no option to skip?? nice one BFG!!

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Re:2015 Valentine Quest Fest

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Feb 23, 15 3:41 PM
wulfruna wrote:
archer1961 wrote:Very disappointed with today's quest. Have to spend a LOT OF GOLD. giving up on quest as I didn't get the letter in a bottle (and yes, I played the scene). Not worth spending over 60 gold for!
Can you explain what you had to spend gold on?? That is not a normal part of a quest, so I am puzzled. If the next quest is indeed the letter in a bottle then it should just be available in the location the Quest sends you to (should be the yacht?)

I think T33c33 post answers your question Wulf..

And let me add.. not exactly what I planned to do with the gold I've won so far.. Not nice BZ..

todays task:
buy Orange Sherbert 18 gold
Cheesecake 24 gold
Vanilla Milkshake 12 gold

no option to skip?? nice one BFG!!

Edited on 02/23/2015 at 4:03:27 PM PST

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 23, 15 4:51 PM
Yes, that does answer my question, as I would not have expected a quest like that.... However, I have now received the quest myself and can confirm that this is what it asks.
But the good news is, that if you already have these items in your inventory, then you do not have to buy them again - you will find that they are ticked off for the quest.
In my case, I have never bought any of these items myself, as I have only ever bought the ones I could get for coins - but I have acquired lots of orange sherbert simply by getting them gifted by my friends via that lovely chest needing 30 keys. Indeed this was the gift I got today when I went and opened the chest! So if you don't have one, then why not try it today, just to see if you can win one that way (if you have lots of generous friends)? I am not sure if I got the cheesecake in the same way, or whether I won that in a slot machine, but I obviously got one from somewhere......
In the other hand, I still don't understand Archer's reference to not getting the letter in a bottle. I have not had that quest today - and I didn't think we were expecting it until the last day. We can't play the scene until we get the quest, so I hope I didn't miss it somehow?

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 23, 15 5:15 PM
Nope, not missed. I seem to remember it being the last one last year. I do not remember the food thing though but then I would have actively sought to forget it, so I am not surprised I don't remember. <mumbling something about giveth and taketh>

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 23, 15 5:41 PM
OddlyEnuh wrote:Nope, not missed. I seem to remember it being the last one last year. I do not remember the food thing though but then I would have actively sought to forget it, so I am not surprised I don't remember. <mumbling something about giveth and taketh>

I remember it and have been waiting to see if it received the same reception as it did last year.

However, Wulfruna's post about not needing to buy them if you already have them in your inventory is interesting. Might be a good idea not to use them so they don't have to be bought again next year.

Advance warning: I'm pretty sure we had to buy some article of food during the Spring event, however, It was so easy to earn gold during that event, buying some food shouldn't be a big deal.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 23, 15 6:42 PM
TiramaSue wrote:

However, Wulfruna's post about not needing to buy them if you already have them in your inventory is interesting. Might be a good idea not to use them so they don't have to be bought again next year.

Advance warning: I'm pretty sure we had to buy some article of food during the Spring event, however, It was so easy to earn gold during that event, buying some food shouldn't be a big deal.

GOOD idea! I am afraid I used them as I won them on the second game to gain energy points but sure will see about the sherbet this time around for sure.

mik619
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by mik619 on Feb 23, 15 6:50 PM
I just need to find the letter in the bottle to finish all the Valentine Sets. Should I wait and complte them when I finally get the Odin Quest or is that quest only during the Valentine event? If I don"t complete the collections during the event, will I still get the 40 gold reward?

mik619
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by mik619 on Feb 23, 15 6:58 PM
I've just gone back into ART and discovered I had 2 orange sherbet in my inventory but the fatima still wants me to buy it, So why did it work for wulfruna but not me?

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 23, 15 7:25 PM
Wulf thought it might work - she didn't say it would work.

You will get your 40 bars of gold when you collect any four collections, it does not have to be one of each of the four collections.

Looks like the reward for all 29 Valentine quests is stack of chocolates which is only worth 60 or 68 energy points so not much of a loss if you decide not to buy the food.

No one is saying much about Odin, but I would hazard to guess that if you did not get the quest at the beginning of Valentine quests it won't appear again until next year. I got OH open the same day the quest series started and the message others had reported seeing did not appear for me.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Feb 23, 15 8:17 PM
mik619 wrote:I've just gone back into ART and discovered I had 2 orange sherbet in my inventory but the fatima still wants me to buy it, So why did it work for wulfruna but not me?

Hmm... I still have a few hours to go until my quests come up, but maybe because she did V-Day last year?

I know many of the quests were automatically rewarded for me because I already did them last year.

Did you participate last year?

I'll report back after my quests become active.

YEP. I Received automatic credit.. must be because of last year.

Edited on 02/24/2015 at 5:03:24 AM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 23, 15 9:15 PM
ChestnutHeights wrote:
mik619 wrote:I've just gone back into ART and discovered I had 2 orange sherbet in my inventory but the fatima still wants me to buy it, So why did it work for wulfruna but not me?

Hmm... I still have a few hours to go until my quests come up, but maybe because she did V-Day last year?

I know many of the quests were automatically rewarded for me because I already did them last year.

Did you participate last year?

I'll report back after my quests become active.

I just got the quest. although I did not have all the items currently in my inventory, I didn't have to buy anything. Looks like if you bought them last year, it counts for this year. So some of us will be serving stale food at the party.

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Feb 23, 15 9:57 PM
Well... I had to buy all the three of them (although I have tons of Orange Sherbet in my Inventory). Not very nice. 54 gold spent for just nothing.... *sigh*

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Feb 23, 15 10:43 PM
At least we get the food item to replenish energy with and we aren't just returning the gold. The star slot machine is dropping about 12 gold (for under 20 stars) at a run through for me as well as food most times. It is getting fairly easy to win once you get Spain and Romania open in the international/country map. It costs 80 gold to open them, but then you get 10 back per collection completed and you have to go there anyway for wallpaper.

This counts towards the completed all quests part of the Completed 29 of the Valentine's Quest doesn't it? The reward is chocolates. Not sure what they're worth as not in the store.

pamkatz
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by pamkatz on Feb 24, 15 1:29 AM
I must have bought it last year, because I got credit for the quest. Many thanks to all my friends that sent me sixty keys in such a short time.

Edited on 02/24/2015 at 1:40:18 AM PST

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 24, 15 2:59 AM
Ah - I guess that explains mine as well, because I already did it last year (when gold was harder to get than it is now!!). I was a bit puzzled because I did not think I had recently had any milkshakes or cheesecake - only the sherbert.
The others that we have not had to do again are, of course, the ones for opening up locations on the yacht and in the restaurant. But we are in the same position as everyone else when it comes to getting the special collectibles....

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 24, 15 5:40 AM
They do not have to be currently IN your inventory to get credit, also if you have the orange sherbet you still have to buy it.

It is like the banners and balloons for the towns -- if you bought them during the last Valentine Quest Fest you get credit for the purchase.

No kidding about game being easier, more food, more coin, more gold. They really are good to their word about Free to Play. Course, they don't mention that glitch is the game's middle name but ....

Edited on 02/24/2015 at 5:42:44 AM PST

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Feb 24, 15 1:53 PM
This is my first ever special event. I have 24/29 and 2 days 7+ hours left. I've been getting only one quest for the past few days so does statistics say I won't finish the 29? I spent the gold for today's desserts just in case.

Gquin
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Gquin on Feb 24, 15 2:47 PM
I am going to assume that we will be doing more than one quest on each of the last two days. I have 24 of 29 quests completed as well and I know I did not miss any. The next two days may be very busy, especially with trying to collect the love letter in a bottle as many times as I can and completing the other 4 quests.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Feb 24, 15 4:00 PM
Vlania wrote:This is my first ever special event. I have 24/29 and 2 days 7+ hours left. I've been getting only one quest for the past few days so does statistics say I won't finish the 29? I spent the gold for today's desserts just in case.

Not to worry.. you are right on track. Everyone should have 24/29 going into with 2 days left... You'll get last 5 over the next 2 days.. We'll know more shortly when our Aussie friends report in.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 24, 15 4:33 PM
I can beat the Aussies to it this time.... perhaps they've dropped off to sleep with the lack of anything really exciting! There are three quests today, all to do with preparations for the Valentine's Ball. I won't spoil the surprise, but none of them are one-off timed items - no letter in a bottle until tomorrow

Go to: