Tech Issues and answers

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Oct 13, 13 10:58 AM
When something doesn't work right after installing a game the answers the tech team gives is not always right. if only one or two people have a certain problem yes there may be a tech problem with the computer but when 10-20 people have a problem there is no need to update drivers, uninstall and reinstall and whatever they tell you to do they need to get ahold of the game provider and do something quick about these glitches or don't put the game out there until all problems are solved. Just had to get this off my chest because I want to play this game and I cant I hate getting all excited when a new game comes out and I have to wait

Re:Tech Issues and answers

[Post New]by Accola on Oct 13, 13 1:25 PM
Hi HookedonHOG,
I unfortunately just bought this game and it will not play for me at all. I click on the icon on my desktop then get a black screen for about one second and then nothing. I also am tired of the standard BF reply to go to a certain page to check drivers for problems with game locking, freezing, ect. I have a lot of games and never have problems and yes, all my drivers are up to date. I was looking forward to playing this game tonight, but instead will have to wait until tomorrow to "talk" to a tech. Makes me wonder if anyone checked this game before it was put up for sale. At least I have other games to play that I also bought today.

Have a great day, I'm going to play a game that works

Edited on 10/13/2013 at 1:25:35 PM PST

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

Tech Issues and answers

[Post New]by Giliraz on Oct 13, 13 1:30 PM
hookedonHOG wrote:When something doesn't work right after installing a game the answers the tech team gives is not always right. if only one or two people have a certain problem yes there may be a tech problem with the computer but when 10-20 people have a problem there is no need to update drivers, uninstall and reinstall and whatever they tell you to do they need to get ahold of the game provider and do something quick about these glitches or don't put the game out there until all problems are solved. Just had to get this off my chest because I want to play this game and I cant I hate getting all excited when a new game comes out and I have to wait

my thoughts too...

Edited on 10/13/2013 at 1:33:40 PM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 13, 13 1:53 PM
Hi everyone,

I wanted to quickly explain why we suggest some basic troubleshooting, even if a few people are experiencing a problem. First, that helps us rule out easier to fix issues as the culprit. If we can eliminate a few causes, then our Tech Support Team can jump into offering other suggestions and passing along information in order for the problem to be fixed. If we don't suggest basic troubleshooting steps, then we have no way of knowing what exactly is causing the problem, or where to begin looking. By ruling those out, it helps us with a process of elimination.

Second, we're unable to provide in-depth troubleshooting here on the forums like our Tech Support Team can provide. That's why we suggest some basic troubleshooting, then recommend contacting our Support Team if the issues persist. They can look at additional information like a Dr. Felix Report and dig into the problem further.

Even if an issue is occurring for a few players, the culprit may still be a similar software program or specific type of graphics card. Doing these basic troubleshooting steps helps us figure out if that's the case of if something else is going on.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

smokey735
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by smokey735 on Oct 13, 13 8:34 PM
Accola wrote:Hi HookedonHOG,
I unfortunately just bought this game and it will not play for me at all. I click on the icon on my desktop then get a black screen for about one second and then nothing. I also am tired of the standard BF reply to go to a certain page to check drivers for problems with game locking, freezing, ect. I have a lot of games and never have problems and yes, all my drivers are up to date. I was looking forward to playing this game tonight, but instead will have to wait until tomorrow to "talk" to a tech. Makes me wonder if anyone checked this game before it was put up for sale. At least I have other games to play that I also bought today.

Edited on 10/13/2013 at 8:34:49 PM PST

smokey735
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by smokey735 on Oct 13, 13 8:36 PM
smokey735 wrote:

akferret
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by akferret on Oct 13, 13 11:40 PM

This is what happens here as well, two secs maybe, then nothing, only this time it shut down in game manager, I never played it because ti doesn't work. Its very frustrating, I sent in a dr felix but I really think bf needs to do some quality control and not let anyone drop of any game and ask us to spend money when it doesn't work.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 13, 13 11:54 PM
Hi all, I can't speak for the "real" Beta testers, but I completed the Beta Survey for this game and had none of the technical problems posted here. Go figure
Cheers

[Post New]by joyjitti on Oct 14, 13 12:58 AM

Hello, I just bought this game and having the same issue as Accola.
It happens only when I play this game, please help me find a solution, thank you.

Running on Windows 7 32 bit

Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by Lilac13 on Oct 14, 13 1:36 AM
I'm having this problem w/ another BFG game, click in game manager, screen goes black and then game doesn't' play; opens to GM saying play again. Turns out when I updated my Avast anti-virus program, it now sees that game as contaminated or something. Don't have a fix yet but working on it and it's only that game (Grimm Reaper) that is affected.

Go to: