kroozkitty
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,144 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Elixir of Immortality

[Post New]by kroozkitty on Sep 22, 10 8:02 AM
I totally loved this game !!!!

Interesting, very long, not too hard, not too easy. Great graphics, music, etc.

Very happy I bought this!!!

bunnydog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,878 Posts

[Post New]by bunnydog on Sep 24, 10 8:12 PM
I really enjoyed this game! It took me three evenings to finish it (about 2 hours each night) because I wanted to spend time looking at the graphics. A map might have made things easier, but I didn't mind having to go from one scene to another to find different things. I was torn at times between trying to figure out what to do on my own, or using the walkthrough to help me move on more quickly. There were a few things that I don't think I could have found on my own, so I did have to use the hint system a few times to find the hidden objects and appreciate that the hints refresh fairly quickly. I was also glad that puzzles could be skipped if necessary.

I had originally thought that this was going to be an average hidden object game, but it has turned out to be a great game for me! /5

Kestraka
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Kestraka on Sep 29, 10 8:30 AM
I didn't think I would like it too much as it seemed a bit dark for my taste. However it drew me in and was intriguing. Not your usual run of the mill HOG. Excellent game!

Edited on 09/29/2010 at 8:31:32 AM PST

[Post New]by meadrita on Sep 30, 10 10:53 AM
does anyone know how to get the flask in the game elixir of immortality?

maryerbe
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by maryerbe on Oct 4, 10 10:04 AM
what a great game ,so much to do ,a good story line ,its not the same ole hog ,it has so much more ,i loved the music went great with this game also the graphics were wonderful .i just finished it took me a while ,but well worth the time and buy .so try it you will like it ,plenty of hints and also shows you the hot spots

seahoney
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by seahoney on Oct 5, 10 11:24 PM
I love, love this game. It finally relieved my sagging interest in playing HOGs. In fact anything that can relieve sagging gets an A+ in my book LOL. I got a late start on this one as I had been gone for a month but it was so much fun and worth the wait. The mini games are many & not to difficult but just enough to make you spend some time on them. The story was interesting and even the going from place to place wasn't that bad as it was easy to find your way around the town. Also really liked the diary offering what the tasks were in case you aren't sure. All in all a great game way to go!

Tex_Murphy
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Tex_Murphy on Oct 6, 10 6:46 AM
GREAT GAME! Plays like a dream, long but never boring, I wish all games were like this! Can find nothing to gripe about! Well done to all concerned in the making of this game, and to BFG for making it available to all us 'Fishies'!

Airmid
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Airmid on Oct 9, 10 8:10 PM
I'm with all the other positive fishies.....this game was absolutely great. No complaints whatsoever......and while I'm at it, I'll be greedy and say, More More More please!!!!

littletanpom
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by littletanpom on Oct 13, 10 3:59 PM
I just finished this wonderful game! I was late getting around to playing it but I sure glad that I did. I had to look at the walkthough a few times, but would not have progressed as far as I did if it weren't for the comments of a few fishies! Thank you all that take time to answer other fishies questions! Great game BF!!!

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Oct 29, 10 12:20 PM
Quite creative; interesting; and a well-balanced game! This game has good replay value. The developers did a nice job with the story line, graphics, hints, and characters. It was easy to move from place to place with the help of the map and diary. Puzzles were average --- not too hard, not too easy! A definite plus!!!

Edited on 10/29/2010 at 12:23:26 PM PST

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Nov 7, 10 3:49 PM
This is in principle a great game. It has good length, a good storyline, challenging hidden object scenes, nice graphics and in general it's clear what you have to do. Even the puzzles come with explanations.

However, as I progressed further in the game more and more locations opened and the developers didn't think it was necessary to tell me what to do next and where. Note that this doesn't contradict my above statement, because quests were clear in their hints, but not WHERE to do them. So I ended up repeatedly running over the whole island and the castle, hoping to find a new hidden object scene and / or an object that I might have overlooked using the hotspot function. And the more I had to do that the more the game trampled my nerves.

So if you can live with that minor flaw and are a patient fish, by all means buy this game, it's one of the best this year.

tlight
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by tlight on Nov 12, 10 5:40 PM
LOVED the trial version! Off to buy it now. The clarity of scenes was so sharp and yet the objects were tricky to find. I can tell this one will be fun for another run through in a couple of months. I do like the fact that you have to scene-jump to solve the puzzles. Kept me interested. Keep these kinds of games coming! Very nice!

Bobbie53
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Bobbie53 on Nov 27, 10 9:19 AM
I am enjoying this game.

It is hidden object game, mini-game and a little bit of an adventure game all in one.

The challenge is just enough to not be frustrating. Most objects are easy to see. the hint meter only takes about 30 seconds to recharge. There are two modes of play.

I am finding this a lot easier to get through than Vampire Secrets which is another good game.
This weekend special is helping me to catch up on games I missed this last summer due to reasons not related to the gaming experience.
I usually keep track of the time so I can control my save. This time I was so caught up in the game I forgot and the next thing I knew I was getting bumped out of the game. The first few seconds I thought what the . . . then big fish let me know my trial had run out.
There was no hesitation . . . I bought this game. Thank you Big Fish.
P.S. This game is a steal at the weekend special price and well worth the buy at the membership price.

alohak
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by alohak on Nov 27, 10 6:28 PM
I love that it's on sale this weekend! Now I'm going to buy it to fill up a punch card! Thanks BF!

merivilan
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by merivilan on Nov 29, 10 6:41 AM
Quick review for a quick game.
it was fun. Lovely to look at. Nothing to hard.
Not one of the longer games though.
Great value in the sale.
Now off to check vampire secrets.

Edited on 11/29/2010 at 6:42:03 AM PST

_ursalita_
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by _ursalita_ on Nov 30, 10 4:42 PM
I just spent several nights enjoying this game. The **** scenes and puzzles were just right - not too hard, not too easy. I did consult the walkthrough once and skipped one puzzle but that's better than many of the games I've played recently. I loved the graphics and the variety in the game. And it was long!!! Best game I've played in a while.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Dec 1, 10 5:32 PM
I must admit I had a hard time getting into this game - the style was a little different than what I had expected - I guess I thought it would be darker and creepier, but I kept at it due to the great reviews. It did turn out to be a really good game - excellent adventure elements, good puzzles and story - and it was pretty long. The characters reminded me of the Natalie Brooks games. I thought their sound effects were a little odd - kind of hard to get used to - I do prefer for dialog to be spoken -I think that would have added a lot to the game. The graphics were great as you were exploring, but less so in the hidden object scenes, which I thought were not as good and clear as many I have seen. And I never care for the zooming in and out of scenes, which happened every time you moved around. Also, the music was a bit off in terms of the story - far too cheerful, I actually turned it off a few times, which I usually don't do. Overall, in spite of a few things I did not care for about the atmosphere of the game, it was a really fun, challenging and well made game, and I would definitely play a sequel.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 3, 10 6:17 AM
I've played about two thirds of the game and am really enjoying it. My only complaint is that which I have with many of these games. Is it a lamp or a lantern? Is it a lamp one time and a lantern the next time? Not that hook, but this one.

OTW, though, it's a very enjoyable game and I'm interested in the story that goes along with it. The graphics are good and the music changes so it's not so terribly monotonous. There's no grandfather!

hatzic
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by hatzic on Dec 4, 10 12:10 AM
Argh! I love this game and have been playing it over the last several days enjoying it very much. I got it on the $2.99 sale they just had. Well I'm deeply into the game when we just had a power outage, just out and right back on again, and when I got back in the game my Player was gone and all my progress erased. I had made it as far as getting the pollen for the poisoned botanist....It's a long game and now I have to start all over. I checked out the walkthrough only to see how much farther I have to go - A long way still to go. So I guess it will be worth replaying it - Question is, do I replay now when I know where everything is? Or later, when it's new again....?
Anyway, a very good game - if it had been another game I'd probably not bother at all.

lavrovanna
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by lavrovanna on Jan 18, 11 7:57 AM
my mom was playing it recently, she was amazed, seems like these guys know what they're doing! great!

Go to: