missmoose
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

To the Game Developers: suggestions of improvements for the wishlist

[Post New]by missmoose on Oct 12, 13 8:35 AM
Dear Developers,

While we do appreciate this game (a lot) - and although I can only speak for myself I believe the others would second me on this, so I'll use the plural -, we would greatly appreciate if you would put in place some improvements concerning the wishlist and its handling.

Of course there are a lot of other improvements we wish to see in the game too, like the battles etc, but this post is about the wishlist ONLY, because I believe most of the improvements I'm about to suggest could be easily implemented and would mean such a lot for all of us, since give and receive gifts are such an important feature in this game. So I believe you could separate one of your programmers to work on these suggestions and still keep the rest of the team working on the other issues.

So, I'll go ahead and just make a list of things that occurred to me as improvements to what we have right now, without worrying about ordering it in no way, neither by importance, nor by ease of implementation, nothing.

Problem: Scrolling through all our neighbors is a pain in the neck. If you ever played this game for a few weeks just pretending you were one of us, and not for a few minutes to see if a function is currently working (I can only expect you did, although many times it really looks like you didn't), then you know what I mean. Because there are features that work, but aren't practical at all, and the the whole thing about the gifts and the wishlist is one of those. Most of us have more than 100 neighbors (or are about to have them in the near feature), which is a great thing, but when you have to scroll through all of them to find the one you are looking for, then give him his gift, then go and scroll again for the next... you get the picture.
That happens because when the player can't give a gift from the wishlist (either because he ran out of free gifts for that day, or because he doesn't have the artifacts the other player wishes) and he clicks on the GIFT button on top of that persons avatar, that person won't remain selected in the window that pops up (when we click from the wish list it will, though), which forces the player to shift through the whole list of neighbors.
Suggestion: If you get someone to copy-and-paste the code piece from the wishlist into the GIFT button, ensuring the player remains selected, it would be a big help and it wouldn't even take too much time to implement it.

(continues right below, on the next reply)

Edited on 06/25/2014 at 12:46:36 PM PST

EweJoy
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

Re:To the Game Developers: suggestions of improvements for the wishlist

[Post New]by EweJoy on Oct 12, 13 8:40 AM
also, could the gift box be made moveable so we can see who we are currently visiting? The gift box just covers the name of the person we're visiting so to have it that close and not be able to see it is frustrating. Oftentimes, I forget which of my neighbors I'm on and I have to close the gift box and start the search all over again.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Oct 12, 13 8:47 AM
Drisana made this discovery...

Drisana wrote:2 tips to earn real time

- First gifting :
You can't search for a friend in the "search box" if you're playing in full screen mode, but it's working in windowed mode

-clipped

and it works for me too

EweJoy
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

[Post New]by EweJoy on Oct 12, 13 8:59 AM
There's a search feature so we don't have to scroll thru all those names?
I'd still like to be able to see the info behind the gift box though.

Edited on 10/12/2013 at 9:00:52 AM PST

missmoose
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by missmoose on Oct 12, 13 9:10 AM
Problem: Managing a big list of neighbors in order to keep them all as content as one can is a time-consuming task, and not the easiest one at that. So each little improvement can mean A LOT in the end of the line. Every help in keep things simple and faster is very welcome.
Suggestion: Since we are limited to 100 free gifts a day, and since the game already has in place a function that checks whether a person has already received a free gift, in case we get messed up and try to send the same gift again or another free one, why not to apply this piece of code to the wishlist in the following manner: say, I sent my neighbor a Silicon Flint, which is a free gift but can't be set into the wishlist. It would be nice if once I sent him one free gift (whether it is or not in his wishlist), that all free gifts (and only the free ones, please!) that he might have in his wishlist won't show for me anymore till the day changes and I can send another one. That would make managing the gift-giving process much easier. Because with more than 100 neighbors we don't have enough free gifts for them all. And also we might not have or not have enough of the artifacts the person wish to receive. So some neighbors will get free gifts, some will get artifacts, some will get items bought from the store, but once I went through all the free gifts I could give for one day, I have to go back to my list of neighbors and check who didn't get any yet and then give them something else, but it's hard to remember ALL that got something and what they got. And still once in a while you want to give an extra gift for a neighbor that helped you with something you were in dire need of, or just because you're so fond of them or out of any reason or no reason at all.
Anyway, at least cutting the time we spend clicking to give a free gift to the ones who got it already and then clicking again to make the pop up go away (the one that warns us about the fact that the person got the free gift for the day), that multiplied for some dozen times, you figure... So yes, this little bit would also improve things for us a bit in my opinion.

Problem: 100 free gifts might sound like a lot, but believe me, it's not nearly enough.
Suggestion: Please allow us all to give, say 200 free gifts a day instead. Thank you in advance.

missmoose
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by missmoose on Oct 12, 13 9:18 AM
OMG!
THANKS FOR THAT TIP RUMBI AND DRISANA! I WAS GOING TO ADD THAT PROBLEM TOO, NOW WE ONLY NEED TELL THAT IT WOULD BE AWESOME TO HAVE IT WORKING ON FULL SCREEN MODE TOO.
BUT IT'S AWESOME THAT AT LEAST IT WORKS IN SMALL SCREEN.

Problem: In the window that pops up to shift through the neighbors to chose the ones who will receive a gift (the "select friends" window) makes us shift through friends one by one, even though there are 8 in the page.
Suggestion: It would be nice if when we click the green arrow the whole page would shift and bring in the next set of 8 (that would make the shifting 8 times faster than it is now.

Edited: I'm tired of writing for now, if I remember the other points I wanted to include in the list I'll add them later on.

Edited on 10/12/2013 at 9:20:43 AM PST

EweJoy
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

[Post New]by EweJoy on Oct 12, 13 5:37 PM
I agree Missmoose! I've thought that more than once! It would save wear and tear on my mouse clicker too!

mommerj
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by mommerj on Oct 13, 13 8:01 AM
I like where you are going with this. The gifting and receiving of gifts is a HUGE part of this game, but seems to have very clunky navigation. I have often thought that when receiving gifts, it would be nice to have an "Accept All" button, so I could just accept all my gifts and move on, instead of having to click Accept on every single gift.

I find it a bit easier to go through each neighbor (visiting and gifting) using each avatar at the bottom of the screen. This is STILL very time consuming, but by mousing over each avatar, I can see at one time the gifts they wish to receive. I think after we gift a neighbor with a free gift, it would be nice if the free gifts requested above their avatar would gray out, indicating that we have already sent them a free gift. As we can give as many "bought" gifts, or gifts from our backpack, they would not gray out.

I agree with EweJoy, I too would like to see the gift box movable. By the time I am halfway through my neighbor list, I can't remember the name of the neighbor I am on for more than 2 seconds.

elena517
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by elena517 on Oct 13, 13 9:18 AM
I'd like to have two separate tabs for mayan runes and beast runes in the backpack.
I know it sounds silly but... right now I'd need to see if I have enough beast runes to enter the blue dragon labyrinth, but they are all mixed up with the mayan ones; and I don't want to lose three keys just to enter the labyrinth and find out they're not enough. Not to mention if they were fire keys...

dk413
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

[Post New]by dk413 on Oct 13, 13 9:57 AM
EweJoy, the name of the neighbor you are currently visiting appears at the top of the screen just under where your energy points are.

Great suggestions Roomies.

Edited on 10/13/2013 at 10:08:31 AM PST

missmoose
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by missmoose on Oct 13, 13 12:25 PM
I like your idea of greying out the gifted free gifts much better than my initial idea of taking them out of the list. it makes it much more easy to control who got what. Now it would be nice if there was a way to "mark" who we already sent bought gifts and/or artifacts without blocking the possibility of sending more if we so decide. I don't know about you guys, but sometimes i don't have the time to go through all my neighbors at once to do the gifting, so i do it in parts, some get it now, some get it later when I come back, but it's hard to remember to whom i sent what. Especially because i usually don't do that in a linear order, i usually go over the wishlists first, giving some bought and some free gifts as well as some artifacts, then later go and share whatever is left among the ones who didn't yet get anything. it's time-consuming, for sure, but i like to ensure i do the best i can to give everyone what they want as long as it's in my power to fulfill their wishes (often I don't have what the want, though, especially when t comes to items).

Another good thing would be if the "select a friend" window would show more people, like, for example, the neighbors window (which shows 21 at once and flips through the whole page instead of showing only 8 and flipping one by one). So you see, dear developer, the functionality is already there, you just need to copy and paste that piece of code into the place we need it to be. Should be simple enough.

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Oct 13, 13 1:28 PM
elena517 wrote:I'd like to have two separate tabs for mayan runes and beast runes in the backpack.
I know it sounds silly but... right now I'd need to see if I have enough beast runes to enter the blue dragon labyrinth, but they are all mixed up with the mayan ones; and I don't want to lose three keys just to enter the labyrinth and find out they're not enough. Not to mention if they were fire keys...

Elena, when I run into this problem I sometimes open the pink dragon so that I can check. There's no shortage of pink eggs to open that one with, so I don't feel bad wasting them, and usually I actually get around to feeding the pink dragon before the 24 hours is up anyway. (You can open more than one maze at the same time, so you can have a pink and blue one running simultaneously).

elena517
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by elena517 on Oct 13, 13 2:10 PM
That's true... Thanks

[Post New]by ttaravision on Oct 14, 13 9:46 AM
Dear Developers.

Can we get it so that we can battle while playing on the computer instead of just through FaceBook. Also, can you make it so we can win the prizes needed for the expeditions? I have not been able to find enough of everything to do expeditions unless I buy the necessary items with diamonds. For a free game, this option would help a lot of us out.

Also, I would like as others have stated to be able to give out more than 100 free gifts to neighbors a day. I have found that I need to give out relics or items in my backpack in order to give all my neighbors gifts for the day. And on the gifting screen, I would love to be able to go through the neighbors in an easier way. Scrolling through each neighbor in order to give gifts is frustrating.

missmoose
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by missmoose on Oct 14, 13 10:00 AM
Also it would be VERY NICE if we could put in the wishlist everything that is offered at the store (like ore, flint and dew, to cite just a few) and not only artifact pieces or artifact chargers.

[Post New]by ttaravision on Oct 14, 13 10:15 AM
I would also like Thorium Ore and Silicon Flints to be available on the wishlist items. We use a lot of these, but since you can't gift them to people noticing what they need, it would be best to put these and other items in the wish list area for the game.

missmoose
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by missmoose on Oct 14, 13 12:06 PM
And there is a bug of sorts that make some people not appear in the list that shows on the "select friends" window. I am not sure if this is the only reason (or even if it's at all connected with the bug), but the times i noticed people missing from the list i had sent a free gift, and later wanted to send something from the backpack or a bought gift and could not because the person wasn't in the "select friends" list. and i can't recall it with 100% of certainty, but i have the impression that it has also happened the other way around, ie, that i sent a bought gift or something from the backpack and then wanted to send a free one and couldn't for the same reason.

Edited: I just tested it again, I guess it happens only when we give the free gift first.

Edited on 10/14/2013 at 12:18:38 PM PST

[Post New]by zitronenfalter12 on Oct 20, 13 2:16 AM
I would like to add:

Can we have a quest note or something when one of our neighbors is starting an expedition?

missmoose
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by missmoose on Oct 20, 13 4:48 AM
That's a great idea Zitrone.
And I would like to suggest that the "help alarm" include not only expeditions but also the dragon feed thing, if possible. But yes, at least the expedition would be a must.

Edited: On a second thought, I understand that with so many creatures to be fed and so many neighbours, a "feeding alarm" could be very disrupting for the game experience, especially if we are in the middle of a very short-timed search and need our full concentration just to barely make it. lol
So I'd either suggest some sort of silent information for feeding dragons (a log or something) that requires we actively clicking in when we have the time to get the information and go there.
But because expeditions end so very fast (much before their allowed time, usually, i'd suggest some discreet sound or something in this line, that can do the trick without being too much disrupting.

Edited on 10/20/2013 at 5:32:47 AM PST

[Post New]by ttaravision on Oct 20, 13 5:07 AM
Dear Developers,

I think it would be a great idea to be able to go back to the Helping Creatures and Expeditions screens without having to log in each time. Every time I log in, I cannot go directly into my beastily runes. I just get the spinning icon and I am using FireFox as my browser.

Go to: