bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Call of the Ages

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 23, 13 12:29 AM
The Calendar of Ages, that kept the world running, has been destroyed. Embark on an exciting journey across eight countries and eight epochs to collect mighty artifacts! Complete 90 unique Match 3 levels as you witness key events of world history and save the world in Call of Ages.

MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Re:Call of the Ages

[Post New]by MLC60 on Oct 23, 13 6:57 AM
This is the gripe I have with most M3 games. When I check "relaxed" mode, I mean I want to move at my own pace, which is senior citizen pace. I hate the "sand" which eats up all my squares I've already uncovered. It makes my nerves raw and makes me yell at my computer. I end up regretting wasting any time on the M3 game at all and delete it before I have gotten very far into the game. If I wanted to be frustrated and aggravated, I'd play the games on Facebook. I wish the sand had shown up earlier in the game when I was demoing it, and I wouldn't have wasted a PCC on it.

higgins717
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by higgins717 on Oct 23, 13 9:15 AM
playrix is the developer i betaed for them ce on their site great game

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Oct 23, 13 2:12 PM

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 23, 13 8:07 AM

Its a perfectly good remake (almost a duplicate) of 80 Days Around The World but they forgot how to fill up my wide screen in the remake process.

If you have already bought 80 Days Around The World then keep playing that game - the only addition here is a relaxed mode option that doesn't work so well farther into the game.

Jkuci, I saw your post above in the review thread and it is nice that you mentioned the relaxed mode option in this game. However, I wish you had explained your meaning when you said the relaxed mode doesn't work so well farther into the game. What exactly doesn't work so well with the relaxed mode later in the game?

Classicaljazz

5440d
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by 5440d on Oct 23, 13 6:14 PM
in the upper levels there are bombs that you have to explode or you have to start the level over i play in relaxed mode it is far from relaxed with fingers that don't work so well i have played some levels to many times a wast of my money

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Oct 26, 13 6:39 AM
5440d wrote:in the upper levels there are bombs that you have to explode or you have to start the level over i play in relaxed mode it is far from relaxed with fingers that don't work so well i have played some levels to many times a wast of my money

Exactly. When I buy a game with a "relaxed" mode I expect it to be RELAXED. This game is nothing of the sort, what with the #*#(&%@ sand and the bombs and the tumbleweeds. I'm VERY disappointed in this.

gsdogs
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by gsdogs on Oct 30, 13 8:03 AM
Yes far from a relaxed game I enjoyed the demo but it had none of the sand or bombs I am on level 84 and cannot find the way to detenate the 2 bombs in the lower corners so can't release the pieces up top that I need to finish the level1 minute is not near enought I am ready to give up

skippystwin
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Frustrated

[Post New]by skippystwin on Oct 30, 13 1:55 PM
I really enjoyed the lower levels of this game. Why do these games have to be so irritating? Why can't we just play a game for fun - the relaxed mode is stressful. Level 50 is practically unwinnable with sand, brush, and the artifact pieces automatically go above the windstorm. And when you click on the amulet, it strikes the windstorm!!! Doesn't it read it's own instructions that you cannot destroy the windstorm. Good Grief.

SGunn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by SGunn on Nov 7, 13 8:49 AM
I posted this in another thread of this game:

I don't like "timed games" myself, so I stay away from them. (I'm a senior citizen, myself). But, I've learned that even in a "relaxed mode" game as this, it's only as relaxing as you make it. So what, if you have to replay a level or 2? It's not so you're saving lives. I've found a way so far, to beat the sand. Keep trying to find 4 or more matches to charge up the amulet and use that to knock your puzzle pieces down and out. At the same time, knock a square or more of sand. Just keep plugging away, but take deep breaths to keep your blood pressure down. If you find it frustrating, then stop, go on to something else, then come back later. It is certainly not worth getting angry over.

SGunn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by SGunn on Nov 7, 13 8:52 AM
twinsoniclab wrote:I SO wish BFG would tell us who the developer of the games are! I knew this one looked familiar, like I had definitely played it before. I did some research and discovered I have played it! I know why BFG doesn't name certain developers, but it would be helpful to the customer if they did!

I like playing untimed match 3 games, but I find this one just too similar to others by the same developer. It is quality, that's for sure, they don't do anything otherwise, but a bit derivative. It's better than Around the World in 80 Days, which it was compared to in the reviews.

The names of the developers are at the beginning credits of the games as they are loading. You can't miss them... unless you are AFK or have your eyes shut.

[Post New]by msroncon on Feb 6, 14 10:20 PM
When it says relaxed....the challenges shouldn't be timed. You can't relax when you know you didn't get what you paid for in Call of Ages.

Go to: