily I could whizz through it all again, but had to play to the end of the game (including bonus chapter) without a break in case it did it again.

Just wondered if BFG tech mods around today, they could help me prevent this from happening again.

I had the same problem: on an iMac running 10.7.5. Weirdly, the game remembered the alterations I'd made to the settings, just not my place in the game. Same thing happened when the game crashed partway through the Bonus game: it took me back to the beginning.

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Oct 12, 13 12:01 PM
I got a number of "Universal Wrong Item" messages when trying to select an item. I like the game, but I don't want to buy if this keeps happening, because the game is different enough that I do a lot of clicking around.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Oct 12, 13 12:10 PM
Glad I'm not the only one with this issue on a Mac! And glad I decided to not shut game down and played to the end. Had a feeling it wouldn't save my place after restarting after I'd bought it. It too remembered my profile and game mode settings, just not the place I'd got to in the game. Must be a Mac glitch...and hopefully it'll get fixed for future Mac game players.

I had the same problem: on an iMac running 10.7.5. Weirdly, the game remembered the alterations I'd made to the settings, just not my place in the game. Same thing happened when the game crashed partway through the Bonus game: it took me back to the beginning.

NouniSmile
Koi
Koi
281,317 Posts

[Post New]by NouniSmile on Oct 12, 13 12:11 PM
Have the same, sound with a black screen.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Oct 12, 13 12:17 PM
Have sound, but the screen is black. I had to run task manager to get out of it.

Drgnswf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Drgnswf on Oct 12, 13 12:45 PM
Black screen with sound here as well. Fix from nadayehia a no-go. Fix please, BigFish.

molly539
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by molly539 on Oct 12, 13 4:43 PM
kinget wrote:I got a number of "Universal Wrong Item" messages when trying to select an item. I like the game, but I don't want to buy if this keeps happening, because the game is different enough that I do a lot of clicking around.

I'm playing the demo and getting these messages too.

kalalika
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by kalalika on Oct 12, 13 5:42 PM
Tried playing demo on PC with Windows 8 and same problem....black screen with sound. Uninstalled and installed again but same thing. Guess I won't be trying this game until fixed!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 12, 13 5:50 PM
Hello All,

If you have display issues (dark screen with only sound, or with no sound) please check to make sure that all of the software and drivers on your computer are up-to-date. This will help everything communicate better. For assistance doing that, just click here.

If you're having trouble with the game saving on a Mac, please contact our dedicated Mac Support Team so we can collect data about that issue. And offer some suggestions to help sort things out.

If you're experiencing errors in your game, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling that to ensure that everything has downloaded correctly.

If these suggestions don't work, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so our Reps can offer more specialized instructions to help sort this out.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Oct 12, 13 9:56 PM
There is a minor bug but I believe it is confined to the 'special' or interactive objects in the HO scenes if you attempt to use one of the interactive objects incorrectly. Then you see the program string instead of a text message. It's minor, however, it is a bug and should be fixed as it will serve to confuse many and it just looks bad. Don't know how this got through Beta testing.

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Oct 12, 13 11:58 PM
I also am just getting sound with a black screen. And it is not my software or drivers.
I was able to watch the preview video just fine. Figured I might get this game while the 2 for 1 sale is on. But not if I can't play it.

Go to: