Paminca
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Paminca on Nov 7, 10 12:20 PM
This was a wonderful game. Worth the extra money. The art, score and atmosphere superb. I played it though 3 times strait. I've seldom done that. Loved it.

Edited on 11/07/2010 at 12:21:54 PM PST

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Nov 7, 10 4:19 PM
LOVED THIS GAME however the deeper i got into the game the more it reminded me of RTR. which is great because RTR is my favorite game of all time. waiting for new MCF game which i have a feeling is coming soon. can they outdo DIRE GROVE and RETURN TO RAVENHURST? i hope so. enjoy fishies.

Donq47
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Donq47 on Nov 8, 10 8:50 AM
Simply IMO an outstanding game from beginning to end including the bonus section. One game that is worth the Collectors Edition cost. Looking forward to the sequel.

Charleen
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Charleen on Nov 9, 10 7:10 AM
If you can only afford to by "The Phanton of the Opera Collector's Edition buy it....It is so worth the money...LOVE LOVED LOVED this one. I can't wait to play it again....Big Fish Rocks again!!!!!!

[Post New]by unagiYumYum on Nov 9, 10 10:19 AM
This game was almost near perfect. The standard edition game was great.... until you play the collector's ending.

The puzzles and story in the standard was absolutely great; challenging and fun puzzles, very clear and helpful guides, and the story was good . On the other hand the collector's bonus game was just pure garbage. Only one puzzle that is no challenge and the finale ending is HORRIBLE.

Almost a perfect game in my book.

[Post New]by bretonangel on Nov 9, 10 4:08 PM
312nmckinbley wrote:Ok, I'm a dummy!! I need help, is there a walkthrough for this game yet. I am so stuck..
I always need help can someone help me through the extra I cannot find the phantom's shrine for the heart.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 9, 10 7:05 PM
Hi bretonangel! The Phantom's shrine is the doors between the two statues with the harps. Good luck!

banor
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by banor on Nov 10, 10 9:35 AM
I am in agreement with most of the previous posters - this was a gorgeous game. I wish I could have moved around with the map though - some of the walking around was tedious I guess if you think that is part of the puzzle then you did not care. Anyway another outstanding game probably one of my favorites. BUT I DID NOT LIKE THE ENDING!!!! Sorry I prefer happy endings with all things set straight. Enough puzzling endings in real life.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Nov 10, 10 10:55 AM
I just finished this game and have to say WOW !. I was so impressed. I took my time and loved exploring the many rooms and areas. Cannot wait for the sequel (hope there is one). Wish there would be more games like this one . "KUDOS" to the developers.

frankib
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by frankib on Nov 11, 10 7:33 AM
Another great game plenty of tooing and froing great graphics easy to follow guid well worth the money

Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Dove0216 on Nov 11, 10 2:53 PM
The game was wonderful-challenging but not frustrating.
The ending really stinks and the bonus ending is even worse.

Edited on 11/11/2010 at 2:55:43 PM PST

[Post New]by Lrithgr8goddess on Nov 11, 10 4:23 PM
I bought this game a little over a week ago and decided to wait until I posted a review of it when the "new car smell" wore off.

I still thoroughly enjoy this game, I've played it three times and still found parts intriguing. The graphics are great, the mini games and hidden object scenes (HOGs for those that are new to the forums) are well spaced and balanced between each other. I get rather bored with some adventure games that are loaded down with HOGs and provide little else in the way of mini games that allow you to put your mind to work.

I have found no technical issues with this game also, it plays smoothly without any PC hiccups.

Overall this game has quickly become my favorite.

[Post New]by cklein on Nov 12, 10 4:50 PM
Wow! What a great game. It was challenging and the graphics were FAB. I was excited to move to the next room and each one was better than the last. Personally, I enjoyed the difficulty of the game and amazed at the creativity of the challenges. This game deserves a 10+.

Keep them coming BF.

[Post New]by trickinicki on Nov 14, 10 4:29 PM
this was a great game all around EXCEPT the ending. it just wasnt what i expected. and i played the bonus game hoping the ending would be better, but again dissapointment. i hope they make a sequel though because i would love another game like this and a better ending!

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Nov 16, 10 12:00 AM
Well I must be the only person who didn't like this game. I rushed off to install it after reading so many great reviews only to find after 10 mins (can't belive I gave it that long a play), I couldn't stand it! I found the voiceover of the phantom pathetic and irritating...and the whole story just didn't grab me.

Next!

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Nov 16, 10 7:48 PM
I loved this game and the bonus, but hope the ending means there will be a sequel. Has to be! On the voiceover (Phantom), yes very irritating. I turned the music down and the voices as well. Having him repeating all his angry, demanding crud finally got me to the point I was yelling "shut up" at the screen. Other than that, I thought it was fantastic. I got a kick out of the "Wicked" playbill in the ticket office! Really? In the 1800's?

Small writing in the Journal

[Post New]by JimDaystar on Nov 17, 10 2:26 PM
There is some very small writing in the journal on every page that says the same thing on all the pages. Does anyone know what it says? It's very small and faded.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

Small writing in the Journal

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 17, 10 2:41 PM
JimDaystar wrote:There is some very small writing in the journal on every page that says the same thing on all the pages. Does anyone know what it says? It's very small and faded.

I looked with a magnifying glass. Much of it is too faded to read. But there were words that could be read:
*Christine's Home
*Don Juan
*the Phantom
*Don Juan Triumphant.
The sentences seemed to be somewhat incoherent. It could have been quotations from the novel or lines from one of the shows that might have been acted out on the stage.
At least, that's what I saw.

[Post New]by skippy_tramp on Nov 19, 10 12:06 AM
I loved it, I sat for over 6 hours I could not leave it and then came running to see what I missed thank you and I sure hope there is a sequel

slinkysmom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by slinkysmom on Nov 20, 10 9:53 AM
I finally broke down and bought this CE and Sherlock Holmes at new prices of 13.99.
This game was suppperrrrrrrrrrb and certainly lengthy enough to warrant CE status. Finished it somewhere 12 hours and I am what I would call a mid speed player with alot of experience.
The step by step guide was excellent if you got off track in finding where to go next.
I had never bought CE's before and found this and Sherlock both excellent buys for time and length etc. Also factored in 2 purchases of CE at 13.99 in one month equaled one game credit for dec. So for me the enjoyment of both, and length of both made me feel like I got excellent value for money.
Would recommend this and Sherlock Homes CE to everyone.
A big 5 s for me!!
Enjoy all.

Go to: