bridie47
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Re:An appeal to reconsider the AW decision

[Post New]by bridie47 on Oct 30, 16 8:34 PM
jrnedraw wrote:What???? I have not even reached the dark tower yet or unlocked Druid's Hut, Moonfell Chamber, Goblin Mines or Dreamless Pond.

Are you telling me I cant complete these? Or just that they are not updating the game anymore?

Why would they do this? Was any reason give? I missed the announcement.

Can they make a download to pc game that we can buy and complete?

This is terrible news.

bridie47
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by bridie47 on Oct 30, 16 8:37 PM
yes you can finish those quests It's just when you reach the dark tower is when there will be no more quests or updates. So you still have a way to go

[Post New]by pferreira1983 on Dec 30, 16 4:28 AM
As I said the best thing Big Fish can do at this point is get the original developers to finish the game and release it as a retail HOG. Everybody wins. Not sure why they haven't thought of this already.

berttoski
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by berttoski on Feb 4, 17 8:04 PM
I got hooked in the first 5 minutes & wanted to see if this game was still popular today.
Sad to hear it's in the same boat as Agency 33.

Edited on 02/04/2017 at 8:05:41 PM PST

[Post New]by pferreira1983 on Feb 12, 17 9:08 AM
berttoski wrote:I got hooked in the first 5 minutes & wanted to see if this game was still popular today.
Sad to hear it's in the same boat as Agency 33.
I'm guessing the same goes for transactions as well. That is one Big Dodgy Fish.

[Post New]by scottydogish on Feb 14, 17 1:26 AM
Am considering starting AW all over again and because I have been and seen how it all works I will do it all different to see if I can get to to the same level in less time with out spending any money just to see if it is possible to get to the tower and get all the quest as it does not finish. There are other awaking games from boom zap and big fish are they going to go the same way or do they get to the end. best wishes on closure but dont hold your breath as this has been going for two years and counting. .viva la revolution

[Post New]by scottydogish on Feb 14, 17 11:56 PM
It is free to play so even though it has no ending does not mean you cant have fun with AW try to get all levels of mini games to level 15 that should keep you going for a couple more years and if they drop it all together then [Removed by Moderator]
and scream so challenge is still for try to complete the uncompletable game have fun and make up your own group rules but just dont buy any more from the site and then someone else will pick it up from boom zap and complete the game there has to be a programmer out there who is capable of doing that so chin up AW fans

Edited on 03/30/2017 at 9:09:29 AM PST

[Post New]by Catsie21 on Mar 5, 17 1:27 PM
It seems boomzap would have continued with the game but because bigfish owns the license the decisions to stop updating the game was all bigfish's. This is maddening that they would leave it half finished without opening all avenues to us. I am very disappointed in bigfish.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 30, 17 9:15 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and let players know that the Moderation Team continues to provide updates of this thread to the appropriate teams. The decision to no longer provide updates to this game was one that was made mutually amongst the parties. While the details of this decision is not known to the moderation team, we do know that it was a difficult one with all parties involved. For more information, see the following announcement:

An important announcement regarding Awakening Kingdoms - May 18, 2015

I'd also like to remind users of the Forum Rules when posting, specifically,

Keep posts family-friendly. Posts that contain defamatory, explicit, obscene, threatening, or offensive content will be removed.

By keeping the posts family friendly it helps ensure that the forums are accessible to everyone who would like to participate.

Thank you everyone for your patience, understanding, and continued support. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 03/30/2017 at 9:15:52 AM PST

[Post New]by pferreira1983 on Apr 2, 17 6:45 AM
Big Fish you can continue to repost the same announcement from two years ago again and again but you need to do something about your free games not being completable. At least put disclaimers on your games to say they aren't supported or completed otherwise people unless they know what's up are spending money on a game that can't be finished.

And no it wasn't a mutual decision, Boomzap said on their forum they wanted to continue but Big Fish decided to end the game. I just don't understand why you can't repackage the game for retail adding an ending to it. The game literally needs just a bit more added to it to be completed.

bunbury5
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by bunbury5 on Apr 2, 17 8:49 PM
"And no it wasn't a mutual decision, Boomzap said on their forum they wanted to continue but Big Fish decided to end the game. I just don't understand why you can't repackage the game for retail adding an ending to it. The game literally needs just a bit more added to it to be completed."
and of course boomzap is right huh?
by the way, the games ARE available to be bought as a series. Awakening Kingdoms in the various titles are on Big Fish. Yes I DO have them.

[Post New]by User1001 on Apr 27, 17 3:48 PM
I see there are not to be any new updates but at this point, exactly how far does the game currently go? I am at level 57, still have to finish up the dark chest and some relics. I have not had any new quests for awhile. All I'm doing is mini games and finishing up the last three maps (Moonfell Chamber, Goblin Mines and Dreamless Pond.) Is this pretty much the end?

bunbury5
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by bunbury5 on Apr 29, 17 2:26 PM
user1001 when you reach the basilisk is apparently where it finishes but a lot of us are going onward with the mini games and scenes to top levels wherever that takes you to. have a new friend who says they are at level 99

[Post New]by pferreira1983 on Aug 28, 17 5:47 AM
bunbury5 wrote:"And no it wasn't a mutual decision, Boomzap said on their forum they wanted to continue but Big Fish decided to end the game. I just don't understand why you can't repackage the game for retail adding an ending to it. The game literally needs just a bit more added to it to be completed."
and of course boomzap is right huh?
by the way, the games ARE available to be bought as a series. Awakening Kingdoms in the various titles are on Big Fish. Yes I DO have them.
Yeah Boomzap are right since they're the developers. Why would these be available to buy incomplete anyway?! Please don't tell me now Big Fish are selling incomplete games as well?!

The fact is what Big Fish are doing with this game is dodgy. People are still paying money on this game not aware it has no ending. There is literally nothing within the game such as a disclaimer to say the game is no longer updated.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 28, 17 9:37 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to discuss Awakening Kingdoms with one another. It sounds like there is a suggestion here to make a change to this game's page so that the decision to no longer provide content updates for the game is available there. While we have made an announcement regarding this game on our forums, I can absolutely understand wanting to have that made available there as well, just in case players don't happen to visit the forums.

Just in case players would like to read the particular announcement being discussed, it's available below:

An important announcement regarding Awakening Kingdoms - May 18, 2015

We have passed along this suggestion to update the game's page for players who haven't seen the announcement above, that way we can possibly get that updated in addition to the above linked disclaimer. Thank you for your suggestion and for taking the time to provide it to us. The Forum Moderation Team continues to advocate for players to make sure that concerns and feedback like this are provided to the appropriate teams for their follow up.

Thank you for your time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

bdcross
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by bdcross on Sep 7, 17 2:53 PM
I have been playing Awakening Kingdom for awhile and I know about the decision of not updating the game anymore. But I will go ahead put in my two cents to have Awakening Kingdom update, so we can all be able finish the game. I am Level 77 and have finished all the quests except for healing the wounded Pegacorn. Only problem is that I have never been able to find the wounded Pegacorn at the Pet Shop. I have been playing the various games from the Awakening Kingdom map to get the resource for playing the mini games at Landsong Villange, Faire of Lights, Gizmotech Industries
and Skycrystal Atriums. I almost have the mini games finished at Landsong Village and Faire of Lights. I still have a ways to go before I finish feeding the Dark Chest,
when I decide to feed it. It would sure be fun to be able to play the games in the Castle Barracks.
Brian

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 8, 17 12:18 PM
Hi bdcross,

Thank you for taking the time to post in this specific thread. It is highly understandable wanting to provide feedback on the previously mentioned decision regarding updates. As stated by bfgIlinalta, we will continue to provide any information in this thread to the appropriate teams and I've passed along your inquiry. If these teams return to us with an update on the decision, we will post in the forums to inform the players.

Thank you for your understanding.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: