bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Post Your Otherworld: Shades of Fall Collector's Edition Tech Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 17, 13 8:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Post Your Otherworld: Shades of Fall Collector's Edition Tech Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Oct 17, 13 3:20 PM
I hope this game is worth playing since I had to try five times before it would even try to download. I wish BF would not upgrade their game manager. I have had nothing but issues ever since they upgraded the game manager. It is not my computer since I have the same problem with any computer I try to download a game to. Not too happy at the moment.

Re:Post Your Otherworld: Shades of Fall Collector's Edition Tech Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Oct 17, 13 5:46 PM
Game froze twice so only got to play a few minutes & I've already uninstalled it! From what little I saw the game seemed a little dull, though I liked the talking cat. If the game don't work, I don't buy.
Since I pay money for these games I expect them to work. It seems every computer game has so many glitches. You would think that after all of this time the devs would be putting out much higher quality games.
Also, I can't be bothered with trying to have someone fix the glitch remotely & I NEVER uninstall then reinstall. So to recap, If the game don't work, I don't buy!!!

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on Oct 17, 13 9:20 PM
As posted in the thread "Unclear directions or glitch?", I've hit a glitch that's preventing me from playing the game.

I've gotten to the point in the game where there's an HOP in a baker's shop (third chapter, about the queen in the tree). However, nothing happens when I click on the correct areas of the picture; I'm absolutely sure I'm clicking in the right spots, as I've both checked the Strategy Guide and used a hint.
I've tried turning off the game cursor and using the system cursor, it doesn't help.

Not very happy with the idea that I'm probably going to have to reinstall and replay the first two chapters!

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 18, 13 1:24 AM
sionnach_dhu wrote:As posted in the thread "Unclear directions or glitch?", I've hit a glitch that's preventing me from playing the game.

I've gotten to the point in the game where there's an HOP in a baker's shop (third chapter, about the queen in the tree). However, nothing happens when I click on the correct areas of the picture; I'm absolutely sure I'm clicking in the right spots, as I've both checked the Strategy Guide and used a hint.
I've tried turning off the game cursor and using the system cursor, it doesn't help.

Not very happy with the idea that I'm probably going to have to reinstall and replay the first two chapters!

I think you may be misunderstanding what you're supposed to do. There are items along the bottom of the screen which have to be put back into the matching sections of the pastry counter; put the slices of cake back to make a whole cake and pastries back with others of the same type.

It's not a 'find a part of the picture that matches' puzzle, it's 'put items back where they belong'

feegee
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by feegee on Oct 18, 13 7:42 AM
The game will not download! It keeps asking me for a security key code.....I have uninstalled/reinstalled 3 times already. The demo played great! The first try after purchase asked for a key code then said error 703.....I went through all the "steps" given under that error code, then uninstalled/reinstalled....same thing all 3 times...So much for the "Third times a CHARM" malarkey.....

After the latest----4th---uninstall/reinstall....After asking for a security key code and not receiving it, it is telling me Error 802 and will not activate.

I have the other two games in this series and would really love to know/play it through until the end, please help!

Brenda519
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Brenda519 on Oct 18, 13 10:55 AM
Had to reinstall the game because it would not launch. After reinstall it launched but all clues and inventory items have disappeared. The developers need to fix this glitch because based on other posts other fishies are having the same issue.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 18, 13 11:39 AM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing in your games.

Kayen59, If you've been having trouble with the Big Fish Games app (formerly the Game Manager), it might be worth a try to uninstall and reinstall that program.

nontechiegrannie, often when a game is freezing like that, it's an indication that there's an upgrade for the software on your computer that may help that move more smoothly. I can understand if you'd rather not be bothered with that, but if you'd like some assistance checking for updates, just click HERE. Also, if you do decide to uninstall and reinstall your games, there's no need to worry about losing progress, as that's saved in a different location from the game files.

If these suggestions don't work, the next step would be to get in contact with our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can do some research and help sort through the issues.

Hello feegee, since the game is asking for a security key, I'd recommend getting in contact with our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can help you out.

Brenda519, since you've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, I'd also recommend touching base with our Tech Support Team so we can investigate what's happening here.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

feegee
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by feegee on Oct 18, 13 12:55 PM
@ BfgDeveron.......THANQUE! I already sent them this message, and a BFG Tech created a "Dr. Felix" zip file attachment. So, I'm just waiting on a response---hopefully I will get a solution or a reply before everyone clocks out for the weekend!

However....I MUST acknowledge and thank you <THANQUE>

1.THANQUE for NOT GUESSING what the problem "might be/could be/sounds like etc." and then having me do a lot of time consuming and needless tinkering with my computer.

2. THANQUE for sparing me the frustration and time by simply telling/suggesting that I get in touch with the BFG TECH's and let them try and help me.
I hope you have a terrific weekend! #SSKH

FeeGee
#SmoochySmackKissyHug

Edited on 01/13/2014 at 4:26:53 AM PST

Brenda519
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Brenda519 on Oct 18, 13 3:40 PM
I've also contacted technical support and attached a Dr. Felix report. Also waiting for a reply.

Keep on swimmin'

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 22, 13 4:35 PM
feegee and Brenda519, Thanks for letting me know and for the feedback. I hope your issues are resolved quickly!

bfgDeveron

leigh8478
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by leigh8478 on Oct 23, 13 4:48 PM
Just upgraded to Maverick and now the game no longer functions. It will launch, but in something less than full screen and none of the controls appear to work. I have to force quit out.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 24, 13 1:25 PM
Heya leigh8478,

HERE'S a handy article to help with Mac troubleshooting. I'd suggest checking out the section about the game crashing, freezing, or not displaying correctly.

If that game is still not working properly, our dedicated Mac Support Team would be happy to offer assistance with sorting this out.

I hope this is resolved for you quickly!

bfgDeveron

iamalulu
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by iamalulu on Oct 30, 13 1:31 PM
I have just finished the game...it was awesome, but I have a problem, I obtained ALL of the achievements EXCEPT that the "Win All Achievements" is not showing. Are there some hidden achievements or is this truly a glitch? Thanks.

Annateia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Annateia on Oct 31, 13 5:54 AM
In the epilogue, there are doors that require putting tokens in. The tokens for the smith (hammer) and selkie (the ball) cannot be put in and the game does not proceed.

[Post New]by treehugger132 on Nov 12, 13 5:53 PM
I've been enjoying the game, but I got stuck at the point where you have to set the four runes to match the clue, and then the bridge deploys so you can cross. The problem is: I've repeatedly set the four runes to match the clue, but nothing happens. The bridge doesn't deploy. I can't continue playing the game until the bridge deploys, but it isn't responding.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

MrsBrew
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by MrsBrew on Nov 25, 13 9:23 AM
I can't pick up the coin after the chess game. What do I do?
LB

Missing Dagger in epilogue

[Post New]by emmie86 on Nov 30, 13 5:59 AM
Hi all could really use some help. I'm playing the epilogue and while the full game was fine to play the epilogue has been super slow and glitchy. Most of the issues I can play through however I'm at the point where to get sap from the tree however the walkthrough says to use the dagger and since the main game I no longer have this item in my inventory? But it should be there is there anything I can do?

Epilogue issues...

[Post New]by Sukimulle on Dec 7, 13 3:36 PM
Hey, Im also at the epilogue, and missing the dagger in my inventory is there an update coming or something that'll make it possible to complete the game?

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by iamshiva on Feb 7, 14 3:28 PM
won't open game

Go to: