crestedwave
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

freezing up

[Post New]by crestedwave on Oct 17, 13 8:43 PM
several times I went to play the hidden object scenes and they would freeze up me and I lost a lot of energy and never got it back cant you fix it so it doesn't freeze up

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

Re:freezing up

[Post New]by eli173 on Oct 18, 13 4:22 AM
Same here, I hadn't played in a couple of days and when I returned I went to the Chicago bar and after a couple of questions ( it was in picky shopper mode) it froze and I couldn't even reboot- I had to switch my PC off. I'm level 42 and so far I never had this problem.

crestedwave
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by crestedwave on Oct 18, 13 4:51 AM
yes I never had that problem before until I reached level 40 I am on level41 now

[Post New]by hanneea on Oct 21, 13 12:44 AM
I´ve had the same problem 4 times in 25 minutes. I had to press CTRL, Alt + Delete in order to get out of the game and when I get back I lost my energy but didn't get any experience or items for my collections. Getting pretty frustrated. Is that what I get for the money I spent buying gold? Really? There should be some kind of compensation. It's really bad for BF and the game developer's reputation, when they launch a game that obviously isn't ready for the market!
This game is loaded with errors ( This is only one of the errors I have experienced and when I read the forums there isn't many answers from BigFish, but a lot of answers from other BigFish Costumers. Thanks to my fellow players and shame on BigFish! I am seriously thinking about deleting my BigFish- membership! Where is the SERVICE in costumerservice?

ann2013
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by ann2013 on Oct 21, 13 11:05 PM
I agree with you totally I have had this happen to me and it has cost me a stack of money. I get soooo fustrated!!!! And I agree this is supposed to be a free game but BF has had more money out of me than on any other hidden object games I have payed for. You definitely dont get any help or suggestions from BF and they dont refund you your lost energy. Really BF buck up or you are going to lose a lot of members. Or maybe you have so many you dont care. Sorry but this is how I feel.

[Post New]by hanneea on Oct 22, 13 12:03 PM
Last night I wrote BigFish costumerservice and all I got was a standard mail with some advices for troubleshooting. I tried one of them and now I can't even start the game!
Now I am really ...... frustrated. What kind of business is this? Of course I wrote back. And the next time I expect a personal answer.

dddggggddd
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dddggggddd on Oct 22, 13 2:33 PM
ok I have had the problem several times and I not even up to level 30 very frustrating when it costs so much in resources to play and then you loose them and the collectables as well

fuzhed
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by fuzhed on Oct 22, 13 3:10 PM
I figure I've lost over 2000 experience points due to freezing...mainly at Margaret's house in "Picky Shopper" mode. I love the premise of this game, but what a piece of CRAP!!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Oct 24, 13 4:36 PM
Yesterday I had another freezing incident- again in picky shopper mode-, lost energy, had to restart PC. I think this is becoming more and more common and I hope that it is fixed before the update comes out. I'm level 43 and use PC win 7 (64). Mods pls respond. Thank you.

[Post New]by mellowtraumatic on Oct 24, 13 6:41 PM
That picky shopper mode is glitchy. I've had one freeze (knocks on wood) and that's when it happened. I also noticed the achievement related to picky shopper rarely updates. I've been stuck at 3 for a long time and I know I've played that mode way more than that. I'm almost at level 30.

If anyone is on Facebook, just go to the Boomzap Entertainment page and mention your freezing problems on there. They do seem to read and respond to most of the posts on a fairly regular basis there. At least you know they'd be well aware of the problem that way.

mguthrie
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by mguthrie on Oct 26, 13 2:30 PM
I have now had the game freeze up four times (I believe each time in "picky shopper" mode). It really destroys the fun factor to lose all that energy and the items that could have been won.

dddggggddd
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dddggggddd on Oct 29, 13 6:40 PM
mellowtraumatic good point thank you for the comment that the picky shopper doesn't update I have found that as well. Intersting game normally I don't use the forums however I have experienced some frustration with this game but love the overall concept considering I am not a HOGer

[Post New]by Dingo25 on Oct 31, 13 5:45 AM
I also have the same problem, that everyone else has. No matter what city you play Picky Shopper in, it freezes up. Not only did I lose the energy it takes, I lost everything else. It freezes after the second question every time. I'm only on level 37. I've already restarted this game because of issues that I had. I'm about ready to stop my BF game subscription. Maybe one of these days, they'll get it fixed.

Cisdaman
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by Cisdaman on Oct 31, 13 6:17 AM
So I finally had the game freeze on me during on of the Picky Shopper scenes and, like everyone else, had to turn off the computer to get out of it. Having said that, I noticed it was on a city I was at Master level in, and I remember someone else saying that it froze on them in a city they had mastered.

I'm only one level away from maxing out my Picky Shopper achievements, so I thought I would ask if anyone has had an issue with the game freezing up during Picky Shopper in a city you haven't mastered.

fuzhed
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by fuzhed on Oct 31, 13 7:06 AM
I have had it happen to me NUMEROUS times in cities I haven't yet mastered. In fact, I have been unable to master Margaret's house because I can't make it through the "Picky Shopper" mode there without freezing. Sick of wasting my money on this game.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Oct 31, 13 7:40 AM
Cisdaman wrote: I'm only one level away from maxing out my Picky Shopper achievements, so I thought I would ask if anyone has had an issue with the game freezing up during Picky Shopper in a city you haven't mastered.

Yes, the 2-3 freezing incidents I had were all in cities I haven't mastered. I remember because I played those HOSs specifically to get some items and thus the blow was a hard one for me!

ETA: I just remembered, though, that since then I have played a couple of HOSs in picky shopper mode which didn't freeze, so you may still have a chance to max out your PS achievement!

Edited on 10/31/2013 at 7:47:07 AM PST

Bunnysevil
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Bunnysevil on Oct 31, 13 8:54 PM
Not a day goes by that I don't freeze up, screen goes black or glitch. Have to restart my computer. They said to use Dr. Felix. Don't waste your time. I'm tired of losing energy, etc. Lost a lot of money.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Nov 7, 13 2:59 AM
This has occurred for me as well. I've isolated the problem to playing PSM twice in a row. The first time I play it is fine, if I go to another city and attempt to play in PSM immediately after playing the first, it crashes. If I exit the game and re-open it is fine. Also, it appears to be okay if I play a different mode between the PSM scenes, but I don't like taking that chance so I only play one PSM before exiting the game.

evetruth
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by evetruth on Nov 7, 13 8:14 PM
I have the same problem . Lost energy after it freezes up .

Go to: