emiddleton
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

So frustrated

[Post New]by emiddleton on Oct 20, 13 3:19 PM
I am this close to being able to do my first expedition. And that little twerp Billy won't give me the bags of dry. I only need five! I could buy them but you have to have 10 gems and I only have 8!!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm out of conjuring to get him back. UGH double ugh!!!!

Re:So frustrated

[Post New]by ttaravision on Oct 20, 13 3:21 PM
I know your frustration. I actually found my bags, but now need the metal things from helping neighbors with Billy. Ugh I still need a ton of them. I realized too late in this offer. I guess I will not be doing my first expedition. I was really looking forward to it. I have used 15 summoning scrolls, and only got 4 Billys. The rest were jugglers and mimes.

emiddleton
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by emiddleton on Oct 20, 13 3:29 PM
Exactly. And if I'm not mistaken you need 50 of those things you're talking about.

[Post New]by ttaravision on Oct 20, 13 3:44 PM
Yep, and I have about 35 I think. My game just froze up, so I don't know exactly how many I have and the only way to get them is to explore in Paris. I'm hoping to level up so I have full energy and can start exploring. But I think I'm way too late now.

missmoose
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by missmoose on Oct 20, 13 4:09 PM
those things of which you need 50 are from helping neighbors when you visit them, there are plenty of billies on their manors, for them you don't need the scroll or Paris.
but for the other stuff, yes. i only got 2 billies on Paris. i got more than 50 of those metal things but no way i can get the rest needed to finish the quest and make my very first expedition. :/ i'd gift you the 15 you're lacking if i could, tara.

[Post New]by ttaravision on Oct 20, 13 4:18 PM
Missmoose,

Don't worry about it. I will start the next offer right away so I don't miss out. I'm too tired and have to go to sleep. Dealing with our internet company has me stressed out too much. I was on the phone with them for about 3 hours today while they were researching my issue. And I have called them everyday since the 9th when we started having problems. They sent 3 technicians out and they couldn't find anything wrong. Tomorrow I have to pick up our new modem. Hopefully it works and I can start massive gifting without being kicked off. And massive play time of course. I hope a new offer starts tomorrow or the day after. I am going after it!

Edited on 10/20/2013 at 4:25:20 PM PST

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Oct 20, 13 5:34 PM
ttaravision and missoose,

Once the computer problems are fixed, I'd suggest letting us all know, and try the expedition for the Magic Gates instead of one of the special expeditions, as you can do it at any time. It will give you a limited time to explore, but it's still fun, and gives you experience doing expeditions. Just look up what you need first, so that we can make sure you have it.

emiddleton
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by emiddleton on Oct 20, 13 6:02 PM
WOOHOO!!!! I just lucked out. I went to play runes since I figured I would just give up on being able to play the expedition. And I won some gems in there! So I can buy the other bags I needed. Try playing in Runes and maybe you can get enough gems to buy those metal things.

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Oct 20, 13 6:31 PM
The "metal things" are called emergency flares, I believe - glad you found diamonds so that you could get the heavy bags!

EweJoy
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

[Post New]by EweJoy on Oct 20, 13 10:03 PM
I still don't know how you all are getting this stuff. When billy is around I can't get anything from him.

[Post New]by zitronenfalter12 on Oct 21, 13 12:48 AM
The 50 emergency flares were pretty easy because the billy on neighbors places drops them a lot. Took me 2 days to get them

[Post New]by ttaravision on Oct 21, 13 2:08 PM
So I wasn't able to log in until just now. Our internet has been down since yesterday!! They are sending a technician out tomorrow morning to supposedly fix the problem. This will be the 4th one they have sent. I went and picked up the new modem they said we needed and after that I have been down for about 4 hours just now it popped up. So I will probably be kicked off soon. I will keep logging in as long as I'm online. I probably wasted dragon eggs and keys. I think I was started on the icy dragon yesterday. So frustrating.

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Oct 21, 13 4:28 PM
So sorry you're continuing to have problems, Tara! Hopefully all will be resolved soon, and your internet provider will give you some sort of credit for your inconvenience.

We'll all still be here when you get back - no worries!

EweJoy
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

[Post New]by EweJoy on Oct 21, 13 5:13 PM
that sucks like a big black hole! Still gifting you and can't wait until you're back up and running!

[Post New]by ttaravision on Oct 22, 13 7:04 AM
I'm back up for now. The technician is coming in a little while. So I will be back down while he tests everything. And hopefully he can fix it. I started playing at around 2:30 this morning. Yep, couldn't sleep. So I just played and opened the gazebo. But now I finished about 4 quests there. And it isn't giving me anymore. The last one was for the blue thing. Which took me a long time to get. I had to do it like 10 times just for the blue teardrop thing. And I already had 3 in my backpack from the other quests earlier in the gazebo. So I have to say all these people that are trying to get items for their quests without doing the work, it doesn't help. I still have 3 of the blue teardrops. So, what is said back in the forum from a couple days ago, it is very true. You have to do the work yourself. I notice a lot of people ask for stuff. It has to be done during the quest I believe. No short cuts in this game.

For dragon feeding in the runes, or I should say when you log in or restart your game, are there only a certain number of times you can feed your neighbor? I know it is one time per dragon. But if I start a new game of runes, can they be fed by neighbors because it is a different dragon? And the grayed out ones, are they ones I already fed? It is so confusing at times.

[Post New]by zitronenfalter12 on Oct 22, 13 9:00 AM
Its not one time per dragon but one time per game day... You can feed a dragon shortly before day changes and 10 minutes later again if the day change is inbetween
To start a new maze doesn't help. When I fed your first dragon I won't be able to feed the second...

Edited on 10/22/2013 at 9:01:33 AM PST

[Post New]by ttaravision on Oct 22, 13 12:39 PM
Zitron,

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I just wanted to let every one know, I'm supposed to stay online now. The technician came out and replaced cables, added a splitter and some fitting. So now I shouldn't have anymore problems with my internet. The game on the other hand, hopefully won't freeze. I have tons of stuff to catch up on from being offline all day.

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Oct 22, 13 1:20 PM
Tara,

Game is having its normal "pauses that do NOT refresh....."

However, hope that your internet problems stay fixed for you -

[Post New]by ttaravision on Oct 22, 13 3:21 PM
It took from 11am-2:30pm for them to fix our internet. Luckily it hasn't went down again. Maybe it is really fixed!! That would be great. They did credit me back to the 9th when I first started having problems. And they fixed it for free, as they should. It wasn't our fault the cable connected to the top of the telephone pole was the problem. Like we would really go up there. Some things are just odd.

I'm so excited about this new Halloween offer. I'm making some headway. Finally an offer I can do.

Go to: