loontje
Clownfish
Clownfish
745 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Phantasmat Collector's Edition

[Post New]by loontje on Feb 1, 11 1:31 PM
Well, this game is definitely pure eye candy. Both the graphics and the music are very atmospheric and creepy. And the option to switch from hidden object scene to match 3 is definitely original. So I'm siding with the people who liked it or even loved it on this one.

elenasstar
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by elenasstar on Feb 2, 11 11:55 AM
This is THE BEST game I've ever played! Well worth the collector's price for bonus game time. Let's see more like this!!!!!!

[Post New]by snm4eva on Feb 6, 11 9:22 PM
Phantasmat Collector's Edition is a DEFINITE catch. For all those out their who love Hidden Object games, life couldn't get better. Amazing storyline. The graphics are great and the film grain option enhances the gameplay. There are three stages to choose from - Casual, Challenge and Extreme. As compared to the MCF series, the objects here are easier to find. And for players who are not very accustomed to H/O gameplay, fret not, there is also a match three option available. Voice-overs and concept art is BRILLIANT! Music and sound effects are great. Around 5-6 hours of gameplay, depending on how well you are accustomed to H/O games. Visuals are creepy and keep you engaged.
A tip for the player... Keep your eyes open when you are playing and click anything that is click-able (Not in the H/O scenes though. LOL!), and you will see things which you might not have noticed otherwise.
{HINT: When you ring the hotel bell, Keep YOUR eyes FIXED on the door, you'll get a surprise}
The CE provides special bonus levels at the end which are a treat.
Overall- It's a great game , though personally a few less H/O scenes would seem better. For those of you who are debating whether or not to buy this game... Take a chance and do it...You might end up loving the game.
5 thumbs-up

bluecat434
Clownfish
Clownfish
858 Posts

[Post New]by bluecat434 on Feb 7, 11 7:42 PM
It's difficult to find anything to add. I just wanted to agree with the majority of those posting---I think this is a great game. It plays a little like Ravenhearst 2, although the puzzles and mini-games are not quite as challenging. The music is beautiful---a little of Ravenhearst meets Danny Elfman. The graphics are clear, gorgeous, and the cut scenes are a joy.

It really does have all the "extras." It might not be for those who would prefer fewer HOG scenes, but I think these are pretty well done. And, of course, there's also the option to substitute match-3 for any and all H0 screens. It's also possible to move back and forth between the two modes within one scene. (You can start with H0 and move into match-3 and back again.)

As a result of that, the replay value is much higher than for most ihogs. I'm usually a little frustrated with the CE trend, but I think this one is worth the price.

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Feb 13, 11 6:48 PM
I thought this game was very well done with lovely artwork and engaging story line. I found the bonus chapter to be very involving and enjoyed playing it. In this case I think the collector's edition is worth the extra money because the bonus chapter adds to the story line and was very suspensesful. I never use the wallpapers, but liked seeing the concept art and artists notes in the bonus section. If you are on the fence about whether to get the short or longer version of the game, buy the longer one--it's worth the extra money.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Feb 14, 11 8:50 PM
Overall Impression: An excellent game with a storyline that, for once, didn't feel rushed or like it appeared out of nowhere.

Media Description: The graphics were clear although dark for most of the game; given the setting of the story, that was to be expected. The voiceovers were very well done. The music was a little intense at times, but overall it was tolerable.

Storyline: The storyline was well developed and told basically through voiceovers and cut scenes. I especially liked the fact that the ending felt like a natural progression of the story and not something that was suddenly jumped to just because the developers felt like it was time to end the game.

Gameplay: It started out by allowing you to choose between three levels of difficulty (easy, average, and hard) I chose average; in that mode, the gameplay was pretty much your standard IHOG/Adventure fare. There was a fair amount of backtracking and wandering around so people with slow computers might not be happy about that. Many times a search scene was reloaded for no apparent reason other than the developers needed a place to hide an object. Discovering that made me do a lot more backtracking and rechecking than I normally would have. The game also had the option of playing Match 3 games in lieu of searching for the objects in the HOG scenes. I decided that searching for the objects was probably a bit faster.

HOG Scenes: The HOG scenes were your typical junkpiles. Naturally some of them were easier to search through than others. If I'm remembering correctly, the cursor was disabled for a few seconds if you had too many misclicks in a row.

Minigames/puzzles: For the most part, the minigames fit the gameplay well. I didn't find any of them to be too difficult. Most (maybe even all) could be skipped after a couple of minutes if you didn't want to play them.

Hints: The hints were unlimited but took three minutes to refill after each use. (Loved the fact that it actually told you how much longer you had to wait!). Finding objects from the list made it refill faster.

Will Probably Appeal to: People who enjoy IHOG/Adventures and games that are a bit tense with a dark and eerie kind of atmosphere.

Will Probably Not Appeal to: People who don't like a lot of dark scenes in their games or who are sensitive to violence.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Feb 15, 11 8:28 PM
I'm now playing this game (non-collector's edition)for a second time. I really really wish I would have bought the collector's edition instead of the regular one. I would have loved to play the bonus game. I bought the Collector's edition of the Time travelers and have been kicking myself ever since. I do hope they come out with a Phantasmat 2. I will be buying the collector's edition of that one.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 15, 11 9:41 PM
mary102696 wrote:I'm now playing this game (non-collector's edition)for a second time. I really really wish I would have bought the collector's edition instead of the regular one. I would have loved to play the bonus game. I bought the Collector's edition of the Time travelers and have been kicking myself ever since. I do hope they come out with a Phantasmat 2. I will be buying the collector's edition of that one.

Hi mary102696! Just thought you might like to know that it is possible for you to upgrade to the CE, just contact Big Fish. I haven't done it myself, but I believe the process is that you go ahead and buy the CE and they will refund you the price of the SE (or give you a game credit). Just get in touch with them, you can use the green envelope on the right, and they'll tell you how to do it.

Voice_Mail
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Voice_Mail on Feb 15, 11 11:59 PM
Really enjoyed this game. Decent enough story, but my favourite part was the art work. This game looks absolutely amazing - I love that the artists haven't taken short cuts. The voice acting is also very good (which is surprising, I've heard some terrible voice actors...).

I liked that you could switch between hidden object mode or match-3 gameplay in the HOG scenes - it kept it interesting and stopped an possible boredom while playing the game.

Puzzles weren't too hard - I was able to get through all of them with no skip. There are lots of trophies to collect, so I'll definitely be playing through again - might have a go at the extreme mode.

There's also more replay value in the collectors as you can play any of the HOG scenes or match-3s again in the extras section, and earn ratings for those.

Also enjoyed the soundtrack and especially all the concept artwork - the artwork is so stand out in this game.

Also includes an epilogue chapter, detailed character profiles and wallpapers.

Would recommend this game, and the collectors edition was definitely worth it.

[Post New]by Bilko_Bilko on Feb 17, 11 4:13 AM
The game was certainly different. A bit slow but the general atmosphere was fantastic. Loved the start. Lets see how it goes till the end of the trial, still 30 min to go.

[Post New]by Opticspy on Feb 19, 11 11:07 PM
I have had this game for 2 days and have played it thru twice! The only thing missing is a Time mode that provides a ranking as I love to time myself against myself using multiple profiles. Loved the graphics and story line but puzzles could have been just a little harder. Skipped easiest mode completed level two and extreme modes used no hints and obtained all trophies and will play this game more until I can beat my best time of?????? Oh yeah that is the downfall as I can not tell how long I take to find objects and solve the puzzles. Give this game an 7 out of 10. The bonuses are nice too.

[Post New]by KalyptoRage on Feb 21, 11 12:20 PM
Absolutely LOVED this game! However, I wish there was more to the girl (who's name I have forgotten). I adored the voice acting, mainly the voices themselves. Especially the "hotel owner" *cough cough*. It was very...alluring if not "I'm going to eat your future babies" -ish. I must admit, the music at times became very overwhelming, thus making it difficult to focus when looking for objects and solving puzzles. I did not play the CE being that I usually am looking for a good game to play, enjoy and beat...unless it has early access to a possible future story...but I am not sure if this one does.

Thanks BFG! Official 2nd post!

[Post New]by junk5000 on Feb 21, 11 9:28 PM
Love the game! But, HELP!!!!! I cannot figure out the Memorial Monument box in the ruined room. Can anyone help?!?!?!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 21, 11 10:03 PM
junk5000 wrote:Love the game! But, HELP!!!!! I cannot figure out the Memorial Monument box in the ruined room. Can anyone help?!?!?!

You will not be able to open that when you first see it. Continue the game and when you need what is in it you will have found the code to open it.

SPOILER - Highlight below to read:
You have to play the piano first.

[Post New]by junk5000 on Feb 22, 11 7:03 PM
Maybe I am not asking the right question. The hint button keeps telling me to go to the cemetary. I haven't found the last key for the piano and cannot find any "new" place to obtain the key. Can anyone tell me what I am missing? And what is this "walk-thru" that I keep reading about?!?! Thanks!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 22, 11 7:48 PM
junk5000 wrote:Maybe I am not asking the right question. The hint button keeps telling me to go to the cemetary. I haven't found the last key for the piano and cannot find any "new" place to obtain the key. Can anyone tell me what I am missing? And what is this "walk-thru" that I keep reading about?!?! Thanks!
If you purchased the Collector's Edition, you have a strategy guide with the game in the upper left corner. It will give you the locations of a all the keys. If you have the standard edition, you can go to that forum and in the top 2 or 3 posts is one with a link to the walk through. If you click to go there, you will find a page that tells you where everything is in the game and what you need to do.

Piano keys that I remember the location of are listed below. I have to "hide" them so those who don't want to see them won't. Highlight after spoiler to read.

SPOILER
Old lady's room H0 scene
caretaker's cottage H0 scene
porch H0 scene
gate H0 scene
grave H0 scene

[Post New]by junk5000 on Feb 23, 11 1:49 PM
I did not purchase the collector's edition. :-( Caretaker's Cottage?!?! Is that the same as the Keeper's Lodge at the cemetary? I don't remember any **** at the Keeper's Lodge.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 23, 11 2:07 PM
@junk5000
Yes, I mean that lodge at the cemetery -- forgot the name. When you enter there is an H0 scene to the left of the piano by the window. The sparklies are not always really bright there. But don't miss it. There actually are 2 H0 scenes that occur there. If I remember correctly, one is when you first enter and one is as you are leaving after doing the piano puzzle and other things.

[Post New]by junk5000 on Feb 23, 11 4:51 PM
I will give it a go, mcurty! Thanks so much!!!!!

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Feb 26, 11 11:49 PM
Just finished the game. Excellent graphics, intriguing stroyline, great voice overs. Hidden object scenes easy to spot and particuarly liked the option of playing hidden object or match 3. Going from place to place was a bit tedious and the bonus play was very short.

Go to: