LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Technical Issues: Legacy: Witch Island

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Oct 14, 13 5:15 AM
I had to start a technical thread...since there was not one. I am having technical issues with the "Cut Scene's". They are blank...but they show the dialogue. This is the Third SE that will NOT play properly on my computer. I have over 800 games from Big Fish and I have never had this many problems with games.

I like the game...even though it's out dated and a bit old fashion. But, I would like to see the "Cut Scene's". I won't buy any game until the games are fixed.

Edited on 10/14/2013 at 8:39:35 AM PST

kangoods
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Technical Issues: Legacy: Witch Island

[Post New]by kangoods on Oct 14, 13 5:48 AM
I would really like to get this game but the scenes do not fit my screen the top is all cut off and I can not see what is being said. I also will not buy if they are not fixed lately that is taking a very long time.

katie546
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by katie546 on Oct 14, 13 6:06 AM
Hi all! I was enjoying the game till I bought it... I can't get it to install. Any ideas? Thanks katie

katie546
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by katie546 on Oct 14, 13 6:09 AM
Well, now I'm embarrassed... While I had my back turned it installed...

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Oct 14, 13 6:34 AM
I hope the tech guys can resolve your problems folks.
I haven't has a bit of difficulty with this game yet and am enjoying it.

First thing I would check is if you DirectX, your Flash and your Shockwave are all up to date.
I don't know which affect games and which other things, but it always seems to help.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Oct 14, 13 6:54 AM
kangoods, I couldn't get the game to fit on my screen no matter what resolution I used on my Mac. In the end I had to fire up my virtual windows, download the PC version and play from there!

Edited on 10/14/2013 at 6:55:11 AM PST

spenny1
Catfish
Catfish
1,637 Posts

[Post New]by spenny1 on Oct 14, 13 6:56 AM
Yup, mine is showing a blank screen for a while on the cut scenes, also massive lag going from one screen to another. Yes, everything is up to date.

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Oct 14, 13 8:16 AM
The boxes on the splash page are white. When I finally randomly clicked to go into the game, I just had a black screen with an image of earth below. The cursor turned into a magnifying glass on nothing. Took me 3 tries to exit the game because the boxes were all white.

serenity7x
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by serenity7x on Oct 14, 13 8:18 AM
I downloaded the game, and couldn't get past the first screen. all I could do was click on the cage. when I went to go to the other scenes[where the direction arrows are?], and no matter where on the screen I clicked, it just kept saying, I have to release the animal. couldn't go to the door in the tree, nothing.

I have been a bfg club member since 2006, and I must say, I have been VERY disappointed lately with the quality of games you let out. so many have tech issues lately, and always AFTER the first hour and you buy them. don't you people check these games first anymore?

and then there is the issue of games that are less than 400mb being allowed to sell as collectors editions. its like anybody can make a dinky little old game, and call it a collector's edition. don't you have some kind of guidelines for that? I cant see paying $14 for a game that isn't even 400 mb. and there have been quite a few lately that get away with calling themselves collector's editions, that have been like 500-600 mb.

really sad. this used to be a great place for getting games.

very disappointed in bfg.
sincerely
serenity7x

mistie4u
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by mistie4u on Oct 14, 13 8:21 AM
Everytime I go from one scene to another it freezes and I have to go to task manager to end task and it says Legacy witch island not responding. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, still the same thing. I would like my money back. Computer 6 months old.

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Oct 14, 13 8:42 AM
G'day!

LovetoMissLisa thank you so much for starting this thread for me, though I am sorry that you found reason to.

I see that you have had trouble with a few games recently, if you haven't done so already, please do reach out to Customer Support, I'm sure they'll be able to get to the bottom of this for you.

bfgMurrumbidgee

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Oct 14, 13 8:48 AM
My goodness. . .downloaded this game and, after pressing 'play', the game's screen told me my resolution is too low (resolution's on the highest available). I'm using Windows 8 (2.6 gigs, all drivers up-to-date, etc.). What in the world more could this game possibly want. . .or need!?!

skyepearl
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by skyepearl on Oct 14, 13 9:18 AM
serenity7x,

I, too, had the same issue as you. Had to free the animal & wasn't allowed to do anything else. I was stuck. Then I noticed (click & drag to highlight spoiler between the stars...) * in the inventory bar there are a knife & a lighter that are permanent items you can reuse! Use the knife on the cage & you can move on. It's not a tech glitch, it's just not something we are used to. * Hope that helps!

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Oct 14, 13 10:32 AM
This game will not load for me at all. I've installed and uninstalled twice with no success. This is very disappointing. And I agree with some of the other players on this thread, lately there seem to be a lot of technical problems with the games.

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by siscokid on Oct 14, 13 12:44 PM
Hmmmm....Second game in two days time that I have attempted to install. Game will install alright, but then I get a "pop up" that states, "WARNING Screen Resolution To Low." It appears to me that BF is randomly releasing games with severe glitches without regard to playability. And ALL for a corporate Buck. I have literally HUNDREDS of games that I have purchased from BFG, but lately things have definitely gone down the tubes as far as quality control.
And never mind about the blah blah blah aspect of OUR computers being at fault. I mean Really. Really?!?! It is so blatantly obvious that it is a bug or a glitch or some SNAFU that we can't ALL be having the same exact issues with our systems. Der da Der. Don't you guys have a testing system in check for these issues? Or are you just letting the game be released to meet a deadline? Trying my darndest to figure out why on earth you would release an inferior and UNPLAYABLE game?! And the second "new" release in as many as two days. Are you guys that hard up? Shame on you DEVS AND BF! A lot of folks are feeling the same way as I do, having read the threads. Y'all need to get it together or collectively....You will lose. Take heed, and mark my words when we all start cancelling our memberships, maybe just maybe you guys will get your stuff together and STOP releasing these embaressments. Most assuredly, a black mark towards your targeted audience. Are ya LISTENING??!!

kangoods
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kangoods on Oct 14, 13 1:42 PM
Thanks FundgeChi but I have the PC not Mac version installed it just does not work and what I could play of it I really liked. Bummer

moondances
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by moondances on Oct 14, 13 3:37 PM
Just wanted to quickly respond to Robsim and others having the 'low resolution' problem-I've been getting that, too, lately-So if you are not aware, you can right click on your screen (be sure you are NOT on the game screen) and adjust the screen resolution-You can then play the game, and when finished, just reverse the process-Yes, it is a pain to do and I am disappointed that BF isn't monitoring their games better-But at least you can play the game by doing this-Hope this helps-Happy gaming

alsmith
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by alsmith on Oct 14, 13 8:38 PM
Why are some of you so unhelpful?

You write that the game won't work on your resolution- why can't you put the resolution in your message to help other people? Is it because you don't know what your resolution is?

Some say they have Windows 8 and mention 3Gb memory- you really need AT LEAST 4Gb with 64bit WIN8, that's why your computer struggles. It's swapping things in and out of memory. If you run a few applications you soon get the message that Windows needs to close some. It's NOT the games fault if you don't have the real working minimum specification needed by the operating system. Upgrade your memory to 4Gb, or 6Gb then if you get problems it could be a game fault if all your drivers are up to date.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Oct 15, 13 1:08 AM
Wanted to play Mac version on my brand new, retina MBP. Latest OS X running Mountain Lion.

Tried every resolution my machine has, and it made no difference. Game looks huge on the screen, and could only see a quarter of what I should see. Had to keep going to stop the app running. One resolution popped up and said it was too low, but tried it anyway and game still humongous on the screen. Knew there was an issue when the BFG screen was do big the fishy wasn't in view.

There are no more settings I could find on my machine to sort this issue out.

Any ideas anyone please? Lost half of the trial hour stopping and starting the game..

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Oct 15, 13 1:18 AM
alsmith wrote:Why are some of you so unhelpful?

You write that the game won't work on your resolution- why can't you put the resolution in your message to help other people? Is it because you don't know what your resolution is?

Some say they have Windows 8 and mention 3Gb memory- you really need AT LEAST 4Gb with 64bit WIN8, that's why your computer struggles. It's swapping things in and out of memory. If you run a few applications you soon get the message that Windows needs to close some. It's NOT the games fault if you don't have the real working minimum specification needed by the operating system. Upgrade your memory to 4Gb, or 6Gb then if you get problems it could be a game fault if all your drivers are up to date.

Firstly thank you for your input, it's very helpful to those of us not so au fait with the inner workings of these necessary, but frustrating machines.

I don't think its a matter of being unhelpful. My Mac has 8Gb RAM, and the various screen resolutions you can set still don't make the game playable. Actually, it's not easy to see what the various settings are, and then to remember them when writing in this thread. The machine is brand new, so I expect with a few adjustments that a game will run and be playable. The fact that there are screen res issues on both Windows and Macs suggests its the game and not the machine that has issues.
If your computer savvy (which you obviously are), it would be helpful if you could tell me what else I can do to get this game to work please?
It looked interesting and would like to try it,

Go to: