Seniors

julz1950
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Seniors

[Post New]by julz1950 on Aug 26, 14 1:35 PM
I was absolutely delighted when I read the post from Lia from Hellas and she had put Greece in parenthesis. I have a friend called Olympia from Hellas and I was so geographically challenged I had to look on the net to see where or what Hellas was. I feel a little better that Lia must have had others not know where Hellas was. So you see this isn't JUST a game it's educational, YAY!!
ALSO, even if you aren't a senior this senior would happily welcome you as a friend. *G-G* 304631

Edited on 08/26/2014 at 1:47:32 PM PST

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Aug 26, 14 4:17 PM
julz1950 wrote:Rosie bvt--- I can't believe you're still fighting the woodchucks! Send them all to the neighbor who thought they were so cute as babies,HAH!! We started a new compost pile next to our mini-lake/pond and that has actually moved some of the varmints out of the garden.

It was my sister who thought they were cute. She lost all of her flowers this year except for the yellow ones due to, you guessed it, woodchucks! She is no longer a fan. My compost pile is next to the rock that mamma chuck gives birth under, so I guess they're used to it. I've managed to block off one burrow but they're still taking over the neighborhood. Caught one in my flowerbed today and zapped him with the hose , I'm happy!

julz1950
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by julz1950 on Aug 27, 14 1:13 PM
Rosie- How do you block a burrow? Don't they just build a detour, like my moles?
I can just see you out in the garden with a high pressure hose and a Transformers outfit taking out the chucks. That made me laugh! Doesn't take much some days....

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Aug 27, 14 4:41 PM
I put used clay kitty litter in the "escape hatch" for several days to make sure nobody was in there. Then I started filling up the main entrance with dropped apples from my other trees (this one has no apples because it has no soil under its trunk!). It took about 3 5-gallon buckets to block, and nobody tried getting in or out. The back door is now fairly solid clay, and the front is under about a foot of apples. I hope the tree is getting the appropriate nutrients from them . The chucks have 2 other burrows under big rocks, so they can have those.
ETA: This has gotten horribly off topic, but maybe it can be considered "senior educational content"? Sort of an old-wives'-tales in a good way?

Edited on 08/27/2014 at 4:48:11 PM PST

julz1950
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by julz1950 on Aug 27, 14 6:24 PM
The durn chucks are probably eating their way out and blessing you with every bite. And you're right this is amusing and educational but back to the game. Thanks for a good chuckle!

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Sep 25, 14 2:27 PM
Hello,

Wake up, everybody! Are all seniors sleeping 24/7? Or too tired to write on the forum? I'm one of the "invited" younger seniors, got my Clubpass a few months ago, but nearly a month no messages in this thread? Come on, elders, without you, this game wouldn't exist. Happy dreams and gaming to you all.

Duncan

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Sep 25, 14 2:42 PM
FudgeChi,

At least you've got a good reason to sleep, after drinking. Cheers!

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Sep 25, 14 6:14 PM
Well shhhhhhhhhhhhesh if you look in some times to the *CALL TO ARMS* you will see what has been keeping this ole goat busy

[Post New]by FishyFlyTyer on Sep 25, 14 8:08 PM
I think we're all still here, just working our way through the Castle to get to the next level.

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Sep 25, 14 9:07 PM
Don't like being called "senior".
(stomps foot)

"Babyboomer" is ok.

This is my square year.
(am 57 and was born in 57)

yikes

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Sep 26, 14 1:00 AM
Thanks for waking us up Duncan. I have checked this thread in the last few weeks but as I had nothing special to add I left it. (My bad!)
Baby boom er is right - today my youngest son (aged 26 years) & his fiancée told me "I am going to be a grandmother again!" That will make grandchild number 6.
We are excited here as the youngest of my other grandchildren is 10 years old.
Congratulations Susie - "square year, Huh!" Not heard that expression before.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by 6184757 on Sep 28, 14 8:40 PM
My computer crashed and I have had to start over. Friend name, player Sammy, ID 349882. I will be happy to accept new friends. Thanks

Micha_C
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Micha_C on Sep 30, 14 2:43 PM
susiewastaken wrote:Don't like being called "senior".
(stomps foot)

"Babyboomer" is ok.

This is my square year.
(am 57 and was born in 57)

yikes

LOL! I agree with that. Even worse, one of the cashiers at the grocery (5% discount on Wednesdays if you're 60 or over), has sometimes said to me that I get "the young lady discount". I haven't yet told her how annoying I find that.

57 and born in '57. I love numerical coincidences!

And the quote shows the HTML for quote and characters!

Ariadne on iOS

Edited on 09/30/2014 at 2:49:44 PM PST

asa64
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by asa64 on Oct 3, 14 2:40 AM
Does anybody know something about the 20.th pet you should get for finishing the achievement?
Greetings to all

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Oct 3, 14 3:10 AM
Hi Asa! Welcome to the Seniors thread.
To answer your question. There is no 20th pet yet. We are still waiting for the developers to give us one so, at the moment, no-one can finish that achievement. We were hoping it would be in this update but only the tournament was. Do you play PC or iOS or Android? Not that it makes a difference to the 20th pet question/ answer.
Hope you are enjoying your time in the Castle.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by 6184757 on Oct 7, 14 2:21 PM
I lost all my progress when my computer crashed and I had to start over. I was playing under player Sandra. Now I am playing under Player Sammy. My number is 349882 and I would appreciate anyone who wants to be my friend. I was on level 34 and had to start over. Bummer!! Thanks for your help!!!

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Oct 7, 14 2:51 PM
HI Sandra/Sammy!
Welcome to the Seniors thread. I do hope you enjoy your gaming experience. Been there, done that with the computer crashing & starting over. I do hope everything goes well for you this time. I have sent you a PM with my details.

[Post New]by wramhoff on Oct 8, 14 3:16 PM
Amazing that Seniors enjoy this game so much; or is it? I'm 62 and MC is my first F2P game. I'm pleased it's so balanced between HOS and cool-down time. Currently, I can pass from Game Table to Grand Altar at about 1min per HOS and wait only 15-20 min for next pass. I like the storyline, too; never know what will happen next. Just yesterday, 2 HOS were replaced with totally new ones - Dead Ambassador became Door Cache and Fairy Sculpture became Elfish Bas-Relief.

I have to cancel my account; I've retired to SSA and haven't enough free cash for even the basic BF account. If things improve, trust me, I will be back.

Have a good one, y'all.

mina47
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by mina47 on Oct 20, 14 1:14 PM
Never done this before. Does that make me a senior? I am stuck needing a unique stamp. What does it take to get one of those things. So frustrated!

mina47
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by mina47 on Oct 20, 14 1:50 PM
Never done this before. Does that make me a senior? I am stuck needing a unique stamp. What does it take to get one of those things? So frustrated!

Go to: