Reviews for Midnight Castle

Re:Reviews for Midnight Castle

[Post New]by TNTtimelord on Feb 11, 16 1:56 PM
[continued]
... And Rune of Cruelty
--Make your quest and HOS items more diverse. Use ALL the HOSs. Force me to go to the newer ones more often, because they're flipping beautiful, even at 41! Personal favorites are Flying Boat, Warden's Office, and Rock Tree quickly climbed to the top.
-Some hit boxes are kind of awkward, especially in the beginning section with the broken wagon and such. The Book-Lover's Shop HOS in the Commercial District also has it's hit box line literally showing, at least for me.
-I hope you make some of the achievements at least possible, like the daily quests and unlocking furniture slot ones. I've unlocked all the possible ones and I have no reason to waste magic shards on Trina's quests now, considering I'm trying to save up on the extremely expensive furniture.
--Either add a new room choice or add more slots so I can finish those achievements.

CLOSING STATEMENT AND SCORE:
I know, plenty of complaints, but honestly most of them don't outweigh the experience, as I still enjoy it just fine, but I'm only speaking on behalf of myself. There are some things you need to change. Be more forgiving to those who don't want to spend money, you'll get a better name for your country that way.
At a final, I give you about a 3.8/5

Note to those who incessantly complain about the update: just be civil about. The developers could care less about the customers they've already lost, and they won't adhere to the few who threaten to quit just because you don't always get what you want (want & need are different). If you're gonna complain, give an example to how they can fix it, or you're just gonna end up talking to bots.

vloess
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by vloess on Feb 20, 16 10:14 AM
I was enjoying the game until today and my rating of the game just hit bottom. I got the challenge from the professor to help three character doesn't sound bad right. Except that all together I have to help them 37 times with each time they need two object, each object needs a minimum of three items to make it. To get each item you go to a zoom zone, each zone needs at least 2 to 6 items. I am on level 18 which means there are only 14 HOS and you only really can get the items from three while the rest of the HOS' gives you coins instead so you can't get even a little ahead. Wait it get worse because you can only play every hour and for some reason each character wants the same things at the same zoom zones. I figured it will take me over a month to finish this one challenge. What will all this time get me, three trinkets to add to this charm bracelet that wants over 16 of them so I can get to another part of the castle. That means I will have to play the same 14 HOS again and again to feel like I am getting nowhere.
On top of that the other pieces like pets takes me at least three days to get enough food to feed just one. Trina takes a minimum of at least four hours of play to get one key but you need a minimum of 3 to open anything in your room. Then you can't buy anything since Trina took everything and the prices are so ridiculous you know you would have to buy diamonds to add furniture to your room and it has nothing to do with the original game. The wheel never gives me anything I really need unless I spend a ridiculous amount. Mainly the wheel gives me crystal balls for hints in the HOS which I do not want to use. The slot machine with Trina you win about 1 out of 4 times. Then the dice game is even harder because I have won that about 1 out of 9 tries.
So what this all adds up to is spending money for diamonds to speed up the game but then you will have to consistently do it just to get anywhere. I now wish I didn't even start the game. I am on level 18 and it took me many hours to get here but this last challenge was just to much. I love playing, the graphics so far have been great but a month of the same thing over and over again will wear down the most patient of people.
Dev must make it a little easier to advance especially for the new players.

Edited on 02/20/2016 at 11:20:50 AM PST

Glendasd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Glendasd on Feb 23, 16 8:44 AM
Well, I must say this is a great game but too repetitive. Having said that I am addicted. So much so that I have injured my right arm and hand with all the tapping. But did I stop? NO, I just use my left hand now. Good luck. What keeps me going? The anticipation of new areas and levels to explore.

Have fun~

Edited on 02/23/2016 at 8:44:33 AM PST

playingthegame
Salmon
Salmon
2,748 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Feb 25, 16 3:51 PM
Glendasd wrote:Well, I must say this is a great game but too repetitive. Having said that I am addicted. So much so that I have injured my right arm and hand with all the tapping. But did I stop? NO, I just use my left hand now. Good luck. What keeps me going? The anticipation of new areas and levels to explore.

Have fun~

Perhaps the possibility of a hand injury due to RSI (repetitive strain injury) needs to be thought about, especially if you become addicted to this lovely game.
I can play up to 10 hours a day, but it is on and off with toilet, food and drinks breaks. Sometimes I notice the weather outside, on other days i don't!
If I feel any tightening in my arm, or wrist muscles then I stop and do something else. I have had RSI in the past due to working on computers and it is not pleasant and does not go away quickly.
If in doubt consult your physician!

Clairelle
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Clairelle on Mar 5, 16 12:28 AM

Edited on 03/05/2016 at 11:13:20 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 5, 16 11:57 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you to all who've been taking the time to post their reviews and feedback for the game. I would also like to mention that this thread is reserved for reviews of the game. According to the Review Guidelines posted by bfgWendwater:

I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

Additionally, I want to ask that we please keep the Forum Rules in mind while posting. Specifically:

Keep posts family-friendly. Posts that contain defamatory, explicit, obscene, threatening, or offensive content will be removed.

The Moderation Team requests that users please make sure to exclude profanity from posts and discussions. By noting these rules and guidelines, we can help keep this thread respectful and easy to navigate.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by gamersusan51 on Mar 8, 16 3:24 AM
Okay, so the latest update is here, and guess what those coins and chards are still in the HOS scenes. Sorry I have now officially quit the game. I said I would if this did not change, and it didn't. Have fun all.

raike
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

friend codes between pc and ipad

[Post New]by raike on Mar 25, 16 8:45 AM
is there any possibility get friends on different Systems?

[Post New]by Lola301495 on Apr 1, 16 4:56 PM
I've been playing this game at least for about an year, it's a nice break while I'm working and have to think about something. I was 68 level and had to update my Windows, and then I had to start from zero. It wouldn't be that bad if the rules were the same but now it's crazy different and much more difficult. Getting stupid crystals, which you need only if you want to accomplish some achievements is very annoying, also there isn't any logic about how you get this or that item when playing at the same place. But what really bugs me is that there are 2 "wheels of fortune" around every item you do, and for all this time I've got just once something different than money or those stupid sceptres and globes for finding objects which I never use. Why then do I see so much useful things that never come to me?

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
3,688 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Apr 1, 16 7:48 PM
Raike..........Welcome to the Forum! Unfortunately no...........friends have to be on same platforms.

Lola.........Most of us don't like the update where they took away our inventory......there is a thread in forum where we all post our displeasure........called something like Regarding Update of 1/20. The crafting wheel.........yup, that's what we all get..........the other good stuff that flies by...........nobody has ever received those!

BooBoo9339
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by BooBoo9339 on Apr 9, 16 11:08 PM
I play on PC and just want to say that the Spring Event is really awesome. Really outdid themselves with the artwork. There is a new spring room and new spring pets and new achievements. I thought we would just get a rerun of the last Spring Event but they gave us so much new stuff that I'm loving the game again.
Great work dev's, best game ever!
Boo

53bb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by 53bb on Apr 27, 16 11:45 AM
gailssong wrote:Well okay since my post mysteriously disappeared I will try again.
I was really enjoying this game. I loved the graphics and storyline wasnt bad, Seemed fun. That is UNTIL I was FORCED to ACCEPT A FRIEND. who i have no idea who they are. I do not friending people on games which is why I dont play games on FB. and then you cant get out of it unless you accept them as your friend. I was not amused or happy. It ruined the game for me. If that wasnt bad enough......you were FORCED to request friends. and the only way you could get out of it was to shut your computer down.I am so disappointed. Now this is a great games for those who like to invite friends. Its not an awful game I just thought it was a little rude to force you to do it. I will be uninstalling this game because of this.

When I begin to play this game I think the same as you, unwillingy to accept
friends, later I found out that those friends become helpful to my game, on my wish list I can request for items I need the most to advance in my game. It save me time to go over and over to the same HOS for itrems, I had level up faster.
Now I am very thankful to them all, it doesen't matter if you do not know
who they are, just a bunch of people who want to play and have enough items they
do not need at the moment and want to help other player to level up,
Maybe you haven't noticed sometimes the text on the ID Avatars change,
also are messages requesting help for some especific items to finish an achivement, sometimes are thanks for the recived help, Anyway to me all of them are great. Give a try, you wont regret it. By. Binki

[Post New]by irishfirebird on May 22, 16 7:49 AM
I enjoy the game A LOT! When I am on I am addicted for at least an hour lol. I love the story & it keeps you wanting to play.

I do have 1 request to make the game better. I would spend more $ if you had more bundle buys for a discount. Like food, stamp, animal feed, gems and coins for a discount pack. Only for a limited time.

And let me add.... Dont do what a lot of gams do & say this pack is $49.99. Make it where people can afford it!

Edited on 05/22/2016 at 3:04:22 PM PST

[Post New]by debbieb1 on Jun 2, 16 8:35 PM
I am currently on level 42 & have enjoyed the game very much. Kudos to the developers.....mostly.
When many HO scenes take an hour to recharge and one quest requires 8 or 10 objects from a particular scene (in some cases more) the game becomes more like work. When that happens it is no longer enjoyable and time to call it quits. I believe I am at that point with the redundancy factor at about a 10 out of 10. It would be absolutely lovely if it didn't take days upon end to complete one quest. It's very unfortunate when such a nice game is ruined by removing the 'fun' factor.

oldgirl10
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by oldgirl10 on Jun 18, 16 11:32 AM
I first started playing this game in Jan. 2014 played it until July of 2015 then had to get new computer , and family problems so I just restarted playing October 14, 2016 I love this game it has brought me lots of entertainment with all of the changes and challenges , that's what makes for a great game , also meeting new friends from around the globe, I know it's just a game but if you try it you will get hooked and love it

playingthegame
Salmon
Salmon
2,748 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jun 19, 16 10:09 AM
debbieb1 wrote:I am currently on level 42 & have enjoyed the game very much. Kudos to the developers.....mostly.
When many HO scenes take an hour to recharge and one quest requires 8 or 10 objects from a particular scene (in some cases more) the game becomes more like work. When that happens it is no longer enjoyable and time to call it quits. I believe I am at that point with the redundancy factor at about a 10 out of 10. It would be absolutely lovely if it didn't take days upon end to complete one quest. It's very unfortunate when such a nice game is ruined by removing the 'fun' factor.

There is such a problem with some of the 10-part Daily Quests too. What I think that the developers have in mind is for you to spend some of your diamonds to speed things up. If you have no diamonds then buy some with real money from BFG. At least that is what I am thinking!
I am fortunate on being on Level 71 with many diamonds. I use them to do this (for example when two of the parts of a DQ want you to use the airship, which has a down time of 4 hours).

DianeSS42
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by DianeSS42 on Jun 20, 16 1:05 AM
I have been on level 66 since two days after the last update and I feel as if I am spinning my wheels! I envy those of you who are far from this level since it is still fun and, hopefully, by the time you get to level 66, they will have an update that you can play longer than two days. I have spent this time collecting the pets but the mini-games are not for me. I am older and my use of the mouse is limited as my reflexes are not nearly as fast as I have been in the past.
The new updates frustrate me although i managed to survive before by trying to beat my own time - but he flashlight is NOT fun! And chasing morphs is NOT fun! And once again I have to go over and over a quest in order to fulfill it and find myself buying jewels in order to get it over with before I go mad!
For someone who NEVER missed a night logging on, it's time for me to bid a sad farewell to Midnight Castle and hope that someday before I am too old to even remember what a mouse is, they will update it to the same incredible level of interest I found when I first began playing.
For those of you who have not been playing overly long - it IS FUN! LOTS OF FUN! But no more - so the few friends of DianeElaine - I am bidding fond farewell and hope to see you again in a new updated Midnight Castle!

[Post New]by Eorwhynn on Jun 27, 16 4:52 AM
This used to be a great game. Sadly, with every update it gets worse. This latest one makes me feel ill (and it seems a lot of others, too.) And what do I get for my stoic efforts? 15 coins, or, even worse, a useless shard. I will stop playing now and hope this will get rectified in the next update. If not, I will stop playing. I have reached level 71, having invested a lot of time and patience, but this is not worth it any more.

Myfishydog
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Myfishydog on Jun 27, 16 6:11 PM
I started MC in August of 2015 on my laptop while recovering from surgery at my
Mother's house. I really prefer to play on my desktop, but it was not possible. I had
fun for a couple of months and when I returned home I started a game on the desktop. I was playing both games fairly equally through Halloween and the fall event. I got tired of the HOS and played less until the winter event. I played both pretty equally getting all the fall and winter pets. After the January update I was close to level 39. From then until June 15th I was stuck on level 40 and 32 on my laptop game. I did the spring event hoping I would regain my enthusiasm for the game, but with the update I could not get anywhere. I am tired of the HOS dropping stuff I do not need and making me wait to play it again to get what I need. I am tired of the game in general. I would now rate it a 3 because of all the obstacles put in
the game to keep people from advancing. I will not buy another Elephant game after FOUND and now MC. I will not recommend that anyone download either game. FOUND is flawed and no longer really supported as evidenced by us having about 4 days of Santa's house and no snowflakes. MC is headed this direction. I am sure another game is being constructed even as I type this. I will not download another so called free to play game. MSM, FOUND and now MC.

rover1b
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by rover1b on Jul 9, 16 5:53 AM
On level 71, been this level for quite a while and await the update to move on; I have to agree that after an update the game has got worse, especially the Fortune wheel, there is no enjoyment when all the items have been removed, you only play for coins. Another point to mention on the wheels is the frustrating that they glitch nearly every go, take for instance the Tournament wheel you spin 50% only for it to move again to 10%. There used to be fun on the game; now its all gone, more achievements are added when you've already obtained the items in the past, you seem to be constantly going round and at present going nowhere because of a lack of game progression. I've also got a rare eye disease therefore my sight is impaired, I've raised issue over items that are too small to see and have been ignored, it seems the majority rules.

Go to: