rlwoole
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by rlwoole on Nov 18, 13 11:30 AM
edogawaranpo wrote:Title screen starts to load, wolf howls, then game freezes. No error message, no easy fixes apparent. Hope this is corrected soon. Need my Dark Manor fix.

Memento Mori

Same thing happening here. I played earlier with no problems.

LaReinaGitana
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by LaReinaGitana on Nov 18, 13 11:35 AM
I'm having the same problem.

I'm in Washington State, and playing on a PC. I'm getting "Access code violation at 0x1311A69D; tried to read 0x00000007); program terminated."

[Post New]by hiphopmama09 on Nov 18, 13 11:46 AM
Great to see all these posts so that I see it's not just my computer.

Yes, started a few days ago, when it would occasionally crash as a scene was opening, but now it's the entire game that freezes before entering the gates.

[Post New]by snowflakessis on Nov 18, 13 11:58 AM
I have been playing Dark Manor for months now. Played last night. This afternoon I can't even get in the game, it freezes on the enter page and has told me two things,
ASSERT X
doesn't look like your graphics device is supported in this game
and could not create full screen device at 1024x768 What's going on? other games work! Bonnie B

Edited on 11/18/2013 at 12:00:47 PM PST

[Post New]by west3pups on Nov 18, 13 12:07 PM
I can't get past the enter screen. The game shows some sort of error of a file not able to be read. Does anyone know if uninstalling/reinstalling solves any issues & do you keep your current level & items? Thanks!

[Post New]by Ruddred0 on Nov 18, 13 12:37 PM
Its all working again!

[Post New]by west3pups on Nov 18, 13 1:26 PM
Ruddred0 is right! Started working out of nowhere! Thanks BFG!

LaReinaGitana
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by LaReinaGitana on Nov 18, 13 3:41 PM
Let's all just hope this latest "fix" lasts, because it seems that things are running more smoothly than they have in several days ... (shhhhhh ... don't want to say it too loudly or the gremlins might overhear).

Candle_Light
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Candle_Light on Nov 18, 13 4:40 PM
I still cant get in. But Now instead of trying to write to location 0, or my stack, it just stops at the DarkManner screen and quits... I changed to windowed mode so I could just close it without using the task manager.

Candle_Light
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

I still cannot get past the Dark Manner Opening screen....

[Post New]by Candle_Light on Nov 18, 13 5:33 PM
Is anyone else having this issue still?

Also, I am thinking of a reinstall. So a few questions...

1. Will I lose my Manor if I just uninsall and reinstall?

2. If the answer is yes, which are the critical files I need to rename in order to save my Manor, my items.. and progress to date?

Thank-you

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Nov 18, 13 6:07 PM
Uninstalling and reinstalling should not remove your manor since you are on a PC. Having said that, be sure to note your Dark Manor ID (Settings pop-up) in case you need to go to Customer Support to get it back. When I had to move to a new PC, CS had to restore for me (I don't do Facebook). If you are signed up through FB your backup there can be used from the Enter screen.

Candle_Light
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Candle_Light on Nov 18, 13 6:17 PM
Hey PTBT,

Well, the DM- # is a no go when you cant' actually get to the Enter screen to get to the settings. But I read the next topic and ended up writing to the BFG guy (twice). I did uninstall and reinstall, but same thing occurred.

I did send BF support a message a few weeks ago, about the scenes crashing just after it took you energy, and I did include my ID then, I just can't figure out if I can see my sent messages since they apparanly don't go thru my normal Outlook.

No matter, it was fun and for those peeps that sent those premium gifts THANK YOU, they were unexpected and made me smile.

GL all, we will see what happens. Off to a different vice of the night....

Candle_Light
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Candle_Light on Nov 19, 13 12:46 AM
It just gets worse.....

Ok, so I tried to get in again and same thing, no getting by that first screen. So I set the game to run as admin, even tho I am the admin, and now, the first screen dont even show! It doesn't start up at all.

Keep in mind, all the other games BF games work fine.

So I uninstalled, reinstalled (twice even) and the game just wont even start up. Checked task manager and nada.

So DO NOT GIFT to "The Hermatage" because I can't play the game anymore.

I am hoping the BF guy writes back...

I am on a Windows PC, directX is 11 and I am running Vista. My graphics card is fine so don't even go there....

I would think that the BF game manager has lost sight of Dark Manor on my PC, so what to do now?

[Post New]by jspear360 on Nov 19, 13 6:23 AM
what is going on? the game will not load past the title page!! it has been like this for 24hrs.i have put a lot of time and money into this game,so please fix the problem asap.

bvifun
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by bvifun on Nov 19, 13 9:41 AM
jspear360 wrote:what is going on? the game will not load past the title page!! it has been like this for 24hrs.i have put a lot of time and money into this game,so please fix the problem asap.

I am glad to hear I am not the only one. This explains why it is taking tech support so long to get back to me.

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Nov 19, 13 10:09 AM
G'day,

I wanted to take a second to let you know that we are hard at work investigating why our PC users are having trouble loading the game.

We really appreciate your patience and I'll update as soon as I know more.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Candle_Light
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Candle_Light on Nov 19, 13 10:57 AM
Hi all,

Well I managed to get back to just the title screen issue by unmarking run as admin on the application file. But still can't play.

I did get email from customer support and they are looking into the issues with PC players.

upthkazo2
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by upthkazo2 on Nov 19, 13 12:34 PM
Sorry to bother you again, but I just lost my 'Creepy Mementoes'. I have been waiting for it to summon. I was moving objects around as a new plot finally summoned. I don't know if this is why it disappeared or not.

upthkazo2
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by upthkazo2 on Nov 19, 13 1:55 PM
In regards to my earlier post, Re: Creepy Momentoes, I forgot to mention that I have a HP desktop pc.

Anpunefru1
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by Anpunefru1 on Nov 19, 13 4:54 PM
upthkazo2 wrote:Sorry to bother you again, but I just lost my 'Creepy Mementoes'. I have been waiting for it to summon. I was moving objects around as a new plot finally summoned. I don't know if this is why it disappeared or not.

I had the same thing happening to me. Plus an increase of hangs (access violation error) were the complete pc freezes, normaly i can close via escape and restart.
Gifts are going up in smoke too today.

Go to: