Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's (coffin puzzle)

[Post New]by bourquej on Sep 10, 12 7:58 AM
I have read through the posts about the coffin puzzle but still need help! I have all four dates, entered 1808, 1806, 1812, but the birth date I have is 1753 and it is not on the board. As suggested, I have found two other dates in the 1700 range but they don't work. How do I continue the game when the puzzle doesn't have my date!!!???

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Sep 10, 12 10:41 AM
Hi bourquej,

I'm sorry this puzzle is giving you trouble. In this case I might double check to make sure that either the 5 or the 3 in this case isn't actually an 8. I remember I ran into a similar problem with my game - becaues that date is handwritten it kind of looked like a different number to me.

However, if you try it that way and the date still isn't showing up, please don't hesitate to write into Customer Support with a screenshot of your dates and puzzle board and a rep will be happy to take a closer look with you. For more information on how to do either of these, please click the links below:

How to Create a Screenshot
How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by dalerma2 on Oct 15, 12 8:11 PM
I get past the harpoon and I'm able to cut the rope for the telescope but when I get back to the harpoon scene (as directed in the walk through) the hidden object hunt does not appear on the chest. I've restarted the game I don't know how many times.

Post any Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by hillinc on Nov 6, 12 3:53 PM
I can't seem to access the hidden object game in order to get the flint. Any suggestions? I have been all over and back trying to get it to work. Thanks!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 7, 12 8:52 AM
Hi hillinc and dalerma2! Welcome to the forums! You both seem to be having the same issue. Unfortunately, I don't have any good news for you. There is at least one other person with this problem. The URL to that thread is below:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/223584.page
I answered that poster, but essentially said it seems to be a glitch and tech support is the only help I can suggest. Sorry.

[Post New]by astrologirl on Nov 17, 12 8:50 PM
AriaAmante wrote:I'm on the 3rd Gen iPad and I found a technical problem. On the drained coffin puzzle the birthdate does not show up in the puzzle anywhere at all. The closest I can find is off by one number. My fax clearly reads 1751 and that number simply does not exsist, up or down OR left or right. Luckily you can skip this puzzle (as someone on the boards told me), so it isn't a game ender but it's still annoying if you want to complete all the puzzles

My graveyard puzzle isn't working either. I have my correct dates from the correct places, 1742, 1806, 1808, 1812. The puzzle darkens them, they are all available, but the lever does not accept them and does not undarken them. I cannot skip this puzzle. PC version.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 17, 12 9:55 PM
astrologirl wrote:I have my correct dates from the correct places, 1742, 1806, 1808, 1812.
Have a look to see if there is another 1812 on your grid.

[Post New]by Helice on Dec 2, 12 8:24 PM
I have reached the area under the carriage house trapdoor. I added the chlorine to the fountain in the side/back yard and revealed the symbols under the water -- however, when I did this, the symbols were not recorded in my case file. I can't manipulate the symbols on the cabinet lock in any way. I can clearly see the symbols I'm supposed to use, but because they aren't in my case file, I can't do anything with the cabinet. Please help.

PS ~ I'm playing the iPad version.

Edited on 12/03/2012 at 7:21:31 PM PST

[Post New]by Dasyurus on Dec 11, 12 12:58 AM
I think this a technical issue. Like I have read elsewhere, if you use the hammer too early to pull out the boards, it isn't available to pull out the nail in the bannister to fix the stool. It is not in my inventory. Do I have to start again (in which case I would prefer to get a refund at this stage) or is there a way to retrieve it? Thank you

[Post New]by Schmem8585 on Dec 11, 12 4:32 PM
I'm using the Mac collectors edition. When I try to open the game, i can hear the sound effects, but only see a black screen. I know this is some graphics issue, but I can't figure out what I need to do to get the game running.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 11, 12 4:41 PM
Hi Schmem8585 and welcome to the Forums.

First, please try the troubleshooting steps in the help article below. We find they get things straightened out for a lot of customers that run into the sort of issue you're experiencing.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't get everything resolved with the display of this game, our Mac Support Team will be happy to take a look at what else might be going on and work with you directly from there.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 11, 12 4:43 PM
Dasyurus wrote:I think this a technical issue. Like I have read elsewhere, if you use the hammer too early to pull out the boards, it isn't available to pull out the nail in the bannister to fix the stool. It is not in my inventory. Do I have to start again (in which case I would prefer to get a refund at this stage) or is there a way to retrieve it? Thank you

Hi Dasyurus,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the hammer!

Please get in touch with our Tech Support Team, as they'll be able to see if there is a way to continue on without restarting the game. They'll also be able to work with you to replace the game if this issue can't be easily fixed.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Mom138
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Mom138 on Dec 21, 12 6:15 PM
Hi,
I can't seem to open the picture at the top of the stairs. I am able to open everything else with ease, please help.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 23, 12 1:37 AM
Mom138 wrote:Hi,
I can't seem to open the picture at the top of the stairs. I am able to open everything else with ease, please help.

I'm not sure why this isn't working for you - but make sure you're trying to cut it with the scissors and not the gardening shears - several folks have made this mistake!

Mom138
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Mom138 on Dec 26, 12 5:40 PM
Thank you for your response. I deleted the game and created a new player which seemed to work.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 1, 13 1:39 AM
Mom138 wrote:Thank you for your response. I deleted the game and created a new player which seemed to work.

Glad to hear it!! Happy gaming!!

[Post New]by Verovero1 on Apr 4, 13 11:01 AM
hello,
I've a problem in 13th skull for ipad
I can't load cannonball into cannon in neighbor ship
Thanks

[Post New]by Greenconcept on Jun 2, 13 2:25 AM
Hi,
I'm playing this Game on the iPad (1), but I have a problem: I cannot solve the 'T-puzzle' in the graveyard... I put in all the T's and turn them so they fit in correctly, but I don't get the pieces of the map which I need to continue playing. I looked up the solutions and I'm definitly doing this right. And if I click 'hints', there's supposed to be a 'solve'-button, which is Not there. Can someone help me? I bought this game and now I cannot play it
(I'm sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language)

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jun 7, 13 7:37 PM
Greenconcept wrote:Hi,
I'm playing this Game on the iPad (1), but I have a problem: I cannot solve the 'T-puzzle' in the graveyard... I put in all the T's and turn them so they fit in correctly, but I don't get the pieces of the map which I need to continue playing. I looked up the solutions and I'm definitly doing this right. And if I click 'hints', there's supposed to be a 'solve'-button, which is Not there. Can someone help me? I bought this game and now I cannot play it
(I'm sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language)

Hi Greenconcept! Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry no one has responded to you yet. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the issues with the iPad version of this game so it may be best if you go ahead and get in touch with tech support. To get started, click on the green envelope to the right of these posts, then when you get to the next page look in the left hand column and click on "Still need help? Contact us". You should then be able to fill out the tech issues form. It's a good idea to include a Dr. Felix along with your form, the instructions for doing so should be on that page. Good luck!

[Post New]by Andresmulders on Oct 18, 13 2:45 AM
Hi, I'm having a problem with the display in the ipad version of the game. From the start, the screen is displaying everything sideways and it is not automatically turning. I checked all settings if my ipad, but it's only acting like this with this game. I cannot get any further because the right side of the screen is not displayed and I can't reach any control buttons on that side. I also checked all previous tech problems and faq's, but this aspect seems to be new and is has not been dealt with before. I even reinstalled the game, but it keeps having the same issues. Can anyone help me with this?

Go to: