trickydon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison

[Post New]by trickydon on Mar 23, 11 8:25 PM
ladygem6 wrote:Unlike most of you, my concern is with the puzzles, not the cursor or the inventory. They seem to be difficult and often and I don't want to spend most of my time with this game solving puzzles. I like the creepiness of it, though it could use more, the music is ok and so is the graphics and humor.
Is anyone else having trouble with the puzzles or think they are difficult? I have seem some posts who said they thought them too easy. Maybe I am just dumb but what do any of you guys think about the difficulty level?
Would appreciate any and all opinions. Thanks.

trickydon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by trickydon on Mar 23, 11 8:27 PM
ladygem6 wrote:Unlike most of you, my concern is with the puzzles, not the cursor or the inventory. They seem to be difficult and often and I don't want to spend most of my time with this game solving puzzles. I like the creepiness of it, though it could use more, the music is ok and so is the graphics and humor.
Is anyone else having trouble with the puzzles or think they are difficult? I have seem some posts who said they thought them too easy. Maybe I am just dumb but what do any of you guys think about the difficulty level?
Would appreciate any and all opinions. Thanks.

trickydon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by trickydon on Mar 23, 11 8:29 PM
I completely agree with ladygem. Only one hidden object play and the rest were puzzels. I thought they were very difficult and skipped most of them. I'm sorry I got this game, but at least it was a freebee.

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Mar 27, 11 5:29 PM
Ahhhh, satisfaction. When I previewed this game, I made a note to buy it when the standard edition came out. Not only was I sucked in to "what will happen next?" mode, but it had humor! And mild creepiness was fun.

I read the reviews, having learned the hard way a game can start great and go downhill, or end ten minutes past the place the demo ran out. I didn't play straight through, but it was certainly long enough. I didn't even mind the ending setting up for the sequel, because I felt the game was finished enough. Not to say I'm impationately awaiting the release of the sequel, which I sure hope come up the the quality and length of this game. I did have to refer to the walkthrough, but that's mostly because I have a learning disability and certain puzzles are extremely difficult for me....so after giving it a fair shot, I cheat. All but one I felt was reasonable...that one I didn't get even with the walkthough. Oh well, I just did what they said and went on. That way I didn't have to skip anything.

I had the sound off, and forgot to turn it on, so can't review that. This game isn't my favorite, but it's certainly in my top ten. Happy games just score higher with me. Hmm, OK, this is in my top ten of creepy games, hows that?

Edited to add: No tech problems at all.

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 5:30:42 PM PST

[Post New]by hkdonbigfish on Mar 31, 11 4:43 AM
I love Nightmare Adventures! Have my husband playing it now and he is enjoying the challenge of all the puzzles. The idea that everything in this game is a clue of some kind is a nice feature. Keeps you on your toes. Does anyone know if the creator of this game has another one out there equally as fun and challenging? I sure would like another game like this!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Mar 31, 11 7:05 AM
I believe this is the first game from this developer team. I liked it very much also and certainly hope they are working on a follow-up.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Apr 1, 11 2:13 PM
hkdonbigfish wrote:Does anyone know if the creator of this game has another one out there equally as fun and challenging? I sure would like another game like this!

GhostShip is (or was) a two-person team, and this was their first casual game. They did an awesome job They are very accessible, posting both here and at (another BF member's) site (PM me if you don't know where that is). Haven't heard anything recently, but hopefully that's because they're hard at work on their next project!

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Apr 9, 11 11:43 AM
I am VERY happy with my purchase. I didn't think it was hand-hold-y at all. I've just stumbled across the first bit of voice acting in the game, and it made me laugh aloud and want to come back and review.

There is NO PENALTY for clicking, so click away!
The graphics are GORGEOUS, as I expected.
The story is already engaging, and the atmosphere is very well done.
There is a surprising amount of humor in this game. I LOVE reading the comments for clicking on stuff.
This is a huge winner for me. Glad I followed the hype on this one.

[Post New]by katfreek on Apr 13, 11 11:38 AM
Good graphics, somewhat simplistic, the puzzles were very good. This game is a good buy. I would like to find a good game to play. It anyone knows of one please let me know. There are to meany and the money is budgeted.
thank you

Re:Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Apr 14, 11 8:41 AM
Palladia wrote:Awesome game! The game is quite long and good. This is my third purchase here after Drawn 1, and Drawn 2.

I'm with you Palladia. These are all true "adventure" games. No mind-numbing, endless hidden object sessions. I liked the humor, too.

Are there any more games like this out there?

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Apr 18, 11 11:49 AM
I was delighted to find this game. I enjoyed figuring out all the puzzles, only needed help on 1 of them. It felt so good to put my thinking cap on & give my brain a workout. Thank you to the developers for making such an awesome game.

[Post New]by RJLadyA on Apr 27, 11 10:25 PM
I had a lot of fun with this game. I downloaded the demo and got to the asylum's gate in 50 minutes. I'm not sure if i am going to buy the full version because of how quickly i got through it.

That said: this its a great story and a lot of fun to do the puzzles. I love the concept of taking pictures of important clues instead of looking them up in an old tattered notebook. The pda as the modernized notebook is great.
I had a lot of moments where when i figured out a puzzle I thought well duh it was right there. There is a lot of satisfaction in the fact that some of the hints are vague and some are perfectly obvious. I tended to miss objects right in front of me most of the time, it was an object small and well placed. like crowbars.

Thank you this was a lot of fun.

d0080b
Stingray
Stingray
5,334 Posts

[Post New]by d0080b on May 8, 11 5:45 PM
Really liked this game, seemed to have lots of puzzles and they were of a mixed level of difficulty, enjoyed the spook atmosphere.... good game all around.

neola
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by neola on Jun 29, 11 8:56 PM
FINALLY FINISHED IT! This has to be one of the best I've played in ages. Some of the mini games are wicked (or my brain is stunted!), but everything - sound, graphics, logical flow - was fantastic for me. I didn't need the walk-thru, but I have to admit that I started playing it ages ago and quit out of frustration. Then, after a fair amount of time, I went back and picked up where I left off. Maybe I've gotten better at adventure games, but I couldn't remember why it frustrated me at the start. SO, if you've tried this one and hit a brain block, don't fret. It's really a fun and logical game.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 29, 11 9:37 PM
I liked this after playing the demo, but after playing the full game, I have to say that it's absolutely amazing. The story is creepy and involved, and will keep you interested for the entire game, and hoping for a sequel. The puzzles are challenging, you really can't let up thinking. The graphics and music/sound effects are perfect for it. While it isn't a really long game, it's long enough to be well worth the full price. After finishing it, I found myself trying to find similar games by Ghost Ship Studios, but have been disappointed thus far. Would recommend to anyone who doesn't mind a creepy witch-asylum story.

[Post New]by bigcat101 on Jul 11, 11 4:03 PM
I just finished this game.I had alot of fun with it .I bought it for 2.99 and it is loaded with puzzles and it is a rather long game.So i did get my $ worth! something to do between adventure games.Nice graphics.No music,no talk,just one scene after the other of puzzles.Loved it!

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Jul 12, 11 5:35 PM
I absolutely LOVED this game !!! The odd thing is, I played the demo of this game months ago, and ended up uninstalling it with almost 30 minutes of play time left. I didn't like it ! I was looking for a good game to play over the weekend, and I saw this game as a Daily Deal ! Forgot that I had ever played it,and downloaded it again....saw that I had time left so I figured I might as well finish it. I picked up right where I left off, and got hooked!! Since it was only 2.99 I said OK,the price is certainly right ! This is one of the BEST games I have played in a while.It was really spooky,and kinda creepy,yet whimsical also. The storyline was very good, held my interest throughout the game, and the puzzles were awesome! Not one HOG,if I'm not mistaken...and I loved it. I hope there is a sequel somewhere on the table for this game...I will definately purchase it ! I give this game 5 's Thanks BFG for this one it was well worth full price to me, but a definate steal as a DD.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 13, 11 7:20 AM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2.5 stars
Overall – 2.75 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Jul 16, 11 2:02 PM
Very entertaining -- but too many mini games! Some were thinking games (need clues to decipher) but others were pure strategy and were quite difficult. Luckily the skip button recharges quickly!

Poem123
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Poem123 on Aug 8, 11 2:20 PM
Just noticed this is the Catch of the Week. It's an excellent game and great value even at full price. It's an interactive adventure that plays similarly to an iHOG minus the hidden object scenes. Lots of puzzles and problem solving. It manages to be humorous and creepy at the same time. Very entertaining.

edit: grammar

Edited on 08/08/2011 at 2:21:10 PM PST

Go to: