Tatty2
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Tatty2 on Oct 20, 17 9:44 AM
My game seems to be very unstable since this morning when the new Halloween event started. Three times it has kicked me out, definitely this third time I lost progress. Not sure about the other two times. This third time I was in my friends room when it happened. One of the other times,mi was in the map changing location. It there anything I can do to prevent this happening again ?

Thank you.

[Post New]by grammies8 on Oct 20, 17 10:14 AM
I began the Halloween event yesterday. I have noticed that I am not getting credit for gnome quest completions in the current Fall event. I also did not get credit for sending an airship for a character quest. Is this a technical issue? I am playing on iPad.

bfgBeruna
1,350 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 20, 17 4:42 PM
Hello Tatty2 and grammies8,

I'm really sorry to hear there's been trouble with the game since the Fall Event began and am here to troubleshoot with you.

Tatty2: Sometimes, when a game crashes, it can help to close all of the other apps running in the background of the mobile device. This ensures Midnight Castle can access all of the resources it needs to run properly. After closing the other apps, I'd also suggest restarting the mobile device. The help pages below will guide you through those processes.

Force Close Applications (iOS)
Restart Device (iOS)

If the game keeps crashing, please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team to continue troubleshooting.

grammies8: It's possible that the game is experiencing a technical error. I'd also recommend contacting our Support Team. Please include your game's Friend Code and screenshots of the quests that aren't being credited upon completion with the inquiry. This will help them figure out what's going on.

These help pages will explain how to take screenshots and attach those files to an email.

How do I take a screenshot? (iOS)
How do I attach a file to my email?

Thank you both for your patience. Please PM me or another moderator if further question arise. We'll be glad to assist you however we can.

bfgBeruna

Tatty2
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Tatty2 on Oct 20, 17 10:52 PM
Thank you for the advise I will try that now

[Post New]by bcontois62 on Oct 21, 17 5:24 PM
Is anyone having problems with moving forward in the quests to achieve the third trophy in the new Ghosts colors - yellow, azure and violet. Although I have tagged the ghosts and should have accomplished the quest to earn the third trophy in the yellow and azure ghost, I am frozen in the second trophy position

Clownfish
Clownfish
620 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Oct 21, 17 6:58 PM
removed by poster..

Edited on 10/21/2017 at 7:48:10 PM PST

MaggieHand
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

Re:Multiple Devices Warning

[Post New]by MaggieHand on Oct 22, 17 4:16 PM
My game keeps shutting down with the:

"Multiple devices warning Your profile has progressed on another devise. The game will now restart to pick up where you left off".

I have no clue what this means, I have no other game on another device other than my PC which is a totally different format. What's the problem here? I'm i2010690 in an IPad.

Game closing every minute

[Post New]by Samk88 on Oct 22, 17 9:43 PM
Hi

Since yesterday the game has been closing within a minute of me starting to play. I lose all progress every time I’m kicked out. I haven’t been able to use hints as this happens before the hint reactivates. Would you know why or if there’s any help I can receive on this?

I have restarted my iPad number of times but it hasn’t helped. Also all the gifts I have sent come up as sent but my postcards have gone back to what it was as if I have not sent any. It’s been really frustrating as I’ve now been kicked out at least 20 times.

Thanks
Sam
i1542838

[Post New]by Thewerecatqueen on Oct 23, 17 4:06 PM
MY game has crashed three times since the event started. Two out of three of those crashes resulted in a loss of progress. There were no other apps running and I never had any crashing problems until now. Is there any way I can prevent this from happening again?

bfgIlinalta
3,093 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 23, 17 5:28 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your experiences while playing the iOS version of Midnight Castle. I'm sorry that players are seeing trouble with the game and wanted to follow up on a report of a known issue as well as how to receive additional assistance should progress be lost while playing.

For players seeing unique ghosts not being counted after capture, please see our announcement regarding this issue that is currently being investigated:

An Announcement Regarding Caught Ghosts Not Crediting In The Game - October 21, 2017

If you are affected by this issue, please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team using the steps in that announcement.

MaggieHand, Samk88, and Thewerecatqueen, I'm sorry to hear that there was a loss of progress. Since a loss of progress occurred, my recommendation is to get in touch with our Midnight Castle Support Team with a description of what progress was lost, when that progress was lost and what occurred previous to that loss, and your Friend Code, if it is available to provide. Our Reps will follow up as soon as they are able to assist.

Thank you all for your patience and time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 10/23/2017 at 5:28:54 PM PST

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
3,802 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Oct 25, 17 8:41 PM
The "changes are afoot" update is stuck on 1 of 4, 3 1/2 hours later. It just spins & cycles through the cute messages, with Anabel in her regular dress on the title page. I have shut down all other apps, & closed & reopened the game 3 times. No help. And the forum is responding really slowly, too.
Druid on iPhone SE

Update: I tried powering off my phone, then restarting after a few minutes. The update started from scratch at 0 of 4, but finally finished this time. I'm back in.
With an old ghost DQ I don't want.

Anyone else stuck like this, try completely powering off your device.
Good luck!

Edited on 10/25/2017 at 9:27:39 PM PST

bfgBeruna
1,350 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 26, 17 3:13 PM
Hello Desertdruid,

Thank you so much for reaching out. I'm really sorry to hear there was some initial trouble getting the "Changes are afoot" update to download. I really appreciate that you took the time to provide a workaround for this, and I hope it helps other players.

If restarting your device doesn't work, then please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team. They'll have the tools necessary to investigate to cause of the slow download further. Please include your Friend Code with the inquiry.

Should any questions remain, please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator. We'll gladly provide assistance.

bfgBeruna

aMoofie
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by aMoofie on Oct 27, 17 8:50 PM
Checked to see how long it would be before the airship showed up, and it was already there, although the graphic of it being at the airship tower was not there.

After loading and sending it off, I clicked on the tower, and the usual requester which shows how long it will be before the airship comes back didn't come up. Nothing happened.

----------

Update:

The above happened last night at about 8:30 PM. Just got in there now at noon (Saturday) and the ship was visible, and things work properly when you click on the tower. Not sure what the problem was ... but it seems as if it's "feeling better". :o)

Edited on 10/28/2017 at 9:15:11 AM PST

Pazlovejoy
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by Pazlovejoy on Oct 28, 17 3:21 PM
Shortly after the ad feature was introduced, the ads disappeared from my game around the same time that we received an update. Then recently, they came back. Now they have mysteriously disappeared again. I hesitate to contact customer service about this because it's the only thing wrong with my game and it's not that serious. I just want the ads back so that I can change the time that my fortune wheel opens. I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this and has found a solution.

Edited on 10/29/2017 at 7:15:40 AM PST

Frommij
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Frommij on Oct 28, 17 11:46 PM
Big Fish please help! Since the latest update I'm unable to complete even 1 HOS and my game blinks out. I've invested 100's of hours, level 78, over 2 million in coin and earned 2500 in diamonds. i397547. I play on iPad. Is there a way to save my game to the cloud and reinstall??? SOS!!!

bfgIlinalta
3,093 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 30, 17 1:52 PM
Hello aMoofie, Pazlovejoy, and Frommij,

Thank you all for your patience while waiting on a response and for taking the time to report the issues and update us on your experiences while playing the iOS version of Midnight Castle. I wanted to swim by real fast with some suggestions for some of these issues, as well as how to reach out to our Support Team.

aMoofie, thank you for letting us know that after some time, that the airship and associated portions seem to be working properly again. I'm sorry this seems to have occurred. If this seems to happen in the future, please feel free to provide the Midnight Castle Support Team a screenshot showing that the screen isn't displaying as normal and your Friend Code. Our Reps will be sure to follow up to investigate further.

Pazlovejoy and Frommij, I'm sorry to hear that the game isn't working as it should be. It sounds like there are two separate issues here, but both of them will need assistance from our Midnight Castle Support Team. Please get in touch with our Reps with your Friend Code and a description of what has occurred along with your request. Frommij, if you are unable to access your Friend Code using the steps above, please leave that section blank and describe the situation in your request so our Reps can assist from there. Our Reps will get back in touch as soon as they are able to do so to assist.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope this is helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by MegaOmaAussie on Oct 31, 17 1:46 AM
My game kept shutting down too and I thought it was because I had such an old iPad so I went out and bought a new one. Like I could afford it NOT. My main issue now is how do I get my Midnight Castle ID on to my new iPad? I downloaded the app and it said welcome back Mega Oma Aussie but had me back at level ONE agh! I sure won't be playing anymore if it can't be done. Fingers crossed.

[Post New]by MegaOmaAussie on Oct 31, 17 3:42 AM
I tried uninstalling Midnight Castle off my new iPad and reinstalling again but it just brought back the same ID when I installed it the first time. My original ID is i491250 which is still on my old iPad. How do I bring that over to the new iPad? I even tried going in to Facebook in the game and updating through that ?

bfgBeruna
1,350 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 31, 17 9:35 AM
Hello MegaOmaAussie,

I'm really sorry there's been trouble loading the old game onto a new iPad, but I have great news. Since both your old and your new Friend Codes are available, our Midnight Castle Support Team will be able to transfer the old game's progress to the new profile. Please contact them and include both codes with the inquiry; they'll be able to handle the rest.

If there are any remaining questions, please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator. We'll be happy to provide whatever answers we can.

bfgBeruna

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
3,802 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Nov 2, 17 6:20 PM
Tonight I was only able to gift 4 friends, but the friends page shows I've used all 5.
I took screenshots of all my friends pages to show who got what & tried to send it to CS, but it timed out uploading the screenshots. I can try again tomorrow, but a good friend lost out tonight.
Also, yesterday, I got a puzzle piece from the Fire Fountain, but when I checked my puzzle, there was no new piece (I only need 1, so I am absolutely positive).

Go to: