albertm1
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

length of game

[Post New]by albertm1 on Oct 17, 13 8:47 AM
seems like a short game for the money - quick play through demo, anyone have an idea on length game and estimate time to play

Re:length of game

[Post New]by woodspinner on Oct 17, 13 9:03 AM
The only way to accurately gauge the length of game play for each different player requires a walkthrough. A strategy guide is not as accurate. The length of time it takes one person to play a game does not, in any way, indicate how long it will take you to play the game. Sorry, but you need to wait for the SE and then decide which, if either to buy.

albertm1
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by albertm1 on Oct 17, 13 9:37 AM
thanks for that educational comment, however, all I want to know is how long it took some to play the game - I think there are eights chapters, just so I have some idea

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

length of game

[Post New]by shorenuf on Oct 17, 13 10:31 AM
albertm1 wrote:seems like a short game for the money - quick play through demo, anyone have an idea on length game and estimate time to play

One of the achievements is for finishing the game in less than 6 hours -- that would indicate to me there is plenty of play time to the game.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Oct 17, 13 3:30 PM
albertm wrote:thanks for that educational comment, however, all I want to know is how long it took some to play the game - I think there are eights chapters, just so I have some idea

Hi Albert - I played using 'Hardcore' mode. I didn't use the strategy guide and I didn't (couldn't) use any hints or any skips on puzzles. Playing the regular game took me 8.5 hours and I loved every minute. The puzzles aren't that difficult, but playing hardcore doesn't give you a lot to go on. So if you're looking for a game that lasts longer than a few hours, I suggest you play this one on hardcore. I am an expert player and am pleased with the results that hardcore gives. There are a few back bar hints, but that's all - just a few.

Hope this helps you in evaluating the game. I totally think its worth it.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 18, 13 1:28 AM
I played on Advanced mode and took just under 5 hours to finish the main game. Still got the bonus chapter to complete so maybe another 45 mins to an hour.

Plenty long enough for me

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Melymc on Oct 19, 13 9:56 PM
I, for one, am grateful to all who answered the original question! Now I have a better idea of if, I want to buy this game or not. I enjoyed the others in the series, but the demo started out kinda slow for me on this one. But, with the special, I may go ahead. Thanks again!

Kashmiraka
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Kashmiraka on Oct 21, 13 9:20 AM
It took me almost 5 hours on advanced mode, plus about an hour on the bonus game and no skips the entire game. I rarely buy collector's edition games but I love this series and this game was awesome!

Go to: