Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Reviews for Surface: The Pantheon

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 18, 13 3:42 AM
Starting the thread as there is none.

Edited on 10/18/2013 at 11:43:43 AM PST

Re:Reviews for Surface: The Pantheon

[Post New]by baglady159 on Oct 18, 13 5:26 AM
I bought the CE during a 2 for 1 sale and am playing it now. I'm enjoying it for several reasons. The puzzles are different than the norm and interesting and the HOS are interactive, some with your inventory.

During most games I get bored with the conversation but this story is actually interesting. A train goes into a tunnel and never comes out. You've missed the train and your husband and daughter, who were on the train, are lost. Your mission, if you choose to accept it ( sorry, had to say that), is to find them. The graphics are great too.

There are flowers to collect along the way but I'm not sure why yet. And since I'm still playing, I can't comment on the bonus game but according to reviews in the CE thread, its quite long...which is the only reason (usually) that I will buy a CE. I have never been able to justify paying double for a game in which the bonus game is only an hour long. I wouldn't pay that price for an hour long SE.

So there you have it. I know it's short but for what it's worth, I never have reviewed a game but since no one else has jumped on here, I thought I'd give it a try.

adrienne1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by adrienne1 on Oct 18, 13 7:45 AM
Thank you for the comprehensive review which was really good considering it was your first. I'd never have guessed if you hadn't said

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 18, 13 9:27 AM
Thanks for getting this started!

What do you think of Surface: The Pantheon? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the Surface: The Pantheon page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgDeveron

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 18, 13 9:28 AM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

(For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.)

Thank you!

bfgDeveron

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Oct 18, 13 11:22 PM
Everything about this game is Pachyderm at its best except for the hints that tell you exactly what to do. As soon as I started the demo, I thought it would be a definite buy, but with that kind of hint, now I don't know. I need a hint every now and then, even when there's an interactive map, but IMO "go here and do this" is too much hand holding. What a disappointment.

Edited on 10/19/2013 at 1:47:39 AM PST

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Oct 21, 13 4:10 PM
WOW! r u wondering how a non CE game can get 5 stars? Well, dont wonder, go buy, go exchange, and YES ITS THAT GREAT

Non CE, CE worthy games are rare and this is one of them

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Dec 24, 13 2:25 AM
This is a great game.
The graphics and visuals are phenomenal.
The soundtrack is excellent.
The storyline is unique as is its implementation.
Puzzles were unique and challenging.

It's fun and better than a lot of CEs.

I highly recommend it.

catsrobe
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by catsrobe on Jan 19, 14 7:38 PM
This is one of THE BEST GAMES I've played in all the years I've been playing on B.F. The H.O.Games require you to choose an item from your inventory to then be added to the correct object to reveal another needed item. It also requires you to actually leave the scene altogether to retrieve a necessary item from another area before returning to the scene. Of course I needed to use the help button for most of those unfortunately.

The acting and voice overs were believable. The graphics and storyline made complete sense. The puzzles were hard and I skipped a lot of them. I liked the hint because it told me exactly what to do. I kind of felt like I was cheating but I got frustrated and had to use the hints.

As many games as I've played I was hoping that one day I could at last choose the hardcore mode. But, alas I'm still at the advanced mode. Sigh! I can still hope! Buy this game!!!! It's wonderful and challenging.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jan 20, 14 4:17 PM
this game was just ok for me

batgirl25
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by batgirl25 on Jan 29, 14 2:33 PM
This is by far the BEST game I have ever played! The story line, graphics, music, the challenge of the game and the length exceeded my expectations. Thank you Elephant Games and BFG for a fantastic game!

Go to: