GEmory
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Lack of variety in quests

[Post New]by GEmory on Oct 22, 13 7:48 PM
So, I'm on level 37 and have five quests to complete. ALL of them use the pastry factory. My cannery and dairy factories hardly ever get used. The clothing factory is used more than those two, but still WAAAY less than the pastry factory. I've also had instances of 4 out of 5 quests using the pastry factory at least twice so far.

I wish they would give us more of a variety. It's really getting boring just constantly making wheat.

DuffyPoo222
Minnow
Minnow
239 Posts

Re:Lack of variety in quests

[Post New]by DuffyPoo222 on Oct 23, 13 12:41 AM
I hear ya!

Plant wheat, harvest wheat, make flour (every 17 MINUTES), make the pastry item (those cabbage pies are like 5 min but the cherry cake/pie is 6 - six - hours). Not to mention go *bankrupt* from planting wheat and not getting anywhere near the payout from the quests that you would from selling the stuff yourself.

Happy farming!

mellowfuzz
Clownfish
Clownfish
842 Posts

[Post New]by mellowfuzz on Oct 23, 13 2:55 AM
You will eventually get past the rush of pastry requests and get more variety. It is kind of like real life - everybody wants the newest thing.

GEmory
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by GEmory on Oct 23, 13 3:42 AM
I'm on my second cherry cake/pie quest in a row; total of 32 (I think). I've been working on them for so long that I'm ready to scream! Feels like I'll never finish them!

DuffyPoo222 wrote:I hear ya!

Plant wheat, harvest wheat, make flour (every 17 MINUTES), make the pastry item (those cabbage pies are like 5 min but the cherry cake/pie is 6 - six - hours). Not to mention go *bankrupt* from planting wheat and not getting anywhere near the payout from the quests that you would from selling the stuff yourself.

Happy farming!

GEmory
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by GEmory on Oct 23, 13 3:44 AM
Oh boy, do I hope you're right. I'm so sick of pastry I even passed up the apple fritters in my grocery store!

chiari_survivor
Catfish
Catfish
1,506 Posts

[Post New]by chiari_survivor on Oct 29, 13 12:38 PM
Won't be long and you will likely want to scream because of all quests being textile. They seem to go in cycles, always one category seems to cause a back load of requests.

If you are only doing the random quests, after the city quests have run out, then it also makes sense that when your barn runs out of a certain item then that is going to be the quest you are going to need to be working on.

Then the next farm request will also run out at the same area especially if you are clicking the gear, main menu, continue, and getting additional requests from the truck, ship and rail people visiting the farm.

Hope your still having fun!

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Oct 29, 13 3:10 PM
I agree. I loved this game until I was in the mid 20s levels, then all the pastry quests started coming in and I'm ready to quit. Every now and then I get a rush of textile requests and run out of wool for awhile, then it's back to cabbage pies again. Right now there's a couple quests I've refused, they call for 30 strawberries each, and strawberries cost gold.

knitnest
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by knitnest on Oct 29, 13 3:54 PM
Strawberry quests! - that and the buy gold quests are the only ones I've passed on.

It's all about pastry right now for me. Does anyone know what "Pie" really is? Just flour and eggs, so it must be a custard pie, but that sounds very bland. Paying for wheat is why I got so interested in ways to make money. It's just highway robbery that I have to invest 650,000 silvers worth of wheat to make an order of 30 raisin cookies that will only pay me 16,000.

edit: I just remembered that someone wrote that if you don't keep gold on hand you will not get quests that require gold. I don't know if that's true, but it's kept me from cashing in my kitchen collections until I need the gold, and I haven't gotten a gold quest in the last week(?).

Edited on 10/29/2013 at 4:22:45 PM PST

mellowfuzz
Clownfish
Clownfish
842 Posts

[Post New]by mellowfuzz on Oct 29, 13 8:01 PM
knitnest wrote:

edit: I just remembered that someone wrote that if you don't keep gold on hand you will not get quests that require gold. I don't know if that's true, but it's kept me from cashing in my kitchen collections until I need the gold, and I haven't gotten a gold quest in the last week(?).

That is true for the random quests. Some of the map and farm quests still require gold.

[Post New]by michaella_apoel on Nov 6, 13 5:39 AM
I'm going through an all-pastry phase as well (level 31). Because I don't get any requests for other factories (or have completed that part of the quest a while ago) I try to use them to fund the wheat. For example If you make a couple of trousers you can plant 9 wheat (If i remember correctly) with that money, which would give you 3 bags of flour. That would be ridiculous in real life of course, selling 2 trousers for 3 bags of flour lol. But it helps out with all that wheat demand. I do the same with the other factories too. Just use them randomly to fund the pastry activity

Edited on 11/06/2013 at 5:41:43 AM PST

Go to: