Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jan 28, 12 7:54 AM
Review after finishing the game:

The Good:

+ game length
+ useful map! (no quick travel function though)
+ good voices
+ little used riddles
+ story ties in with Curse of the Opera (connection at the end)
+ decent difficulty (no sparkles)

The Neutral:

o Spider! (fairly big, you have to get rid of it; several in hidden object scenes)

The Bad:

- story not always logical: How did the detective get through the door that I had to open by solving a riddle?
- Items are placed back into Hidden Object scenes
- final door riddle slightly frustrating

Bottom Line: Essential game if you played Curse of the Opera. However, since this one is the prequel you will spoil yourself the story of Opera, so play the other one first.

rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by rockey69 on Mar 9, 12 3:53 PM
This is a great game, bought it a long time ago and I am playing it again.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Jun 16, 12 11:12 AM
I enjoyed the game

The storyline was good
Sound was good
Creepy scene at times, but not too much..
Tasks were fun

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 4, 12 1:27 PM
This game was great. A spooky fun filled game to play. Doug & Lisa

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jul 22, 12 10:59 AM
I enjoyed this game, even though it is basically a HOG/Adventure game. The mini games are fairly difficult for the most part and the SKIP button is somewhat slow; but then, I'm not real fond of mini games so I did skip most of them. However they were unique in some ways.

The HOGs were straight, no interaction, and easy, but dark in some cases and somewhat gross in others. Although repetative HOG scenes don't really bother me, those of you who are bothered by this will not like this game, in fact, there are some HOGs in which you sometimes look for the same objects. Because they are easy, the game does move along. There is a click penalty.

HINT button refreshes quickly, but not always real helpful in the main game. There is a map which is nice, but you do have to move around quite a bit as it isn't a jump map. Lots of rooms to move through. The journal is not a real help and I stopped listening to the tapes about halfway through.

Nice length, and there was an ending, but it set you up for a sequal. Lots of things to do. I give this game a 4 and although I got it on a $2.99 deal, I would have paid full price for it.

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Jul 30, 12 2:25 PM
fab game. colourful graphics. challenging mini games. hints load fast. great storyline well done big fish

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on Oct 15, 12 10:51 PM
I just finished playing all the way though. This game was long and had a lot to do. The graphics were great and the story was good all the way though. The puzzles were not overly hard, some were harder than others. The hidden objects scenes were plentiful. The one thing I think some people may not like is that there is a lot of going back and forth between rooms. I enjoyed this game a lot it was worth the price.

[Post New]by HOGamer on Oct 24, 12 9:01 PM
how do i get back to the main entrance to fix the generator. I'm stuck in the east wing. Tks

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Mar 24, 13 12:35 AM
Since I played the Opera game related to this series, I truly enjoyed this game. I thought it was funny the way you had to sign into the game as a "patient", then I thought, hmmm, sure glad they don't have asylums anymore!! The game had a great story line. This actually is the first one that I've played with the music and it was appropriate for the game, not annoying at all. Yea, I've seen better graphics, and a map that would allow you to jump, as opposed to actually clicking everywhere would have been great, but it wasn't that bothersome. Loved the game!!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Nov 15, 13 1:30 AM
Really a good game if somewhat outdated now, and quite long with many chapters. There seems to be about an equal number of HOS and mini-games. The hint button refills quickly; however, you'll have time to get a drink of water and go to the bathroom while waiting for the skip button to fill.

There is a lot of back and forth. The map is helpful, but not interactive. You pick up cassette tapes (remember those?) as you play the game. I didn't listen to any of them, so I don't know what information they contain or if they would've been helpful. The journal records any codes you will need, but isn't much help otherwise. The hints outside of the HOS are almost no help. I relied on the map more than the hints.

The story is fascinating, and there are other interesting characters who need your help or who are helpful to you, which is a real plus as far I'm concerned. The artwork is excellent.

If the map were interactive, I'd give it five stars, but as it is not, I can only give it four.
I recommend it.

[Post New]by violinist1981 on Jun 14, 14 10:00 AM
I wanted to share that actually love this game series, and I have enjoyed this game enough that I have played it a few times. One of the best games series I have purchased, and I am hoping they are going to be making a 4th game.

Go to: