tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
646 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sir Match-a-Lot (PC) here.

[Post New]by tj1147 on May 18, 17 5:33 AM
I got the same messages, but when I go to the Game Manager there is a note to install update from there. That is what I did and it updated fine.

bfgBellerophon
8,663 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 18, 17 9:45 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in her and address the recent posts in this thread. I'm sorry to hear that some players are experiencing issues downloading the latest version of Sir Match-a-Lot. Thank you tj1147 for mentioning that the Big Fish Games app was able to properly install this version. For players that are having issues downloading the update, it may be helpful to manually check for it in the app. I'll include steps below:

1) Open your app and make sure you're signed into your account.
2) Click on the 'Options' COG on the top right-hand side of your screen.
3) Click on the 'Downloads' tab.
4) Select 'Manually' and click 'Check For Updates.'

If issues continue to persist, please reach out to our Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team. Please provide a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and a screenshot of any error message that appears. I'll include a Big Fish Games Help page below with these steps:

Taking A Screenshot

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

dearabbi
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by dearabbi on May 18, 17 3:33 PM
i'm glad you were able to update the game. I tried doing that several times but they tell me there is no new update. I'll just continue to play without until I get it right.

bfgBellerophon
8,663 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 19, 17 9:42 AM
Hi dearabbi,

I'm sorry to hear that there is still some trouble with obtaining the latest version of Sir Match-a-Lot. Please look at your game version number as 1.15.0 is the latest version. If you are seeing this number, no need to update as the most current version is on your computer.

Feel free to reach out to our Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team if the version number is different. A screenshot of the version number as well as your player ID would be helpful. I'll include Big Fish Games Help pages below on how to obtain this information:

Taking A Screenshot
What is an in-game ID?

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

dearabbi
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by dearabbi on May 22, 17 12:11 PM
I went to play today and Now I only have the message that the game version is out of date and a box that says exit. I don't know what version number I have since nothing else comes up but the aforementioned message. I checked for updates on the app and it tells me that I have the latest version. I uninstalled the game app and reinstalled but no change of any kind. What do I do now?

bfgIlinalta
2,554 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 23, 17 10:41 AM
Hello dearabbi,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response. It sounds like the game is still requesting to be updated, but that no update is available when checking. It also sounds like that uninstalling the game app and reinstalling it also seems to have not cleared that up and that it isn't possible to check the version number at this time.

I appreciate you taking the time to provide those details, and I apologize that the game is performing in this manner currently. I wanted to swim by and provide some steps to reach out to our Support Team who have the tools available to investigate why this may be happening.

Since the game still seems to be showing a need for an update, even after installing the game fresh, I recommend contacting our Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team with your in-game User ID if possible as well as a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Just in case a player would like to know how to retrieve this in-game User ID, the following article provides a guide that may assist:

What is my User ID?

Thank you for trying those steps bfgBellerophon provided and also for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Jun 19, 17 9:39 AM
hi, have a pc with windows 10. Not exactly a tech issue but I am finding that the music is very abrasive and really needs a volume button. I realize it can be off or on, but I don't like total silence! Did the music change recently, sounds like a orchestra for the opera, not good! Hope you can help out with this, thank you.

bfgIlinalta
2,554 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 20, 17 3:35 PM
Hello linda43416,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response. It sounds like this isn't a technical issue, but that there is some concern with recent changes to the music in game and that it's less pleasant than it used to be. I definitely understand wanting to bring this up since at the moment, there is not a volume slider in the game for the music and can only be toggled off or on.

While the Forum Moderation Team is unable to make in-game changes such as this, we absolutely have the ability to provide feedback such as this to the teams behind the game. I know they'd be happy to be provided feedback such as this and I'm going to go ahead and let them know what you've experienced while playing so they have that available while deciding on future changes to the game.

If there is an update provided for the game, we'll be sure to make an announcement regarding it to these forums for all of our players to see. Thank you for your time in giving us this feedback and a suggestion for a volume slider for in-game music and sounds for this game. I'll be sure to get them to the right teams who can make changes regarding these facets of the game. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Jun 21, 17 7:21 AM
Thank you, bfglinalta, I would very much appreciate you passing this on to someone who could fix. I think all games should have a volume slider, I don't like total silence but if music is too distracting it's nice to put it on low for some background noise. Thanks again, your job must be pretty stressful, appreciate all you do for us fishes.

bfgBellerophon
8,663 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 22, 17 10:48 AM
Hi linda43416,

We greatly appreciate your kind words towards the Moderation Team. I've gone ahead and ensured that bfglinalta has seen your response to his post. If we are aware of any changes to the game, we will post in the forums.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, concerns, or further suggestions, feel free to reach out to any of the Active Moderators. We are always happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

sprag
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

latest version won't load.

[Post New]by sprag on Jul 12, 17 8:09 PM
Earlier today I installed the new up-date and now the game won't load - it freezes when igniting magic fireflies - always at "ti" in igniting.
As advised elsewhere I have checked my screen resolution, and uninstalled/reinstalled to no avail. What next?

bfgBellerophon
8,663 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 13, 17 8:37 AM
Hi sprag,

Thank you for taking the time to post what is occurring within your Sir Match-a-Lot game. I'm sorry to hear that it freezes during the firefly process and it is appreciated that you have let us know what troubleshooting steps you have taken. It is recommended to try to run the game as an administrator. This will help your game obtain the necessary permissions and resources to run as it was meant to. Please refer to the following Big Fish Games Help page with these specific steps:

Run Game as Administrator

If you continue to have issues, please reach out to our Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team with your player ID. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to provide further assistance.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by imples on Jul 13, 17 10:13 AM
sometimes when i launch sir match a lot when the screen comes up with the knight and say play the background is black and nothing works. it does not go beyond that screen and i have to use task manger to end the game

[Post New]by puglette404 on Jul 13, 17 11:55 AM
I have been experiencing a lot of mis-fires when starting the game. I get the black background and I can't see my cursor or the program just stops. I am having this problem regularly since the recent update on 7/10. I am playing on a PC with Win. 10. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Jul 15, 17 11:45 AM
puglette404 and imples, I have also experienced this problem. I just use the "three-fingered salute" (cntl/alt/del) to close the game and then restart. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, the restart works fine. Good luck.

bfgBeruna
629 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 15, 17 12:23 PM
Hello imples and puglette404,

I'm sorry your games aren't working and am swimming by to provide some help.

When a game won't open properly or won't respond to commands, we always recommend checking that the computer's video card driver is up to date. Since the driver controls how the computer's graphics interact with the game, updating it can often resolve these issues. The help page with those instructions is below.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

We also recommend players run their games with administrator permissions, which allows the games to access the resources necessary to run smoothly. I've included a help page with those instructions below, too.

Run Game as Administrator

If those steps don't work, please contact our Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide further assistance.

Thanks for your patience and your understanding. Please PM me or another of the active Moderators if any questions or concerns arise. We'll be happy to provide more help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Jul 17, 17 3:29 PM
Calling ALL Moderators:

Please see the thread, below, "I have this weird feeling...". Since so many people are having the same issue, it seems there must be a bug in the programming. Would someone please let the programmers know that the stickers on album page eight do NOT seem to be available? Thank you.

bfgBellerophon
8,663 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 18, 17 7:56 AM
Hi Fred_just_Fred,

Thank you for bringing this information to our attention. I've gone ahead and alerted the appropriate teams of what players are experiencing with page 8 of the sticker album. While the contents of the sticker packs are randomized, it is definitely interesting that players are mentioning a specific page. It is recommended that if players are seeing this issue, to reach out to our Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team with your player ID. If at one point players did receive stickers on this page and ended up taking a screenshot of it, that would help in the investigation. Just in case it's needed, I'll include Big Fish Games Help pages below on how to obtain this information:

What is my in-game ID?
Taking A Screenshot

We greatly appreciate everyone's patience and understanding. If any information is brought to our attention, we will post in the forums to inform players. Feel free to reach out to me or any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Jul 18, 17 10:41 AM
Thanks for helping us out, again, bfgBellerophon!

[Post New]by Starrsc on Jul 23, 17 1:24 PM
I was not able to open sir match a lot after the recent update on my computer which has window 10. I contacted support and the things they had me do didn't help. So I went to see my son who is a IT major and the only way he could get it to open was bypassing the game manager window and putting in a app just for this game

Go to: