bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

Post any The Happy Hereafter technical issues here!

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Oct 15, 13 9:07 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Post any The Happy Hereafter technical issues here!

[Post New]by sassylassie on Oct 15, 13 9:29 AM
This game came out way before it came here and a lot of the people are having problems upgrading the warehouse to level 3. I played the game like 3 weeks ago. Some have finished the game ONLY IF you do the tasks when they come up and not ahead of time. Like for example, I learned all of my lab research ahead of time before the pumpkin actually gave them to me, or I would forged items ahead of time. Then when the time came for me to upgrade my warehouse to level 3 I couldn't do it. I didn't have nothing in my build tab or my upgrade tab. I had done it all. Therefore that glitch struck and you couldn't upgrade the warehouse to level 3. I am not the only one with this problem. If you do a G O O G L E search and put the game's name and warehouse level 3 in the search box, you will see how many people are having this problem. I had all the necessary ingredients (like ore) to upgrade my warehouse and it still didn't let me. I really wish the devs would go in and render this situation. You can not complete the game if you can not upgrade the warehouse. I wasn't about to start a new game because I put in too many hours into that game which turned out to be a waste of my time because of that bug. And I wasn't about to keep fighting the flying pigs, reapers, and knights. That was turning the game very boring. You have beta testers, why don't the game developers use them. And if they do, the beta testers should do their jobs correctly instead of sending a game to market full of bugs. I beta tested 6 full version titles of RPG's, so I know beta testing isn't a hard job.

Edited on 10/15/2013 at 9:37:26 AM PST

granraven3
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by granraven3 on Oct 15, 13 10:26 AM
T-h-i-s g-a-m-e r-u-n-s s-o-o-o-o-o-o s-l-o-w

There doesn't seem to be anything about this problem on the help page. It runs. It lets me play, but it's hard to get anything done. Even the cursor moves like it's running through molasses.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Oct 15, 13 11:13 AM
Game downloaded without problems, but then crashed. I got a message on the screen that I should notify the manufacturer. In view of the other two comments on tech issues, I think I'll pass. Too bad, this looked like it might be fun.

lucyb24
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by lucyb24 on Oct 15, 13 4:40 PM
Having same problem. Downloaded fine, got past the developers and title, then and green screen with a cursor. Then nothing. Just music playing. Blank green screen is frozen but cursor isn't. I had to alt+esc to get out of it. Trying following instructions to run as administrator but not able to locate name of game in my program files which is odd because all my other games are there. I jealous of the people who are actually able to play at all.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 15, 13 5:19 PM
granraven3, if the game is running slowly like that, I'd typically recommend turning off the custom cursor. To do that, just click on the 'Menu' button and then 'Options' and uncheck 'Cursor.' This should help things run a bit more quickly.

dollyflower
and lucyb24 with display and crashing issue, I would suggest checking for updates on your computer. This will help the game communicate a bit better with the system. For assistance doing that, just click HERE.

If these suggestions don't work, the next step would be contacting our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can look into the issues further.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

sephira1
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by sephira1 on Oct 15, 13 5:21 PM
I am running windows 8 if that helps.. i got a great install game loads to past the title screens and mirball then a blank bluey green screen with music.. game is frozen..mouse moves but nothing happens.. this game looks very interesting to me i love sim games building games etc.. settlers series especially also B&W 1 &2.. please fix this issue so i can play the game

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Oct 15, 13 7:37 PM
Same problems as everyone else. It loaded painfully slowly; the custom cursor froze; the game crashed; Chrome crashed; and my computer crashed. All in all, I think that the game is, for me, unplayable.

lucyb24
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by lucyb24 on Oct 15, 13 8:02 PM
Exactly the same problem as sephira. Checked. My nvidia geforce is up to date. I receive windows updates at least twice a week. I am using windows 7. I am contacting tech support. I love this type of game and since they are few and far between, I'm disappointed I can't to play.

Auntydot
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Auntydot on Oct 15, 13 10:13 PM
Hi I have been having freezing issues with one of the hotel orders - I have had to completely shut down computer and restart - when I went back into game I had no problems with completing any of the other tasks but as soon as I clicked to collect the hotel order task, computer would freeze again - I have had to uninstall game and its reloading now so hope that fixes the glitch I am having

momniecy
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by momniecy on Oct 16, 13 4:23 AM
I purchased this game and now I'm having a download issue with this game. The error I'm getting is:

Unable to download bigfishgames_p194421978_s1_l1.exe from downloads.bigfish games.com Unable to open this internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.

My system info: Windows 7 premium, AMD Athlon II p-340 Dual-core processor 2.20 GHz, 64-bit operating system.

I did try what was recommended in the help section, and nothing has worked

Thanks,
Denise

momniecy
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by momniecy on Oct 16, 13 8:29 AM
I just wanted to give you an update:

I did do some searching and found out it was my controls for my internet browser that wouldn't let me download the program. Now that it's fixed, it downloaded fine.

Denise

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 16, 13 11:30 AM
Hello All,

If you're having issues with your game freezing or displaying weirdly, please check out this help article for tips on finding updates for your computer:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can do some investigation to help sort this out.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Oct 16, 13 12:59 PM
Way too slow and choppy - even when I reduce the graphics setting to its lowest setting. Such a pity.

[Post New]by Blooming_Lilac on Oct 16, 13 6:29 PM
I like the game, but it's lagging.

The character named Phil is stuck behind a wagon. I've tried moving him to the table to raise his happiness, but he just bounces back where he was. It shows I have six workers, including him. I don't know how to get around that glitch.

If the issues are fixed, I'll probably buy the game.

Edited on 10/16/2013 at 6:30:48 PM PST

stingstungme
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by stingstungme on Oct 16, 13 11:20 PM
What about sassy's issue about not being able to upgrade the warehouse? There are at least 2 threads on it in the forum and I have the issue as well.

Some say to do the tasks in order as they appear.
That doesn't help after the fact.

The game is faulty. Soon after upgrading my circus and engaging the level 1 lonely clown, I got a task to throw a level 3 grand show in the circus.

In order to throw a level 3 circus, I had to upgrade my circus from level 1 to level 3. You can't just check your wood supply and hit upgrade. Other buildings had to be upgraded first like the lab and workshop. You also had to study the upgraded skills.

I kept trying to save up enough to buy the classes and gather enough materials to upgrade every other building so I could do this task.

The task to throw a grand show which is level 3 VANISHED at least a couple of hours before I actually upgraded the circus and threw a grand show.
So the developers can't blame folks for getting ahead of themselves when they are getting a late quest early.

There is also a glitch with Anubis. Anubis is a crypt that you can mine blue gems for. Workers kept repelling from it. They wouldn't mine it until about the 30th time I sat my worker on it.

Edited on 10/17/2013 at 2:23:23 PM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 17, 13 2:27 PM
Blooming_Lilac and SilverBranch, I'd recommend turning off the custom cursor in the game. Often this will help things run more smoothly. To do that, just click on 'Options' and then make sure that 'Game Cursor' is unchecked.

If this doesn't work, I'd suggest contacting our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can help sort this out.

stingstungme, The issue with the warehouse has been escalated and we'll let you know when we have more information. In regards to your other comments, I'd recommend getting in contact with our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can take a look at what's happening here and help sort things out.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

HemiGamer
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by HemiGamer on Oct 17, 13 2:49 PM
I'm not having any problems with the game, very well done, my favorite kind of game, thanks. Just wanted you to know that I think some of your code is showing. When I hover over the produce in Conrad's Farm Level 2, this is the text above the picture of the food: strings:ids_buildingb5, I'm sure it's supposed to say something else, just an FYI.

nanekochan
Minnow
Minnow
261 Posts

[Post New]by nanekochan on Oct 17, 13 3:34 PM
singstungme has a good point. I too had that quest that required the level 3 circus and it took some time to get the point where I could fulfill it. However, I was able to fulfill this quest some time before the warehouse quest appeared. That quest didn't disappear on me. I wonder it it's because I played the game without closing down my game during that period?

It does require many other building upgrades to Level 3, that I didn't receive any specific quests for, so we players can't be blamed if we thought it was okay to go ahead and upgrade the warehouse without specific instructions.

I didn't have any problems with the Anubis quest.

I also saw the code that HemiGamer reported seeing.

[Post New]by Mystryx on Oct 17, 13 3:37 PM
I am also having the same problems as the others, downloads fine, brings up the developers screens and then I just get the blue screen with the custom cursor and music. You can not turn off the custom cursor because you can not get as far as the options screen. As soon ans the developers screens have finished is when the blue screen comes up, you don't even get to see the game title screen.

Go to: