k95401
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition

[Post New]by k95401 on May 24, 11 9:57 PM
I have purchased over a 100 games on Big Fish. Im a huge fan of RTR, Dire Grove , 13th skull and the all the others..too many to name. This game takes the cake.
Holy Batman what more could I want. Talk about action cut scenes, live animation. Lots O puzzles, awesome **** scenes. Awards for our A types. Frogs a plently to find. I think this game far exceeds any expectation and has now set the bar for new games. BFG has cornered the market with the "better" games. But I have to say Mystery Trackers is "in it to win it" Im offically calling it the "BEST GAME EVER"..

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Bpup on May 24, 11 11:49 PM
I just finished the main portion of the CE and all I can say is "Wow!". This has got to have been one of the best games I've played - I'd say even better than Return To Ravenhurst in some ways because those cut scenes in Raincliff actually gave me chills, which was the first time that had happened to me in any game. I was able to do most of the mini-puzzles, but some of them were so hard for me to figure out, even with the strategy guide, that I wound up skipping them - which was okay by me. I'd rather be challenged and fail than just breeze through the mini-puzzles. I liked that there were reset buttons on some of the puzzles - I think that should be an automatic feature, like the skip button.

I liked the story, and the game developers kept the plot going throughout the whole game. I wound up using the hint button somewhat often - mainly because I wasn't playing the game continuously and would forget some of the bits and pieces that were left undone in other scenes. Then I would do a figurative headsmack and say to myself, "I knew that!". The music nicely added to the atmosphere and the tension of some of the scenes. I didn't have any of the problems with the game play that others had mentioned, and I had downloaded my version before the patch was issued.

I am definitely going to check out the other Mystery Trackers game now.

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on May 25, 11 3:05 AM
Hey everybody!
I said I'd come back and review if/when I finished/bought game. /
Spoiler Alert!:
Towards the end, I really didn't care too much about saving the characters... Maybe the girl? Confusing how they interrelated: invisible ppl...Really??? I just wanted it to end and fast! .
BUT If you need a long game---This, is LONG! But only because of the running around/puzzles it appears as such.
Although it's "good", it's not great and is highly annoying because too much was put into it.:
Too many puzzles, super blended color to hardly visible (occasional) interactive ih/scenes,tm/achievements,secret items....running around everywhere...etc
I don't think one could play this w/o a walkthrough (but some of y'all fishes r that ). Me, I'm about to pass out just writing this! Overall, this was a very good try.
But ...All I kept thinking was:
THIS IS NOT DIRE GROVE....(a game that was completely original and with substance).
That's my two cents! Enjoy

*edited cuz' I forgot a for scare factor/good try by devs. Otherwise, I stick to my opinion. *

Edited on 05/25/2011 at 3:28:16 AM PST

timothya
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by timothya on May 25, 11 8:30 PM
No doubt this CE is worth the money! Long, convoluted, excellent plot that revealed itself at a pace that kept me playing after I probably should have quit for the evening. Plenty of play here.

A couple of the puzzles seemed overly complicated or maybe I just didn't get the pattern, but the rest were a wonderful mix. Pleasant music, really creepy at times, and absolutely gorgeous graphics. And yes, as some others have mentioned, the cut scenes coming out of nowhere made you as leery about going around that next corner as you might be in real life. Very well done!

There are a LOT of challenges open simultaneously in this game and I found myself having to take notes just to keep track of them all. Having the strategy guide handy without exiting the game was a real plus for this one.

Five fins of five, and a big thank-you to the developers who obviously worked very hard on this one.

eglianna
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Game play

[Post New]by eglianna on May 26, 11 8:05 AM
This game is a very good game, but a little way into it I lost interest because of all the back tracking.

Ceorl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Ceorl on May 30, 11 12:50 PM
I have just finished Mystery Trackers: Raincliff CE. There are a lot of places to visit and overall the game presents a very good challenge for completion. The videos are good and create an integral part of the story. I found the game very relaxing and took my time travelling to and fro from place to place solving the clues and finding the hidden objects. I found a couple of the puzzles somewhat difficult but I persevered to solve them and was all the more thankful for being able to beat the challenge. I managed to collect most of the achievements but could not find ten objects in ten seconds straight off - it took about two or three seconds just to comprehend the layouts. The story is interesting and I thoroughly enjoyed the journey visiting all the scenes and seeing all the marvelous arrangements. I recommend it.

mollyroselee
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mollyroselee on Jun 2, 11 1:02 PM
just finished ...loved this game. great graphics!!!! let's have some more like this one!

shany1
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by shany1 on Jun 3, 11 10:40 PM
Just finished Mystery Trackers: Raincliff CE and it was worth every dollar It had more twist and turns then the last CEs that have been out. I loved this game! Really enjoyed the storyline the bonus was short but just as good. Looks like the next one is in the works. Thank You Big Fish for such a wonderful game.

benchivo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by benchivo on Jun 4, 11 2:34 PM
This is the second Mystery Trackers I've purchased and enjoyed it very much. I played it once and then played again and like someone else posted had to use the guide several times throughout game play. I was impressed with the length and enjoyed the story line very much. But these old eyes had a hard time seeing some of the tiny objects. All in all, it was very enjoyable.

unhappyplayer
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by unhappyplayer on Jun 4, 11 5:15 PM
AWESOME ! AWESOME ! AWESOME ! EVERY GAME YOU MAKE JUST GETS BETTER AND BETTER. THANKS

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Jun 5, 11 7:26 AM
FANTASTIC game! Absolutely loved it, especially the cut scenes and the music. One of the best I've played and well worth the 2 credits spent. A decent length - especially as I started on adventure mode and got about half way through before being stuck so badly at one puzzle with no skip option or reset that I had to restart on advanced!

I love all the Elephant Games and can't wait for the next one in this series as hinted at in the epilogue.

[Post New]by WillieBo on Jun 6, 11 8:14 AM
I just purchased this game and was really enjoying it until I got to the part where you have to light the lantern in the mill. My matches were used on the gasoline and are now gone. How am I supposed to light the lantern?

Please help.

Thank you

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 6, 11 3:59 PM
I loved this game. One of the very best here at big fish. For the first time I actually 'jumped' at some cut scenes. The cut scenes were first class. One of my top 5 games.

If I had to nickpick the only negatives -

- my bonus play had sparkles in it although I was playing it in mode with no sparkles.
- some of the puzzles/minigames didn't have reset buttons which I needed.
- no widescreen option/play

odarney
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by odarney on Jun 6, 11 4:26 PM
This is one of the best games thus far! The individual puzzles are very challenging (for me, anyway), the storyline is good, the action is great. This is a VERY LONG RUNNING GAME, and you definitely get your money's worth. A+

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Jun 6, 11 6:21 PM
I gotta say that this would be one of the best games ever from I bought the CE when it came out and don't regret it for a minute. Have already had hours of play and still not finished !! Keep 'em coming I am one happy customer!!

[Post New]by bigi76 on Jun 8, 11 2:16 AM
I am new to this forum stuff but not to the games its very useful to see what other gamers think before you waste your time. looks like a good game will give it a whirl and update later

[Post New]by agnesodette on Jun 8, 11 6:08 AM
Like bigi76, I'm new on the forum but I'm a big fan of BFG and experienced in HOG and I loved this one, very long and difficult enough to please me, one of the best I played so far (with RTR and Dire Grove)

[Post New]by wendycwill on Jun 8, 11 6:45 AM
I have purchased over 100 hidden object collector's edition games this year and this one is by far the BEST. It was well worth the $ I spent. It did not end too soon, it was full of action and adventure, lots of puzzles through out, the plot was good, it was long, and I could not stop playing it (I fell asleep playing, woke up hand stil on mouse). GREAT JOB developers, and Big Fish for this one. look forward to part 2. We need more collector's editions like this.

I just don't get why they have to tell you every single step.

[Post New]by snorklecat on Jun 8, 11 2:34 PM
It looked promising... and then it became apparent that the game was going to tell me every single thing to do... (eg. "with wire cutters, I would be able to cut the wires and then remove the wheel...." ) etc etc. Why can't they just let US figure that out? This is why I play games after all. I would rather solve the puzzles myself. Otherwise, it's just a big boring exercise in tracking down items and being told exactly what to do with them. Not going to buy this. Thank goodness for the try before you buy feature.

Edited on 06/08/2011 at 2:35:20 PM PST

odarney
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by odarney on Jun 8, 11 7:54 PM
Yes, I agree! The best game since Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove! I rate this game an A+ for storyline, graphics, LENGTH OF PLAY...and more. A definite buy!

Go to: