FrauMeike
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

Upgrading the warehouse doesn't work

[Post New]by FrauMeike on Oct 15, 13 8:22 AM
Hey fishies,

I have trouble upgrading the warehouse to level 3.
I studied everything I could in the laboratory, but still can't upgrade the warehouse. The building doesn't even show up in the building menu. Neither do the drawers/shelves in the workshop menu that I need to do the upgrade. They completely disappeared from the menus.
All other upgrades on all other buildings worked well.

This seems to be a bug, at least many users on other sites report the same problem, but still there doesn't seem to be a solution. Did you find any workaround to upgrade the warehouse?

I'm not able to continue the game, as long as the warehouse can't be upgraded, it's the only open task, and I can't do anything else right now.
Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Meike

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Upgrading the warehouse doesn't work

[Post New]by sassylassie on Oct 15, 13 9:17 AM
I also played this game on another site and I had a problem with upgrading the warehouse from level 2 to 3. I made level 2 shelves and it still wouldn't let me upgrade the warehouse to level 3. I got this from another site:

"Phew finished the game finally! Love it but had to follow every instruction one by one >_<; dont do any upgrade before you're told to do so or the bug will bite you and you'll have to play from the beginning +__+. Its a cute game though i enjoyed it lol XD"

Thinking this may be the problem, I didn't feel like starting the game from the beginning in fear of running into that same glitch. And I had enough of the flying pigs, the knights and those reaper dudes. But I upgraded everything to level 3 except the warehouse. I agree with govegril that this game is a bit glitchy.

I couldn't upgrade it either and that's why I quit the game. There is a walkthrough on you tube but it's not very helpful as I looked. Luckily I didn't pay for the game cause I got it with my fun pass.

Lazeedragon
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Lazeedragon on Oct 16, 13 12:14 AM
thanks for the advise been reading some of the posts and found this one to be of great help for when i buy the game ^^

[Post New]by annsunny on Oct 16, 13 8:57 PM
Yes, thanks! I'm having the same problem.

nanekochan
Minnow
Minnow
261 Posts

[Post New]by nanekochan on Oct 16, 13 11:40 PM
I'm having the same problem. It isn't clear from others' posts whether they were able to upgrade the warehouse to level 3 at all if they tried to do it before the quest for it came up, but I had already upgraded it before then.

Interestingly, I did other upgrades to other buildings before the quest to upgrade it came up and they worked fine until now. That is, when the quest came up, it showed as completed.

I also have another quest at the same time that requires me to sell 5 units of wood. Unless trees aren't wood, this isn't working either. When I sell the wood, the counter doesn't count up.

Edited on 10/16/2013 at 11:46:40 PM PST

stingstungme
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by stingstungme on Oct 17, 13 2:28 PM
nanekochan wrote:I'm having the same problem. It isn't clear from others' posts whether they were able to upgrade the warehouse to level 3 at all if they tried to do it before the quest for it came up, but I had already upgraded it before then.

Interestingly, I did other upgrades to other buildings before the quest to upgrade it came up and they worked fine until now. That is, when the quest came up, it showed as completed.

I also have another quest at the same time that requires me to sell 5 units of wood. Unless trees aren't wood, this isn't working either. When I sell the wood, the counter doesn't count up.

The wood are planks which you build in the workshop.

Some say not to do things before you get the task.

I specifically remember getting a task to throw a grand show which is a level 3 in the circus soon after building my circus and throwing a level 1 lonely clown.

In order to throw the grand show, I had to upgrade the circus to level 3. Before I could do that, I had to upgrade a whole bunch of other buildings. But before I could do that, I had to study the classes for them first.

I'm guessing that task popped up way too early. Incidentally. it disappeared long before I actually threw the grand show. It took me hours to get the circus upgraded to level 3.

hb98rml
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by hb98rml on Oct 19, 13 8:49 PM
I couldn't update the varehouse to level 3 either.

I also had the same problem with the Grand Show quest as "stingstungme" had. The quest came way too early and was gone when I had finally done as it told me to.

Furthermore the giant tree didn't get out of my way after I moved the sheep for him, so I never got access to the area behind him.

I doubt any experienced players will sit and wait patiently until the quests tell you that you can now update this and that. So I think almost everyone who has played this game must have encountered some problems.

Edited on 10/20/2013 at 10:18:07 AM PST

[Post New]by stoneangeltattoo on Oct 20, 13 8:58 AM
Try selling level 1 planks, I sold 5 of those and it worked.

nanekochan wrote:I'm having the same problem. It isn't clear from others' posts whether they were able to upgrade the warehouse to level 3 at all if they tried to do it before the quest for it came up, but I had already upgraded it before then.

Edited on 10/20/2013 at 8:59:37 AM PST

DrDavid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by DrDavid on Oct 21, 13 9:15 AM
I received the quest to upgrade the warehouse to level 3 and while I had it open, I opened the workshop to see what I needed to make the shelves. Bad move. My computer locked up and I had to reboot. Now, after the reboot, I have none of the locked buildings which were there before the crash. I guess this means that one should not open two menus at once. Now I have no locked buildings and the only updates I can do are to buildings which were already unlocked. I made it to 36 characters and mainly only the stone houses and the warehouse are still level 2. And the game is prematurely over. The Unhappy Hereafter.

TJChipmunk
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by TJChipmunk on Oct 25, 13 8:38 PM
Can't do it. I even upgraded the workshop, and it will let me build level 3 of practically everything EXCEPT the drawers and shelves. I got rid of the wood quest, but another quest hasn't popped up. So I've only got one task the do, the level 3 warehouse, and can't do it. Lame and really annoying.

TJ

[Post New]by jillseraponas on Oct 26, 13 10:42 AM
I was able to upgrade the warehouse to level 3 (it has 2 stars), the problem is the task won't clear out. I still get other tasks, but only from the souvenir shop and the circus. Not sure how I upgraded the warehouse to level 3, because like a couple of you have said, I don't have the drawers and shelves (with 2 stars) to build either. Maybe I already did build those and used them to upgrade the warehouse to level 3, and that's why they aren't showing up again, but at any rate, I still can't clear out the task.

gypsy4191
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by gypsy4191 on Oct 29, 13 10:56 PM
hb98rml wrote:I couldn't update the varehouse to level 3 either.

I also had the same problem with the Grand Show quest as "stingstungme" had. The quest came way too early and was gone when I had finally done as it told me to.

Furthermore the giant tree didn't get out of my way after I moved the sheep for him, so I never got access to the area behind him.

I doubt any experienced players will sit and wait patiently until the quests tell you that you can now update this and that. So I think almost everyone who has played this game must have encountered some problems.

I thought it was just me, this game is so glitchy it's doing my head in, think they'll refund? It's ridiculous

HatesTimers
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by HatesTimers on Nov 5, 13 2:53 PM
It's very important NOT to upgrade the warehouse before getting and accepting the quest. (A quest isn't active until you accept it.) These are the only build/upgrade quests where the game won't recognize that you've already done it.

In one play-through I did everything I could before receiving the quest, except for upgrading the warehouse. The game recognized that all the build/upgrades had already been done once I accepted the quest for them. Only the warehouse quest is bugged.

(Quests that ask you to collect or make something won't start counting until after you've accepted the quest, so in that play-through I had to make another coach and magnet when I got those quests.)

Another odd thing about the warehouse upgrade is the first upgrade needs no-star shelves, and the second upgrade needs one-star shelves. With most buildings the no-star item is for building, the one-star item is for the first upgrade, and the two-star item is for the second upgrade.

jenikat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jenikat on Nov 8, 13 3:53 PM
Bottom line -
Has ANYONE figured out how to fix this? If not, I'm going to ask for a refund. I absolutely LOVE this game, but its now the 3rd time having to restart from the beginning....

[Post New]by rampage901 on Nov 18, 13 12:57 AM
i am stuck on the "upgrading the warehouse to level three" there are no shelves or drawers for level three upgrade in the workshop ive looked and looked and theres nothing there this must be a bug that the designer needs to fix ive gone as far as i can go and now im done not very happy with this game very frustrated with this

[Post New]by plc_47 on Nov 18, 13 6:43 AM
having the same problems with upgrade the warehouse to level 3 I contacted tech support and they gave me some things to try but they didn't work. what I am wondering is if the warehouse did upgrade but the quest just doesn't go away? did anybody notice how much room they had before they tried to upgrade the warehouse. I have room for 900 gold now but I didn't notice how much I had before. Also since that time the only quests I have received have been for the hotel maybe the game is done? Tech support did offer me a coupon code for a new game so it was worth contacting them.

[Post New]by kimberly7777 on Nov 18, 13 5:42 PM
300 is level 1, 600 is level 2 and 900 is level 3. If you look at what's required in the quest is says the Warehouse level 3 needs level 3 shelves. But when you look at the requirements in the laboratory, it says level 2 shelves. It upgrades with level 2 shelves and the quest never goes away. There are no level 3 shelves.

[Post New]by flammable55 on Nov 22, 13 8:58 AM
Same problem as everyone else, can't upgrade warehouse to level 3. I have researched and upgraded everything and count that as a victory.

[Post New]by kstormgemini on Nov 23, 13 5:41 AM
kimberly7777 wrote:300 is level 1, 600 is level 2 and 900 is level 3. If you look at what's required in the quest is says the Warehouse level 3 needs level 3 shelves. But when you look at the requirements in the laboratory, it says level 2 shelves. It upgrades with level 2 shelves and the quest never goes away. There are no level 3 shelves.

Same trouble here as everybody else.
So no news on a fix yet then? I spent a game credit on this... It's a fun game but if it's not a completed game, I'd just as soon have the credit back to go looking for one that works.

[Post New]by sunqist on Nov 24, 13 7:29 AM
Oh what the hell.

The warehouse quest was bugged the first time around, so after reading this thread (and reinstalling the game, just for kicks), I carefully played all the way through again without upgrading the warehouse until I actually got the quest. THE QUEST STILL WOULDN'T COMPLETE. Can we get a patch please? Just because I've played half the game twice doesn't count as getting my money's worth. Also, the fact that resource collection is buggy half the time doesn't help.

Go to: