Re:Welcome to Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate forum

[Post New]by Alyson232 on Jul 27, 13 10:32 AM
Hi, I am at the sawmill trying to get a 15 ft pole, but I can't make the pole move no matter how many times I click the <--> button. It stays stuck on 9 foot, 12 foot. I've read several walkthroughs and none of them helped because they assume clicking the button would work. Please help.

try3cats
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
430 Posts

[Post New]by try3cats on Jul 27, 13 4:05 PM
On getting a 15 foot pole it is trial & error. use the guide on the saw bench for help with measuring.

pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pepssy on Aug 10, 13 10:40 PM
[b] Have you tried moving around and then trying to move it again?
One thing I learned from playing this game a lot is always save the game a lot.

pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pepssy on Aug 10, 13 10:46 PM
[b]
archanx wrote:Somehow I lost the pipe to go on the still. Had it once, but now it is gone so I can not make red paint.

Did the monkey Lenard steal it from you at the sawmill or after you were on the clifftop? If so, try getting past him on the clifftop by scaring him with either the snakeskin or green paint can. Jep then has to jump to the palm tree to rescue 1 item.

To make sure my important stuff doesn't get stolen by him, I put it all in the place where an item goes when you first get it. It's a pain but at least you don't lose 2 important items and are able to only get 1 back. Remember to always save the game often as it can freeze at times, or you might need to do something over again.

pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pepssy on Aug 10, 13 10:50 PM
[b]
1Inkling wrote:
mazza66 wrote:I am replacing the circuits in the robot 3 have burned and now 3 do not have the right number of little holes How can I start this section again..or how do I get the right connections....Please..can anyone help Mazza 66

This is my issue too. Anyone know how to do this part? I've had 2 circuits burn out, so I have 20 holes and only 18 circuits. They are all in, but nothing is happening with two of the holes left open. Can't find more circuits. Stumped! Please help! Thanks!

Save before you even start to replace circuits. That way, if you burn out some, you can go back and start over. I have had to do this often. Save a lot so you can restart it from where you left off. Mine kept freezing at 1 spot and it really helped me there.

pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pepssy on Aug 13, 13 7:57 AM
mehupa wrote:Well I have gotten Mina out of copter and setting under the tree, I can get her pal jep to go places but on the walkthrough they say I should be on beach and something about a key but I never found that. Has anyone found a rusty key?

The beach with the rusty key is in "Return to Mysterious Island 1. You must be looking at the walkthrough for that one. Part 2 has "Mina's Fate" in the title.

pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pepssy on Aug 13, 13 8:00 AM
cc1cat wrote:Has anyone had any problems with the everything including words being duplicated on same screen?

Have you tried to restart your computer. Sometimes that works with me when a game freezes.

pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pepssy on Aug 13, 13 8:10 AM
mamalama7 wrote:ok. now I need the code to fix robot?

From row 1 at the left to row 5 at the right...top to bottom:
the 1st number is at the top of the circuit, go clockwise:

row 1...1-3-1-3
1-3-2-3
2-3-3-3
1-1-2-3
row 2...1-2-1-2
1-3-3-3-
3-3-3-3
1-2-2-3
row 3...1-1-1-2
1-3-3-2
2-3-2-3
1-2-3-2
row 4...1-1-1-1
2-2-2-3
2=2-3-3
1-2-2-2
row 5...1-1-1-3
1-1-2-2
2-2-2-2
1-1-3-2

pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pepssy on Aug 15, 13 10:39 PM
pepssy wrote:[b]
1Inkling wrote:
mazza66 wrote:I am replacing the circuits in the robot 3 have burned and now 3 do not have the right number of little holes How can I start this section again..or how do I get the right connections....Please..can anyone help Mazza 66

This is my issue too. Anyone know how to do this part? I've had 2 circuits burn out, so I have 20 holes and only 18 circuits. They are all in, but nothing is happening with two of the holes left open. Can't find more circuits. Stumped! Please help! Thanks!

Save before you even start to replace circuits. That way, if you burn out some, you can go back and start over. I have had to do this often. Save a lot so you can restart it from where you left off. Mine kept freezing at 1 spot and it really helped me there.

pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pepssy on Aug 15, 13 10:43 PM
Nadoosh1980 wrote:Hi all!
I tried everything with slugger but nothing seems to please him!
What do I do to get the rifle or the ants???
Help!!

You need the snakeskin which a snake has shed. I think that it is near the clay pit. Once you scare him away you can get a blade of grass to get the ants but you can only get the rifle a bit further on in the game.

pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pepssy on Aug 15, 13 10:46 PM
[b]
gabeya wrote:Does anyone know how to get past them Slugger Alfa Male Monkey once you get past the thorns and up on onto the cliff? Nothing i do pleases him. Please help.

Jep needs to scare him with the green paint can. Use the curved hook to get the marrow out of the broken bone for Jep to eat.

pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pepssy on Aug 15, 13 10:51 PM
graphixman wrote:I am at the kiln near the end of the game and the hardy is not there. Is this something I was supposed to find eariler?

The hardy is on the wall beside the big kiln once you get across the swamp. You need to sharpen it at the sawmill and then put it in a hole on the rock in front of the fire. You need it sharp later on.

pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pepssy on Aug 15, 13 10:57 PM
babyjesus wrote:
LuvDemGames wrote:I need to find more food for Mina, but there doesn't seem to be any. I have used up everything I had, except one raw egg which she refuses. I can't get her up the mountain path until I bring her energy up. I dove down by the helicopter and all I could find was one mussel before I ran out of air. I have checked the trees, nothing. Anyone know where I can get more food for her?

Inside the helicopter on the dead pilots jacket, after you move the knife, there are 3 crayfish that you need to catch.
On the mud lake there is a nest on the ground with eggs in it.
Just before you get to the mud, look around and there are 2 oranges lying on the ground. Neat the bottom of the mill steps there are some nuts on the ground and some pinecones to feed Jep.
Amber is inside the workshop and if Jep asks her, she will give him the rock which Jep needs to crack open nuts. You need to aim the roch just above his head. You can get 10 nuts.

pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Welcome to Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate forum

[Post New]by pepssy on Aug 15, 13 11:00 PM
babyjesus wrote:
sbano wrote:
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate players.

Hi cane anyone tell me where to find pipe to Attach the still.

The pipe for the still in down on the beach.

pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pepssy on Aug 15, 13 11:05 PM
babyjesus wrote:
babyjesus wrote:
fayewalker wrote:
grannyplaya wrote:So far I have rescued Mina and bandaged her leg, what next, I have fed Jep as well.

Jep needs to go to a place where the snakeskin is. He can use it to scare Slugger away. Slugger is the aggressive monkey who won't let Jep get the ants to help close up Mina's leg wound. Jep needs to go to the kiln opposite the workshop and get the ocarina which is covered up near a light colored bowl with a handle. He then needs to go to the place where the purple flowers are. He can use the ocarina to play 3 notes and then the snake will let him get the flowers.

pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pepssy on Aug 16, 13 12:55 PM
babyjesus wrote:
lil1941 wrote:
misha39 wrote:Help, I got mina out of the helocopter with jep's help but now I can't get him to move to get the medicine for mina's leg. How do I get him to move?

In the right hand side at the bottom there should be an X where you can get out of the conversation and click in front of Jep to get him to move.

pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pepssy on Aug 16, 13 12:59 PM
Alyson232 wrote:Hi, I am at the sawmill trying to get a 15 ft pole, but I can't make the pole move no matter how many times I click the <--> button. It stays stuck on 9 foot, 12 foot. I've read several walkthroughs and none of them helped because they assume clicking the button would work. Please help.

After you use the arrow thing to get the size, you need to step on the ground pedal and then click of an upright lever to bring down the saw. If that doesn't work, you may need to restart your computer, but remember to save the session first. I always save the game a lot, especially before hard puzzles.

[Post New]by gigueres80 on Aug 18, 13 1:04 PM
Im trying to get Jep to cross the mud flats but cant figure out how. I read the walkthroughs , and still cant do it.

pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pepssy on Aug 20, 13 7:00 PM
gigueres80 wrote:Im trying to get Jep to cross the mud flats but cant figure out how. I read the walkthroughs , and still cant do it.

There is the shadow of a tall tree and the spot is just about the middle of the shadow. Be careful to save when you succeed in getting each stage across. The next spot if over near the tree lying down, about half way across at the edge of the pond scum. This one is a bit harder to find, so you sort of have to keep trying over and over but you will find it.

The 3rd last spot is under where you would go if you were to go straight across following the same area as the first spot. If you can't get it, let me know and I will restart a game and try to describe the spots clearer. (I was busy for a couple of days, but I will be checking on a daily basis.)

pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pepssy on Sep 17, 13 3:11 PM
Points SPOILER[b]
You can get extra points by putting the water in a vase on the fire to get boiling water. You get a lot of points for putting boiling water in each clay vase and in each blue vase. You can only get 999 total points and the game will not go any higher than that...much to my disappointment. Enjoy playing the game and just have some fun. I am anxiously waiting for a 3rd game in the series.

Go to: