bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Post Your Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Beanstalk Collector's Edition Tech Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 19, 13 9:10 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Re:Post Your Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Beanstalk Collector's Edition Tech Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 19, 13 9:13 AM
I always want to make a quick note, for those of you who are Mac users: you may experience an issue where, when you close the game, your screen will shift an inch or two upwards. The developers are aware of this, and are currently working to get that resolved.

If you experience this issue, please follow these steps for the temporary work-around:

1. Open the ‘Apple’ menu at the top left corner of your screen
2. Select ‘System Preferences.’
3. Under the ‘Hardware’ section, click the ‘Displays’ icon.
4. From the ‘Display’ tab, please change the resolution to something like 1024x768.
5. After doing this please change it back to your preferred resolution

For more information about screen resolution, check out our help article below:

Screen Resolution

Thanks!

bfgDeveron

Edited on 10/19/2013 at 9:13:42 AM PST

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

Re:Post Your Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Beanstalk Collector's Edition Tech Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by PTBT on Oct 19, 13 7:04 PM
Hi bfgDeveron, not sure if anyone else has experienced this. I always turn off the music and some of the cutscenes in main and bonus "lost" their voice-overs.

Also, if there are achievements, where is the button for them so you can view how well you did? Maybe I missed it but didn't see anything that would let me see how well I did on the egg hunt, except in-game.

ETA: I should have said, where is the egg room? After I wrote, I remembered that there weren't actually any achievements in this game. Sorry for the misinformation!

ETA: found egg room (duh, right in front of me) BUT you have to be in the game as far as I can tell. Is there another way to view the room? Why isn't it on the Extras menu?

Edited on 10/20/2013 at 8:23:17 AM PST

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Oct 19, 13 10:32 PM
I too also lost all audio during main game and again in bonus game.

PTBT said, "Also, if there are achievements, where is the button for them so you can view how well you did? Maybe I missed it but didn't see anything that would let me see how well I did on the egg hunt, except in-game."

There are no achievements to see how well you did. I don't know if I fell one short or found them all. Actually, this was quite lame IMHO...why bother having you collect them?

[Post New]by cyclonetracey65 on Oct 20, 13 3:06 AM
Hi, this brand new game will not go widescreen, very disappointing!!

[Post New]by judygoodfellow on Oct 20, 13 1:27 PM
One of the two mosaic tiles disappeared when I added it to the mosaic in the cottage and no bed appeared - in the bonus game

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Oct 21, 13 1:15 PM
Bought the game untested, hopefully tomorrow the Game Manager will condescend to open so that I can download this game.

JennieGee
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by JennieGee on Oct 21, 13 7:12 PM
cyclonetracey65 wrote:Hi, this brand new game will not go widescreen, very disappointing!!

I am also experiencing this problem. Clicking the widescreen button makes no difference to the game's appearance. Definitely disappointing!

[Post New]by scarygame_lvr on Oct 21, 13 11:51 PM
I have downloaded this game but get a blank screen everytime I click play. I can hear the music going but black screen. I have tried every screen resolution that I have and still nothing... always hear the music but nothing on the screen please help thx

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 22, 13 2:34 PM
Hello All,

If you're experience trouble with the sound cutting out, it would be really helpful if you'd email our Tech Support Team so we can collect data about that.

If the game isn't switching to widescreen or you are experiencing display issues, I'd recommend checking for updates on your computer to make sure everything is communicated as well as possible. For assistance doing that, just click HERE.

cherbtoo, I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the Big Fish Games app (formerly the Game Manager) to see if we can get that working for you.

If these suggestions don't work, the next option would be contacting our Tech Support Team so our helpful Reps can lend a hand to help sort these issues out.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

Edited on 10/22/2013 at 2:35:09 PM PST

judimose
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by judimose on Oct 22, 13 4:54 PM
I'm playing on a PC using Windows 8.1. But that doesn't seem to bother any of the other games I play. I get about 2-3 minutes into the sample game, and my cursor disappears. I have to reboot to get out of the game. This has happened 3 different times.

[Post New]by suzzie6043604 on Oct 22, 13 10:04 PM
I can't find the last piece of the been stalk

Brenda519
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Brenda519 on Oct 24, 13 3:38 PM
Bought the game. I'm running Windows 7 on a PC and half way through chapter 2 the cursor died. Nothing I've tried will bring the cursor back to life. Any suggestions?

alaskan22
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by alaskan22 on Nov 24, 13 4:51 PM
Hi Deveron, It seem some of us players, me included, have not received the magic sling parts when using the spinning wheel spokes. Therefore, we are stuck.

alaskan22
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by alaskan22 on Nov 25, 13 6:44 PM
alaskan22 wrote:Hi Deveron, It seem some of us players, me included, have not received the magic sling parts when using the spinning wheel spokes. Therefore, we are stuck.

I'm using Windows7 on a PC.

[Post New]by sweethartrose on May 19, 14 6:11 AM
The game just come out for ipad. It not showing in App Store.

[Post New]by 1Chipmunk2 on Jun 14, 14 6:03 AM
Am playing on an iPad II. Crashes constantly. Very frustrating.

Go to: