ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

How to beat the Level 2 developer record

[Post New]by ShazPG on Oct 20, 13 5:43 PM
Following this method, I finished level 2 in 88.4 seconds - almost a full second faster than the developer record of 89.3 seconds.

For those who prefer to see rather than read, you can find the video on YouTube by searching for "The Tiny Tale - Level 2". If it doesn't come up for you in a search, send me a PM and I'll give you the direct link (I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to post it in the forum).

1. Immediately build the first house to the right of the tree house.
2. While it's being built, click on the top mana on the left, the RIGHT pumpkin patch, then the LEFT pumpkin patch.
3. As soon as the first gremlin reaches the treehouse with the mana, click on the Fast Harvest Spell (you will only need to use it once).
4. As soon as the second gremlin reaches the treehouse with the pumpkin, click on the pile of logs trapping the gremlin in the lower right.
5. Click on the remaining mana on the left, and when the logs are almost clear, click on the steak on the right (the trapped gremlin will grab it as soon as he's free).
6. Gather two pumpkins, then click on the first set of logs in the lower left (in the set of two logs) then the top mana near the second house.
7. As soon as the first mana is collected, click on the second one below it.
8. Collect two pumpkins, then click on the second house and the logs blocking the two bags of gold.
9. Collect two pumpkins (you should be able to click on them both, and the same gremlin will collect them, before the house is complete - if in doubt, wait JUST long enough for him to return to the treehouse with the first pumpkin and then click on the second, so the guys at the bottom house don't attempt to get it).
10. As soon as the house is done, click on the final pile of logs, and the two bags of gold.
11. When the logs are nearly clear, click on the final bag of gold.
12. Collect two pumpkins.
13. As soon as all pumpkins and gold reach the tree house, click on the pile of stones blocking the last gremlin.

NOTE: If the Fast Harvest powerup runs out before you click on the pile of stones, you will not beat the developer's record. Your gremlin MUST be on his way to the stones before the powerup ends.

Edited on 10/20/2013 at 11:05:50 PM PST

Re:How to beat the Level 2 developer record

[Post New]by lmaomostly on Oct 20, 13 11:36 PM
That is one tight ship! I got it. I think the key was making sure the 2nd house grems started the logs and then the 2 pots of gold. I had them grabbing the gold but had the last set of logs in a different order/diff grem.
Got an 87.7!!

Your post helped bunches. I kept trying different beginning scenarios. I even chopped all the trees and kept pushing the dang space bar to see if something was hidden that I couldn't see!

Maybe I can sleep tonite now, lol.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Oct 21, 13 1:37 AM
lol - I chopped the trees to see if there was anything hidden behind them too

The problem was always those 2 piles of logs that you had to get through, then the gold, and it was always that last bag of gold coming back late that held things up. So I had to figure out a way to get that gold faster, which meant getting those piles of wood cleared faster. Different order did the trick.

Your 87.7 is impressive

bhom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by bhom on Oct 21, 13 10:45 PM
Yay! I finally beat it! Thanks, Shaz, your walkthrough was spot on. I finished with 87.9s.

Edited on 10/21/2013 at 10:45:42 PM PST

Go to: