Seascape6
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight

[Post New]by Seascape6 on Aug 14, 11 2:41 PM
Based on what I've read here, I do have to try this one! Thanks!

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Sep 29, 11 10:23 AM
Guess I am in the minority here. I did not like this game. I wanted to like it because I love vampire stuff, although there are only two BFG vampire games that I have found I like (Dracula-Love Kills and Blood Oath).

I found the dialogue annoying (turned off the voice sound), the hint system useless, confusion as to what to do next. Why do you need to open three locks on a gate that you can't go through because there's a snake, then you just click on the compass to go to another location? Doesn't make any sense. Since when are vampires afraid of snakes? Or can't climb a gate?

The guy in the pickle barrel scene was ridiculous. All that dialogue to get through just for one item. I don't buy games to laugh at dialogue. I want only the minimum of dialogue.

In the "fashion scene" where you have to pick out the Ancient Greek (or was it Roman?) outfit, it was easy to find the clothes and get the diamond button, but it wasn't clear that the scene was finished.

Overall I did not enjoy this game at all. It seems to be all style and no substance. And, from what other reviewers are saying, it isn't even complete, but a "to be continued" type game.

I didn't even finish the demo; while I am typing this I am letting the demo time expire. I tried this once before and played for 10 minutes. I downloaded it again to see if I would change my mind about it and still couldn't finish the trial version. I used to be a fan of Charlaine Harris and had a set of the Sookie books, but didn't finish them because she started throwing in werewolves and shapeshifters. Maybe that dislike of her books is coloring my judgment, but I don't think so.

[Post New]by Jadesname on Sep 30, 11 8:55 PM
is there any news yet on when there might be another "chapter" coming out? am dying to know, lol

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Oct 25, 11 12:35 PM
Just finished the demo & bought straight away. This is a hoot! For anyone that has played IPLAY games before you will recognize the female vampire's voice immediately...

Although most of it is in the dark it's not really eerie & this guy that has popped up twice now is a real laugh & for a cartoony character he is quite cute! LOL
Looking forward to continuing this game, for a change!

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on Nov 6, 11 4:00 PM
Absolutely brilliant, can't wait for the next installment.

Congrats Charlaine Harris, IPlay, Nikotiva and BFG, this game is exceptional, cannot find fault with any of it, one out of the box:

jojo

Starchild6
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by Starchild6 on Nov 11, 11 1:25 AM
Fabulous game! Only problem is the special cursor. My poor old computer just isn't up to it. I can play, but it is so slow. Worse, my speakers have died, so I can't comment on the sound! I really need a new computer! But with four kids..... So please don't mention how great the music and voice-overs are in games! (Just kidding!)

I can't imagine anything that could possibly offend me. I may have a sensitive bone in my body, but just haven't found it yet. I love vampires and ghouls and dragons - if my computer were decent, I would still be playing games like Oblivion. I am so glad I found BFG, cause I can play most of them.

This game is original, lots of unique little features, and you have to think at times. Amusing graphics. It is obvious that a lot of time has been spent on its development. Yes, it is a bit like the Gabriel Knight series - they were great games. I don't much like romantic vampire movies or books, can't see any future in romance with a vampire!

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 5, 12 11:23 AM
This is actually a cute vampire game, I love vampire stories, but this one was just funny, I had a great time with it, the HOS were nice and the story line was just entertaining.

Fantastic game, I will love to see a follow up series with a nice CE.

[Post New]by katiejean53 on Jan 15, 12 10:22 AM
I love this game! I've played it 3 or 4 times already. But when is #2 coming out? I been keeping a eye out for it. Will it be out soon? I can't wait to play it!

[Post New]by expertGamer520 on Jan 18, 12 9:58 PM
LOVE THIS GAME!!!!HURRY UP WITH PART 2 PLEASE

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jan 27, 12 8:08 AM
Ok, this is a buy...haven't even finished the demo and I'm "bitten".

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jan 29, 12 7:39 AM
Love this game, but got to the pirate ship in chapter 4 and despite having all items (flag disappeared from inventory though) and have given the bird all she wants, I cannot board the ship so the game has ended there for me. How sad as I was enjoying it so much. Unfortunately, this issue has not been addressed in the technical issues and BF help is useless, as always so my heart breaks.

Later addition: Completed game!!! What a treat, but the game is a tricky one. Finally found the flag even though I thought I had already put it in my inventory. It was in the slot at the bottom of the flag stand. After I found that the game went smoothly to the end. Had no technical issues except that one little thing and it may have been my own fault! LOL. Love this game and can't wait for the next one. Love her sassy attitude. One of the few I left the voice-overs on. Won't miss with this one.

Edited on 02/01/2012 at 7:01:36 AM PST

[Post New]by sundance3 on Feb 18, 12 6:48 PM
LOVE THIS. Everything is great about this game - from the music at the start to the art work to the story to the game play. Totally recommend it. SEQUEL PLEASE!!!

psylocibin
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by psylocibin on Aug 4, 12 10:07 PM
This game is on sale and you get an extra punch this weekend and I have to say the game is fun, all kind of different things like changing to vampire sense and using a map instead of always having to trace in fact one can not trace one's way back have to use the map, and the dress for the scene is fun because you have to pick from varying scenes and I liked the game where you have to shoot the one eyed all in all just a great different game Buy it now and get all kinds of booty cheap game extra punch and a great game. YAY

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Jan 25, 13 9:02 PM
obviously I've bought the game way later than anyone else. I'm in the last chapter, and even with the walkthrough cannot proceed as the compass (map) won't allow me to go where I need to in order to get the two quarters. So i've wasted alot of time.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 6, 13 8:28 AM
4 or 5? THAT is the question

GAME COMPLETED MANY TIMES

I'm finding it really hard to rate this one... Which describes the whole game - really hard. Not the HO scenes, the adventure stuff.

I really love this one. A hip vampire chick with funky attitude, and wicked dress sense, I thought, what's not to like?

I really loved the intro music, enough to look up the performers (The Scarlet Furies). The gameplay, artwork and story, are all delightfully captivating and original.

But it was very hard for me, not as experienced as I am now, to get a handle on the game. The IDEA of the game kept me battling on gamely, walkthrough in hand, until I had finished it, and I have enjoyed playing through it all again now I've got the hang of it. Which I guess speaks for how replayable this one is.

The ending is very disappointing, because it promises a sequel that has yet to materialise, and the story is unfinished. I guess I'd say that was my only other gripe than the difficulty.

In fact, after writing all this, I figure if you're a better gamer than me (not hard), this one is probably worth a 5.

I recommend this game!

dan46
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by dan46 on Jan 3, 14 3:13 AM
I like the game but were is part 2 coming out

dancehawk
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by dancehawk on Aug 18, 14 7:26 PM
Very upset bought the game to find out it is only 4 episode's your not even half way through the game and they cut it off.. what a rip off.

[Post New]by Fast_Eddie on Dec 3, 14 2:25 PM
I have been a True Blood fan for years and all of Charlaine Harris' books, so I jumped at this game. I love the music (except the circusy-like selection) and the Vamp Lady is the best. I was actually relieved that there is a Part 2, because there are 4 characters to hunt down & deal with and I have been at it for a while and am only at #2. My only gripe is that I was unaware that the potatoes would become TOO rotten and disappear if left too long in the Quick Compost pile at Hog Haven! I was not quick enough and I am 3 potatoes shy for the recipe and have NO idea where to get more. I was resigned to the fact that I probably will have to go back and start the game as another player. Assembling outfits for the mannequin was cool and it was like dressing a department store mannequin.

jodice
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

How long does this take to download?

[Post New]by jodice on Apr 3, 15 3:13 PM
I have been trying to download this on my PC and it is taking forever! I have made sure the firewall is not blocking it, gave my permission to have it run...so far it has been over 2 hours trying to download it! I hope it is a great game once it gets installed!

Go to: